Presence gear on companions

QisaBluevixen

Does anything happen if you put Presence gear on a companion? Do they get tougher or do you have to be the one wearing it?

you have to be the one wearing it, i tested it on my BH i put on a piece of gear with presence and it change y comps stats i put back on my piece of gear then put the presence piece on my comp and their stats didnt change from what they were before i had put on the piece.

you have to be the one wearing it, i tested it on my BH i put on a piece of gear with presence and it change y comps stats i put back on my piece of gear then put the presence piece on my comp and their stats didnt change from what they were before i had put on the piece.

I think in 1.2 this changes and the alts can be the ones wearing the presence gear.

Does anything happen if you put Presence gear on a companion? Do they get tougher or do you have to be the one wearing it?

Companions do have a presence stat. It's generally set to zero.

and since your companion doesn't have a companion himself to be affected by presence, it's totally wasted.

But if you've got a garbage green with otherwise good stats, it will do no harm to pass it along to your companion.

• 1 year later...
It will be nice to have presence on my companion boost MY stats instead. I mean, because of presence, my DPS companion has more health than me, and I'm a tank.

If your companions have MORE HP than you, then YOU are NOT properly geared. I am a Sith Juggernaut. And my companions have NEVER had more HP than I.

Your companion is your follower, not the other way around. It is your PRESENCE that influences them.

Examples of Leadership that had high presence: Rommel, Baron von Richthofen (Red Baron), Patton, Adm Halsey, Ghandi, Mother Teresa.

Presence in this game is like Charm in WoW. In all honesty, I have 0 gear with presence as it really does not make difference as leveling progression is fast and the higher gear compensates for not having it.

If your companions have MORE HP than you, then YOU are NOT properly geared. I am a Sith Juggernaut. And my companions have NEVER had more HP than I.

We talk again about it when you start each new character with a few hundred presence. For the first twenty level or so, my companions can be naked and my char can have the best in slot stuff, and still my companions have more health than me.

Also, if you necro an old thread, try at least not do it with something stupid!

Edited by Drudenfusz

Your companion is your follower, not the other way around. It is your PRESENCE that influences them.

Examples of Leadership that had high presence: Rommel, Baron von Richthofen (Red Baron), Patton, Adm Halsey, Ghandi, Mother Teresa.

Presence in this game is like Charm in WoW. In all honesty, I have 0 gear with presence as it really does not make difference as leveling progression is fast and the higher gear compensates for not having it.

Try maxing out all the companions affection for all classes and doing all the conversations. Even with the best gear for the level and basic gear for my companions, they normally have more HP than me until mid level. And Drud is correct. If you go through the trouble of brining up an old topic, at least be right and not dead wrong.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Try maxing out all the companions affection for all classes and doing all the conversations. Even with the best gear for the level and basic gear for my companions, they normally have more HP than me until mid level. And Drud is correct. If you go through the trouble of brining up an old topic, at least be right and not dead wrong.

Yep. Even at level 55, companions can have more hp. For example, my Treek had about 1k more hp than my sorc did with both in full 69. That's without the benefit of augments on the companion. My sorc didn't start pulling ahead of Treek until I began accumulating 72s, and I imagine that were Treek in the same level gear, she would still have more hp. And this is just ~560 presence.

Edited by Laiov