why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow your mean-spirited post just reminded me that I backed up a copy of the game from like two weeks ago. Thanks! I'll just backup this 1.2 version, copy back the older version and patch up to 1.1.5 and be able to play today. You rock, troll poster!

I do what I can.

Thank You BioWare, I just love to download a busted patch and then have to redownload the whole blasted program again. By my download speed, your servers are over-taxed trying to fix this for everyone.

Please be honest and tell us that ALL USERS are affected!

Or read a book, paint a picture, step out side and play the ultimate game that is in real 3d called life lol.:D I hear its a very fun game and very addicting. I would go check it out but in stuck at a desk right now.

paying for a service, then having that service break and prevent you from accessing ti for a day that you paid for is a completely legit and valid reason to be upset and annoyed.

im very annoyed and its completely justified, i have to download the entire game again because this thread was flooded with misinformation.

stop acting high and mighty just because you weren't effected by the problem. its ridiculous and condescending and theres no reason for it.

I consoled into my home computer to check on some things. I launched the game for kicks and now here I am. My friend actually told me about the problem after I downloaded because he was jealous that I already had the patch. I guess he has the last laugh on this one.

You know what, I love this game they've done a decent job so far for launch, but ffs it is my only godamn day off and i can't even play this game cuz i would have to wait about 4-6 hours of download, yea i could go outside and meet ppl but you see im married the wife works on wednesday afternoon like any of us not doing shift work and its my only afternoon of gaming a week it's not like i got no life, i pay for this can i just play for christ sake c'mon now...:mad:

I don't understand the commentary that "bioware isn't taking responsibility for their screw up."

It's actually quite counter-productive to continue to whine and moan that Bioware "sucks" or "screwed up" when they've already given us a strong explanation of what happened, how it happened, and what they've done to fix it.

The "lost time" issue would be the next on the list, once they get their finance team involved. Why not just sit back for, oh, a little longer than 2 hours and wait for a response? It's wholly unreasonable to have a moan-fest when they actually said "please don't launch until we tell you what happened" VERY early on.

In fact, the customer service response to this issue in this thread has been incredibly realistic and rational. Why can't some in the community accept that?

Sorry, abnormally slow/capped connections are outside of Bioware's span of control. Get a better ISP or pay for a higher tier of service. If gaming is important to you as a hobby, fund it--don't skimp then throw blame at developers.

And seriously, who would go with a digital download instead of box copy knowing they are so abnormally bandwidth capped?

/boggle

Actually, people have every right to blame the developers. People expect, as customers, that their products are being delivered properly. This patch was not supposed to be delivered until tomorrow, and the only way to fix it for some players today is to re-download the entire game. This is beyond the norm--i.e. people should not have to expect to download so many GBs of info for this game in such a time span (i.e. today and tomorrow). BioWare dropped the ball. They may try to dismiss the problem as just a "small number" but should these players, as a matter of principle, not have the right to direct blame at BioWare?

I"m sorry, but this is complete BS.

You accidentally screw up your release times, and now a small handful of people, including myself can no longer play the game today. Normally, I could over look this, but I"m coming to the point of sheer frustration with your company and the plethora of bugs, customer service issues and general deployment issues you have had since release. To further increase my unhappiness, I am reminded that once again, I am paying monthly for a game that unless I want to waste a whole night re-downloading THE ENTIRE GAME I cannot play. Hell, even if I did re-download it, I would still be unable to get into the game trying to re-download all the patches and everything else needed.

Please Bioware, get your stuff in order, and find some way to compensate the players who you have done a complete and horrid disservice to today.

I couldn't agree more. After just buying the game at $10 off and finding out it's now $20 off, having this happening is making me reconsider the 6-month subscription I was about to drop on it. I am seriously considering cutting my losses and dropping SWTOR altogether after all the disappointments I've had with it both in game and out.

hmmm i really get irretated when u Bioware say just small amount of people were affected by your pre downloadand, "im one of those" and u don't say how u gonna compensate those small amount of people...

we loose one day in game time.. or we can download 11g.. and im downloading 650kb/s and my operation started 10min ago, and i have 10,9g left atm...

that means im not gonna play today..

I thought Life was a board game. You know nothing.

;)

Ah but the board game is just the expansion pack the the real 3d game. Noted a small expansion that is now where as massive as the college expansion and the relationship expansion. I would say its on pair with the SWTOR community expansion just with no download times.