Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I may have not understood the reasoning perfectly, what I understood out of the yellow posts was the following:

"My good friends, this is another time in our history that there has come back from Beta to Live a patch with honor. I believe it is peace for our time ... and now I recommend you to go home and sleep quietly in your beds."

But I could be wrong.

200+ pages with posts of unhappy subscribers and not a single yellow post. now you can see how Bioware cares about customers...

1.2 without rankend WZs this can't be true...

Would really like to see some dev commentary on this as well.

fair enough better delayed than broken. for all you complainers go to another mmo because you wont find any that are good. swtor is at the top right now any other mmo is a downgrade. anyway gw2 beta in April should make some people happy.

Either way you honestly believe that? It's all a money scam? Please no one is that stupid. But hey if you want broke content I say next time there is a problem release it and then I hope it breaks the entire game for a week then I'll be saying "told ya so."

I don't think you get it yet. The biggest beef that people have is that they resubbed specifically for this feature and BW pulled it at the last minute.

Sure, there are other things to do in the game. But a lot of people rightfully feel cheated. Oh well, $15 is not that big of a deal. This will hurt BW much greater in the long run than it will me.

Of course there were people at BW who knew that RWZ's weren't going to make it into 1.2 weeks ago. Maybe not the community manager (who seems pretty clueless) but there was a PM somewhere who knew the status and purposely allowed the community to think it'd go live just so BW could get the subs.

That's just the way that business works.

Well when you blow through your dailys and a 15 minute black talon what else is there to do while waiting for a raid to setup and clear ev/kp, both of those could be done on hardmode in 1 night

I was talking about the people who only pvp though. The ones that unsubbed and decided now that ranked warzones were coming back they should resub. I just don't get that mindset that the game should only be used for it's pvp.

fair enough better delayed than broken. for all you complainers go to another mmo because you wont find any that are good. swtor is at the top right now any other mmo is a downgrade. anyway gw2 beta in April should make some people happy.

People have the right to complain just as you have the right to complain about them and I you and so forth. Inclusive with the sub.

I love the game, that is not what this is about for most of us. The issue is, we were looking forward to something with great optimism, and then we see it pulled at the 11th hour. I think many of us just feel lied to.

I am perfectly fine with waiting for the new War zone if you need to take time to make it the best it can be then awesome i would rather you take time and perfect the system rather than rush your self and mess things up. Anyway i would personally like to suggest for this new War zone system you put in a 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 type thing because many players love doing those death match type games. I personally am a big PvPer and i would Really appreciate it if you took my ideas into consideration please do not ignore this post, best of luck with your new War zone system i'm excited to see how it turns out.

:)

I cannot stand the most of the players that SWTOR has.. it's ridiculous how everyone is raging because of a setback, the game is still new, they've been nothing but nice and working hard to please us. If they would've released this before it was actually finished you all would've raged even more. Honestly if you don't like the game please do not play it because we do not need people like you complaining at every little thing. It's almost as if a couple people are suddenly changing everyone else's view on the game, sort of like a anti-bioware band wagon. It's really pathetic how about showing some appreciation for making a great game and working hard.

Thie news is upsetting, many people in my guild including myself looked forward to 8 man ques and have been asking for it for a very long time (beta)even when it was 12v12 wz).

None of us where asking for another gear grind.

Hope this new warzone has wings and a halo because as of me logging out last night, many players in my guild unsubbed, you will need a miracle to get them back

Good or Bad im here until july when my sub runs out, so i cant threaten with unsubbing.

All i can do is worry about how dead my mostly light server is going to be which had a 3 hour que at launch.

200+ pages with posts of unhappy subscribers and not a single yellow post. now you can see how Bioware cares about customers...

1.2 without rankend WZs this can't be true...

No no a lot of yellow posts just you get them in your private message box labeled as warnings or notifications of deleted posts!

I love the game, that is not what this is about for most of us. The issue is, we were looking forward to something with great optimism, and then we see it pulled at the 11th hour. I think many of us just feel lied to.

Same boat as you i play a jugg and love leaping around the map in huttball for easy wins. Ranked being pulled last minute is just a big middle finger from bw cause that what i was looking forward to(and it seems alot of other posters) most of all. Screw legacy idc about force choking on my agent once every 20 minutes

I think the thing that really bugs me the most about the ranked warzone delay is the fact that they spent time making april fools joke videos, and they spent the time to make a legacy system that is stupid and pointless among other pointless things and they forgot to spent the time on what is important....

congrats you built a car but without an engine you fail

I doubt the numbers are that high for people have canceled simply because ranked which would have been in pre season anyhows is being delayed, peeps who have are rather fikle if they would prefer something that isnt working and bugged right now over something that works in a bit.

If you don't think that it's that big of an issue, check your server population before say 4/15 and get a number. Check that same number after say 4/18-4/22 which is when most of the pre-orders and people playing since release are usually paying. I'd love to see the drop off.

Would really like to see some dev commentary on this as well.

The only dev post in this thread was a confirmation that 8man queues ARE NOT going to be included in 1.2, as it is ONLY a feature reserved for Rated Warzones.

No acknowledgment of frustration, no offering of refund. Do some research about how much money MMOs generate and you will see how frightening their profit margins can be. Reimbursing their customer base is not a financially dangerous move for them at the moment. Instead of admitting faults, as a company they continue to shift the blame.

Their shady business decisions continue to ignore players so they can swim in profits.

IMO, if you are doing a good job as a company, it is okay to be highly profitable. But if you make mistake after mistake (server populations, Ilum, Rated Warzones), then maybe you should not earn as much this quarter.

The only power we have as players is unsub and tell others to unsub. Until BioWare/EA provides us with a different option, I'll take my money elsewhere to another company. I am not so easily wooed with lightsabers and laser-goes-pew pew sound effects.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.