10pm downtime? Really?

Staavis_SC

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh gees this is better than any episode of family guy I ever watched.... keep it coming OP and the Darthbratpak kid... im really starting to enjoy this supersized popcorn and coke combi... More... More!!

I hear ya. Best flame war on the forum. :D Going to grab me a Guinness. :cool:

I wanted to post here cause it's a silly QQ.

always someone has to complain about stuff that doesn't matter.

yes, this doesn't matter, why? cause it's a game, that will be back up after they finish.

so.... do something else... seriously, quit the simple QQ, go to a movie, sleep, eat, poop, whatever... the game will be back up and running and all will be fine in the world.

now... less QQ... more pew pew.

Thank you for posting something that deserves a legit QQ response.

[This message brought to you by the QQ Responders Foundation]

Its not maintenace... thats Tuesdays.. and this week you were unaffected by it cos it was web only... this is a major UPDATE... you know the one we have all been patiently waiting for and many like the OP, moaning cos of the wait.....

last update was on a Thursday.. this is no different

Is doing the 1.2 patch and weekly maintenance at the same time difficult? Don't see why they need to be different nights. It could have waited a few more days and done on Tuesday. Or 1.2 that much of make or break for this game that it needs to be now or else the world will end?

Also i'm pretty sure patch deployment is considered maintenance.

It's about more than that.

If this was a F2P MMO, no big deal. I'm not paying for the service, so they can bring down the servers anytime as far as I care.

But, here, I am paying for a service. The service is, access to their servers.

They set an established downtime window, they should live by it.

I'm an engineer. I deal, in precision. Precision measurements, precision estimates, precision in schedules and delivery dates.

I expect those that I do business with, to do the same.

Consider for example: Season tickets to the <INSERT NBA TEAM HERE>

You buy those tickets, with the expectation to gain entrance to the game, upon turning the ticket over at the gate.

If the team decides to suddenly change it's starting times to 3 in the morning, when you can't show up, you'd be a little peeved, wouldn't you? In fact, if suddenly, you had no use for those tickets because of the time change, you'd likely demand a refund from the front office, would you not?

:rolleyes:

Dude seriously? This is not a normal Patch its a MAJOR update. I want them to update the servers and make absolutly sure it loads right. Everyone has been begging for this let them roll it out... MMOs always got down times you knew this when you signed up. If you didnt then perhaps your ignorance is no excuse..

Now if the OP had come with a bit more than... I want my primetime back.... something like .... BAAHHHH having to miss my primetime and I still wont be able to play a teddy bear toon when the servers are back up - - I wanna complain on the forums...

I could probably try and get behind ya... but you FAILED your dramaqueen dice roll... but I'm still LoL'ing :p

Edited by Bloodstealer

Is doing the 1.2 patch and weekly maintenance at the same time difficult? Don't see why they need to be different nights. It could have waited a few more days and done on Tuesday. Or 1.2 that much of make or break for this game that it needs to be now or else the world will end?

Also i'm pretty sure patch deployment is considered maintenance.

Well lets mull this one over... maintenance is generally reactive adjustments to the game... hwereas a major update is actually adding more to the game.. depends on what side of the service team you sit I would say....

As for 1.2 being game breaking... I would say it has more chance of loosing more customers the longer people have to wait, especially as it was announced for this week rather than someone loosing an extra 2hrs of their personal primetime this Thursday (even tho they had an extra 4 hrs of play time on Tuesday cos the maintenace window was web only)

So nit pick all ya like but it looks like the vast majority of people speaking here actually get it and see no issue with it no matter where they live, cos they see the benefit they are getting....

If people choose to live their lives around an MMO, then sadly they have to learn to always expect ... THE UNEXPECTED :eek:

Edited by Bloodstealer

Actually no, you only have 2 days notice.

You have Today and Tomorrow. The patch is coming out tomorrow night.

Why are we still talking about this? It is irrelevant. They never said they were giving us 3 days. Does anyone have a source for a concrete 3 day window?

Depends on the time zone you're in. Eastern time is getting it whoa early Thursday morning. Europe is getting it on Thursday. Also, the tweet said USUALLY they give 3 days warning.

So what they said is true... from a certain point of view. (Thank you, Obi-Wan!) :D

Why are we still talking about this? It is irrelevant. They never said they were giving us 3 days. Does anyone have a source for a concrete 3 day window?

