Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

is this right? QQ about sith operatives

bazthefish

just done a wz, civil war - got killed by a sith operative without even managing to fire back or anything. reason, he killed me b4 and i managed to escape, throw flash nade, but he still caught me and killed, didnt have much of a chance as in the first few secs of combat he took nearly 75% of my health away

now when i ressed i went bk to the turret i was gaurding, he came out of vanish, completly stunned me for like 10 secs, and during those 10 secs he killed me without me getting any kind of shot against him

im asking is this fair??? - one of the reasons i quit wow was becasue the rogues in that game were just to powerful at pvp, and it looks like the sith operative is going the same way

why should any class be allowed to have that many stuns available to them!!

how should any class be allowed to be able to vanish for that amount of time!!! - fyi, sith vanish from there spawn point in civil war and can run to what would be the right hand turret for them without losing vanish

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things

1.What bracket is this?

If 50...

A.Are you a fairly new 50?

B.What is your gear/spec?

If he had over 10% via expertise with champ and BM gear and you were lacking any expertise without any set gear (i.e. not even tionese/columni) then yes it would be quite easy for any class to bring you to zero in very short order.

2.Did you have/use any cooldowns? You have a CC-breaker did you attempt to use it? Break one stun and the resolve bar will be full in very short order. Knockback or use your own CC on him.

3.What class are you?

Can't speak to any specific strategies without knowing what you are

4.Was it a solo v solo node?

I ask because in alderaan there usually aren't that many iso-situations (i.e. 1v1) other then an attempted 'ninja' capture of a node before defenders can respond.

5.What was the time frame?

For what you stated to have to happen he would have needed to either have time to get out of combat or waste a cooldown to stealth. If it was the time frame of say you catching a speeder to mid then running to the side where he is and getting jumped again, well the first fight should probably have been a lesson to you that you are outmatched in that fight and should join a fight where there are more bodies to buy you less direct attention.

6.More a comment then a question but running to an op/scoundrel in a 1 v 1 situation when they've had the opportunity to get back into stealth is playing directly into their strength. The way they are built assuming relatively equal footing if they get the opener off they are at a great advantage, if they do not then they are not nearly as big of a threat.

Edited by paul_preib

you must be new.

Operatives are not sith, they are imperial agents.

Operatives have 2 stuns. A 1.5s stun from stealth and the standard 4s stun that most classes have.

Their is no way a solo OP stunned you for 10s.

Use your escape then stun him back. Game over for operative unless this is sub 50 and you are like level 10.

Operatives have already been nerfed more then any other class and are getting nerfed again in 1.2..

I guess the exageratex crying wont stop till operatives and scoundrels are removed from the game.

just done a wz, civil war - got killed by a sith operative without even managing to fire back or anything. reason, he killed me b4 and i managed to escape, throw flash nade, but he still caught me and killed, didnt have much of a chance as in the first few secs of combat he took nearly 75% of my health away

now when i ressed i went bk to the turret i was gaurding, he came out of vanish, completly stunned me for like 10 secs, and during those 10 secs he killed me without me getting any kind of shot against him

im asking is this fair??? - one of the reasons i quit wow was becasue the rogues in that game were just to powerful at pvp, and it looks like the sith operative is going the same way

how should any class be allowed to be able to vanish for that amount of time!!! - fyi, sith vanish from there spawn point in civil war and can run to what would be the right hand turret for them without losing vanish

You are the reason why my class gets nerfed every 2 weeks. I'm glad Bioware listens to your valuable feedback.

Get some pvp gear.

you must be new.

Operatives are not sith, they are imperial agents.

Operatives have 2 stuns. .

1. Pin Down

Sever Tendon has a [50 / 100]% chance to immobilize the target for 2 seconds.

2. Jarring Strike

Hidden Strike has a [50 / 100]% chance to knock the target flat on its face for 1.5 seconds.

3. Sleep Dart

Puts the target to sleep for 60 seconds

4. Flash Bang

Detonates a flash bang that blinds up to 5 targets within 5 meters for 8 seconds

5. Debilitate

Deals 312 - 344 energy damage and stuns the target for 4 seconds.

You're a bad player. Yet you can still post on forums.

That is the problem.

Well they are being nerfed specifically for this reason

Its no secret, even though the op blew it out of proportion the fact is this happens and happens often and that is why they are nerfed.

It only happens to terribad players.

It only happens to terribad players.

That's relative.

The one and only class in the game that completely wipes me 1 on 1, 1 on 2, 1 on 3, 1 on 4 is a good operative. Unless I'm standing right next to someone an op opened up on, so I can join the fight instantly, that person is 9 times out of 10, dead and the op vanishes.

On every toon I play, shadow, gunslinger or guardian, if a good op gets the drop on me I get a couple of attacks off before I'm dead. No other class can do that kind of damage without fear of a fight.

Warzone after warzone, a good op can have 40+ kills and 0 deaths ... and those who play the class think it's fine and balanced ...

But yeah, there are bads that can't play operative the right way and they are the example used to say "we aren't over powered".

