Assassin Seethe exploit?

Frogggystyle

it seems that only after a few secs of me not able to attack them, they can either re-stealth or start to recuperate.

No thats not possible and must be fixed. Play as stealth class then you will understand. 5 sec ooc rule must be implemented like WoW.

Going back pages, I apologise if this was cleared up anyway, but Mind Trap I have never been able to use in stealth during Warzones against an enemy. This is for Shadows anyway.. am I the only one ?!

You can, but opponent has to be out of combat, so you usually only get to use it against a defender on their own not engaged, no chance in the middle of a melee going on.

I would actually do this more if it weren't for no indicators for if a target is suceptable to sap, the only trigger you get is after you try it red letters pop up saying "YOU MUST BE OUT OF COMBAT" but in reality its supposed to say "your target must be out of combat".

The existence of incombat hide longer then 5 sec is joke on its own (even short term ones are questionable but we can consider then as equivalent to bubbles - another oh **** button).

Add there the fact that you should only get out of combat if target you engaged is either dead or way way out of range, and even that after 30 sec that target did not come back into range. It should never have anything to do with hiding.

Even if hidden, one should move far far away to get out of combat (as far enough to prevent it from happening in WZ).

But BW devs do not get PVP stuff very well for now, they just started with MP in games, they might learn until ME MMO...

The existence of incombat hide longer then 5 sec is joke on its own (even short term ones are questionable but we can consider then as equivalent to bubbles - another oh **** button).

Add there the fact that you should only get out of combat if target you engaged is either dead or way way out of range, and even that after 30 sec that target did not come back into range. It should never have anything to do with hiding.

Even if hidden, one should move far far away to get out of combat (as far enough to prevent it from happening in WZ).

But BW devs do not get PVP stuff very well for now, they just started with MP in games, they might learn until ME MMO...

I'm glad you were not on the development team. Why even use stealth as an oh **** button if it only lasted for 5 seconds? How far can YOU run away in 5 seconds? So in other words I hit stealth (my oh **** button) try to run away in 5 freaking seconds praying they don't stun me, cc me to death before time is up far away enough that I'm not in a "combat range" (good luck with that btw) and you have to wait ANOTHER 30 seconds before you can stealth providing that not only the person that is targeted has far enough distance from you and you don't have another person that retargets you while you are unstealthed while running away, putting you BACK into combat...then just run away from the new guy for 30 seconds..(wash, repeat) and result you never get to stealth again. OR a better solution would just make the vanish cooldown a whopping 3 min. Wait a second that's how it is now!

"you should only get out of combat if target you engaged in is either dead or way out of range." So I can only stealth after the target is dead (which kinda throws the oh **** button idea out of the window pretty quick) since I personally never had to use stealth on a dead guy before. You may not LIKE the way stealth works but my God your way of fixing it is broken beyond repair.

had to have at least 11pts in deception for darkswell, because a tankassin or madness assassin would have had a debuff that would not have allowed him to heal immediately after a force cloak.

Sometimes after a force cloak, you'll still remain in combat for a few seconds so this does not always work.

I'm a tankassin and it works for me :)

Edited by Benora

You really don't even need to wait until they use their CC breaker...

Mind Maze only fills up 85% of resolve so, as long as they are at 0% resolve when you vanish you can Mind Maze... Wait for CC break and then Mind Maze again... This is actually what usually ends up happening when I do it.

It's totally overpowered but by no means an exploit, as everyone else has mentioned.

You really don't even need to wait until they use their CC breaker...

Mind Maze only fills up 85% of resolve so, as long as they are at 0% resolve when you vanish you can Mind Maze... Wait for CC break and then Mind Maze again... This is actually what usually ends up happening when I do it.

It's totally overpowered but by no means an exploit, as everyone else has mentioned.

True. Just hope you don't run into someone who decides to wait out BOTH of the mind traps w/o using the CC breaker:) Cause when you seethe you'll be brought out of stealth, then if they use the CC breaker that was all of nothing.

I use it on defence in voidstar.

Stealth, sprint forward, mindmaze incoming. If they break it - switch targets and mindmaze someone else.

Confuses the hell outta the other team 8))

Usually spoiled by a team mate force-leaping to my 'sapped' target tho. LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!

You just broke it for them you egits..

I've also done this on ilum in 1v1 and 1v2 to even the odds 8P

Cheeky - but perfectly within the rules. And I'm pretty sure it's longer than 8 secs in pvp. If people leave em alone... I won't swear to that tho.

I use it on defence in voidstar.

Stealth, sprint forward, mindmaze incoming. If they break it - switch targets and mindmaze someone else.

Confuses the hell outta the other team 8))

Usually spoiled by a team mate force-leaping to my 'sapped' target tho. LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!

You just broke it for them you egits..

I've also done this on ilum in 1v1 and 1v2 to even the odds 8P

Cheeky - but perfectly within the rules. And I'm pretty sure it's longer than 8 secs in pvp. If people leave em alone... I won't swear to that tho.

Nah, it's not longer than 8 secs. wish it was:)

True. Just hope you don't run into someone who decides to wait out BOTH of the mind traps w/o using the CC breaker:) Cause when you seethe you'll be brought out of stealth, then if they use the CC breaker that was all of nothing.

Good point, sir. :-)