I wouldn't give a rats... if they had turned round and said "Servers are going down in 1 hr for major game update.. log out, go get a life and we'll see ya in game in 8hrs time.... I personally would of given a "hell yeah" and slept happy dreaming of UI customisations.... :o

Though I guess I have to accept that if BW had done that on Thursday then there was likely gunna be a flamefest from players who had to suffer panic attacks and fits / shakes after not being able to log in after the 1st hour of downtime... where'es the paper bag when ya need it most! :eek:

And danggg I just realised.. we're unlikely to hear back from the OP before this thread gets closed... its the Primetime apparently.. may the Force Guide you through your hours of darkness and anxiety on Thursday.... until the sun rises once more or the servers are back up.. which ever is sooner on the West Coast :)

Edited by Bloodstealer

Nope. 4th or 5th.

And in the other MMO's I played, the downtime was a consistent day, and a consistent time.

So you could schedule around it.

Then you sure have selective memory. Wow and SWG were never consistent and neither were any other MMOs I've tried. I really don't know why we are bothering to reply to your deliberately baiting questions.

technically, we had a week+ notice. they said last week that it would be out this week, so yeah.

anyway, as others have pointed out, they did not say that we would get three days notice.

It seems to me the everyone who is saying stop your QQ, just login when the servers are backup, are lucky enough to be in a position where they can wait it out. If the OP is just complaining about 2 hours of lost time and then can just login when its done and continue playing, then maybe they should just learn to relax a bit.

However you have to remember that not everyone is in this situation and scheduling something at a different time to its regular occurrence, which takes away some enjoyment / relaxation they get once a week, you have to understand their frustration.

And to those who say don't arrange your life around a game. I think this is a bit of simplification of what happens for some. I don't see anything wrong with organizing your week to include some gaming.

I suppose this is getting off topic now.

Like I said before, I wish they would keep the scheduled maintenance to regular fixed night, which usually do, I don't see why 1.2 needs to be different.

It seems to me the everyone who is saying stop your QQ, just login when the servers are backup, are lucky enough to be in a position where they can wait it out. If the OP is just complaining about 2 hours of lost time and then can just login when its done and continue playing, then maybe they should just learn to relax a bit.

However you have to remember that not everyone is in this situation and scheduling something at a different time to its regular occurrence, which takes away some enjoyment / relaxation they get once a week, you have to understand their frustration.

And to those who say don't arrange your life around a game. I think this is a bit of simplification of what happens for some. I don't see anything wrong with organizing your week to include some gaming.

I suppose this is getting off topic now.

Like I said before, I wish they would keep the scheduled maintenance to regular fixed night, which usually do, I don't see why 1.2 needs to be different.

I think you nailed it.

It seems to me the everyone who is saying stop your QQ, just login when the servers are backup, are lucky enough to be in a position where they can wait it out.

Every Tuesday I get home from work right bang on maintenance time. You know what I do then? Literally anything else in the world. I managed to wait until the NZ/AU release to play; now that I've got the game, I can go one night a week without server access - even if it is sometimes the only night I'm free.

Edited by Krintar

Nope. 4th or 5th.

And in the other MMO's I played, the downtime was a consistent day, and a consistent time.

So you could schedule around it.

Please list them with from to dates. Every other MMO I have played (EQ, Aion, STO, LoTRO) has had downtime dates and times that changed for various reasons. In EQ the longest down time I remember was 18 hours for all servers. I remember, hearing talk of downtimes of days in WoW when it first came out.

So, what MMOs were they that you played that had consistent days and time for downtime? They must have been really special MMOs and well coded...

Every Tuesday I get home from work right bang on maintenance time. You know what I do then? Literally anything else in the world. I managed to wait until the NZ/AU release to play; now that I've got the game, I can go one night a week without server access - even if it is sometimes the only night I'm free.

I don't think you quiet understand what I'm saying (or I don't understand what your're saying). If Tuesdays was the only night a week you could play, then you wouldn't be playing very often. So assume you can play other nights of the week. You are right if you can play anytime then one night a week shouldn't be a big issue.

My point is that saying its only 1 night get over it, doesn't fly for some. 1 night downtime off the regular schedule is good as saying we have a week of maintenance. Image the QQ if they came out and said that.

Depends on the time zone you're in. Eastern time is getting it whoa early Thursday morning. Europe is getting it on Thursday. Also, the tweet said USUALLY they give 3 days warning.

So what they said is true... from a certain point of view. (Thank you, Obi-Wan!) :D

Well for me it will be done by the time I get up in the morning, I'm in CDT. So at least for me it will be now only one day, as it will be tomorrow night while I'm in bed.