Edited by Vudu

1. Pin Down

2. Jarring Strike

Hidden Strike has a [50 / 100]% chance to knock the target flat on its face for 1.5 seconds.

3. Sleep Dart

4. Flash Bang

Detonates a flash bang that blinds up to 5 targets within 5 meters for 8 seconds

5. Debilitate

That's exactly two stuns, unless we're counting roots, mezzes and disorients as "stuns" now.

1. Pin Down

2. Jarring Strike

3. Sleep Dart

4. Flash Bang

5. Debilitate

You must know pin down is a root not a stun. Sleep and flash bang break on damage and are not stuns. That leaves 2 stuns as i said.

1. Pin Down

2. Jarring Strike

3. Sleep Dart

4. Flash Bang

5. Debilitate

Im not sure if you were backing him up on the 2 stuns but if you weren't.

I see 2 stuns Debilitate and Jarring Strike.

1 mez Flash Bang (breaks on damage)

1 sap Sleep Dart (breaks on damage)

1 root Sever Tendon

But if you were backing him up, thanks for posting those so everyone knows what they do.

1. Pin Down

2. Jarring Strike

3. Sleep Dart

4. Flash Bang

5. Debilitate

Within context I think mez's are being held separate from stuns in the context given since they break on damage. I know CC vs stun vs mez vs. snare really comes down to semantics but in there it is...

Well they are being nerfed specifically for this reason

Its no secret, even though the op blew it out of proportion the fact is this happens and happens often and that is why they are nerfed.

Youve got to be kidding me. My operative can get stunned by otbdr classes and killed befor its over. Jugs can aoe crit as hard as we can open on a single target from stealth.

When i

Heal spec i laugh at other operatives and scoundrels opening up on me. I just eat stun then stun them then ru. Or heal. Its pathetic really. Thay can only kill me if its 2 of them or im half life already. Frankly any class can kill anotber if they are at half life. Well accept mauraders they seem ti live forever at like 10% health left.

My question is if they're mirror classes why don't I ever group with smugglers that do half the damage or heal as well as ops :(

You're unlucky 8)- We have some scoundrels that wreck people and some that top in healing on Jung Ma.

1. Pin Down

2. Jarring Strike

3. Sleep Dart

4. Flash Bang

5. Debilitate

A lot of these are situational stuns. There is a right and wrong time to use them

Sever tendon only immobilizes for 2 sec but the affected target can still fight back. just not move.

Sleep dart is only used from stealth and only on players who are NOT in combat. Also, it instantly fills your resolve bar.

Flash Bang has a high resolve filler and it is easily broke by anyone who attacks the affected target.

Basically the only 2 left are the ones being used the most often by agents. Debilitate and jarring strike. Often I will open up on a target with hidden strike, then back stab, he/she will use stun breaker so then I debilitate to keep from being knocked back/stunned (by now that person's resolve is full), shiv, lacerate, overload shot, frag nade. Rinse and repeat (without hidden strike of course)

If the OP is being stunned for 10 straight seconds then killed by a single IA and no other attacker, then the only conclusion is that he/she had been flash banged, but that is broke by combat so that makes his argument moot.

IA's are not what they once were before the acid blade nerf and the adrenal stacking days right after launch. I seriously question this person's complaint about agent's stunlock-kill ability because it is just not there, there is none.

A lot of these are situational stuns. There is a right and wrong time to use them

Sever tendon only immobilizes for 2 sec but the affected target can still fight back. just not move.

Sleep dart is only used from stealth and only on players who are NOT in combat. Also, it instantly fills your resolve bar.

Flash Bang has a high resolve filler and it is easily broke by anyone who attacks the affected target.

Basically the only 2 left are the ones being used the most often by agents. Debilitate and jarring strike. Often I will open up on a target with hidden strike, then back stab, he/she will use stun breaker so then I debilitate to keep from being knocked back/stunned (by now that person's resolve is full), shiv, lacerate, overload shot, frag nade. Rinse and repeat (without hidden strike of course)

If the OP is being stunned for 10 straight seconds then killed by a single IA and no other attacker, then the only conclusion is that he/she had been flash banged, but that is broke by combat so that makes his argument moot.

IA's are not what they once were before the acid blade nerf and the adrenal stacking days right after launch. I seriously question this person's complaint about agent's stunlock-kill ability because it is just not there, there is none.

If he was guarding an objective, it would make some sense. You can't use your cc breaker, except as last resort, during an ops opener. The reason being, as I'm sure you're well aware, is that the operative will just vanish, sleep dart and take the point.

And then, proceed to killing the person guarding that point ; )-

Edited by Vudu

If he was guarding an objective, it would make some sense. You can't use your cc breaker, except as last resort, during an ops opener. The reason being, as I'm sure you're well aware, is that the operative will just vanish, sleep dart and take the point.

And then, proceed to killing the person guarding that point ; )-

You can't sleep dart if you are in combat...it's pretty worthless for PvP.

You can't sleep dart if you are in combat...it's pretty worthless for PvP.

When you stealth, it breaks combat.

If you think sleep dart or mind maze is worthless for pvp, you're really misinformed or not realizing it's potential.

Edited by Vudu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.