Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

Cool... so basically the only thing I was really thrilled to try out isn't going to be available in 1.2. This is a really big fall-through. I don't care that it may not be totally ready. When you announce something a part of a big update/expansion, it is supposed to be there. This is becoming a major issue with game developers/publishers (launch day patches, promised content that doesn't make it in when it was supposed to be there, etc). So outside of a possible once/week Ops run and a new Warzone to mix things up a bit, there's nothing for me to be excited about. Everything else is super filler and doesn't really change the game or improve it much for me and a lot of other people. Ranked Warzones are why a lot of people were coming back... and now they aren't. Not a good misstep at this phase in the game.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. gg Bioware. Such a shame that it was you and your parent company that had to develop this game. It really is and it makes me sad.

My thoughts exactly.. of all the companies that could develop a Star Wars MMO.. I wish Blizzard developed Star Wars and Bioware developed WoW.

look at the bold underlined part and understand it.

The issues in this thread aren't of a technical nature, they are due to a lack of an orangized beta process for testing end game content. Entirely within EA's control, you honestly are looking for a different section of the EULA.

The issues in this thread aren't of a technical nature, they are due to a lack of an orangized beta process for testing end game content. Entirely within EA's control, you honestly are looking for a different section of the EULA.

Pretty much... if they'd allowed us to take our 50s over to PTS to test things, they'd have had their valuable metrics to do whatever they think needs done to rated warzones, and on top of that, they'd know that their class adjustments to Guardians/Juggernauts hurt more than helped.

one would think that bugs would be of a technical nature... and how do they not also qualify as "other unforeseen circumstances"

Pretty much... if they'd allowed us to take our 50s over to PTS to test things, they'd have had their valuable metrics to do whatever they think needs done to rated warzones, and on top of that, they'd know that their class adjustments to Guardians/Juggernauts hurt more than helped.

I'm sure they'll come up with away to do it better sooner or later.

I'm guessing a hit level 50 and have entry level gear for your advance class, NPC on the fleets.

1-10 doesn't take anywhere near as long as 1-50 before you can test stuff.

no one cares

Judging by how fast this thread has grown I'd say a lot of people care actually.

I haven't unsubbed yet, and probably won't unless my server finally keels over and dies, but I just wanted to echo the massive disappointment with this last minute change. So few people on my server still play and there were several waiting for rated WZs to return to the game. I doubt most of them will bother considering they will now be so close to GW2s release.

My sadness is great.

I think the biggest issue here is that all of us that were really looking forward to rated warzones just feel lied to.. I have never seen a developer be so unprofessional in my 10+ years of playing MMO's.

Which also has had its pvp removed indefinitely. Sigh.

Well they said from the get-go that Diablo was not a PvP game and that PvP balance was not something they would put resources into - something they mentioned on their Diablo Dev panel @ Blizzcon last year

at least they were honest and frankly with GW 2 coming i can handle Diablo 3 being a PVE centric title.

I think the biggest issue here is that all of us that were really looking forward to rated warzones just feel lied to.. I have never seen a developer be so unprofessional in my 10+ years of playing MMO's.

clearly you've never played a Sony product. :cool:

Actualy, if you look at the section i copied from the eula to here you shall see that it does pertain to this thread and the majority of the posts within it.

the fact is that the ranked warzones have not been removed, they were never on live, they were on the pts in the hopes of it being live with 1.2. The facts are that the ranked warzones were not ready and have thus been delayed from deployment until they are at an acceptable lvl for the live client.

As such the feature itself has been delayed until it is correctly programed for implimentation upon the live servers which is covered under the eula of which is not under the direct control of EA nor bioware, If there is a fault/bug within the feature then no matter of magic wand waving would make the feature suddenly bug free for live today.

As such it is delayed and people will have to live with it in the knowledge that bioware dont just pump features to the game they know are bugged and there quality assurance is higher then there need to impliment features within the game and have learned there from there mistakes with illum.

Edited by Shingara

/signed

one would think that bugs would be of a technical nature... and how do they not also qualify as "other unforeseen circumstances"

Unforseen would be 'It turns out the servers crash if five people use the new version of force charge, at the same time in more than two instances of PVP zones' 'We'd of never of found that out until it hit live due to the small chance of it happening given the population of the PTS'. Unforseen is as said, unforseen, you don't see it coming.

I would hope that most people could forsee the problem of not being able to test level 50 content, because you don't have any level 50 testers to test it with.

Edit: Okay 5:45am here time for bed, rolling a sentinel tomorrow.

Edited by CactusBrawler

Not really that's 1 less sub cause the person cant understand them fixing stuff ... i think they would rather have stuff like that out of their game

If that was someone running for office's attitude, they would not obtain that office. As every vote counts so does every sub, so trust me, they do care.

This has nothing to do with them fixing anything this has to do with them misleading the community.

This is just like when your teacher told you that your printer breaking was not an excuse to hand in your homework late, because they can tell that you waited until the last minute to do it. Seems like whoever was responsible for this whole fiasco needs to be schooled.

Either way you put it, this was either a case of dishonesty or incompetence. Unsubbed.

Actualy, if you look at the section i copied from the eula to here you shall see that it does pertain to this thread and the majority of the posts within it.

the fact is that the ranked warzones have not been removed, they were never on live, they were on the pts in the hopes of it being live with 1.2. The facts are that the ranked warzones were not ready and have thus been delayed from deployment until they are at an acceptable lvl for the live client.

As such the feature itself has been delayed until it is correctly programed for implimentation upon the live servers which is covered under the eula of which is not under the direct control of EA nor bioware, If there is a fault/bug within the feature then no matter of magic wand waving would make the feature suddenly bug free for live today.

As such it is delyaed and people will have to live with it in the knowledge that bioware dont just pump features to the game they know are bugged and there quality assurance is higher then there need to impliment features within the game.

Should not spring such news on your player-base at the last minute to grab a month's worth of subs though.