Popular Synthweaving Armor

DrivenTooFar

I'm looking to try and sell more custom armor but I'm not sure what I should be making. I wanted to check with the community and see what is popular so that maybe I'll have some good luck in selling these items. Basically, what are the items that you really like or what do you see everyone else running around with? I'm a 400 Synthweaver on the Republic side with most of the schematics available. Thanks.

Aspiring Knight's Vest for Smugglers and Jedi knights are popular on many servers. I've seen them go up on The Crucible Pits and Hyperspace Cannon for 20-50k per piece.

The other pieces in that set are popular too. I've been dying to get one every since I saw it on GTN, but unfortunately not many have appeared.

Typically the level 11 custom and any of the ones that look better than your typical armor sets. Higher lvl oranges that are closer to 50 won't really sell as by that time people are more interested in getting col/rata gear.

Don't forget that companions need some armor too, and come 1.2 there will be a lot more custom armor on the GTN.

Aspiring Knight's Vest for Smugglers and Jedi knights are popular on many servers. I've seen them go up on The Crucible Pits and Hyperspace Cannon for 20-50k per piece.

The other pieces in that set are popular too. I've been dying to get one every since I saw it on GTN, but unfortunately not many have appeared.

I sell the Vest and the Leggings regularly for 20k-25k but recently people have been underselling me by 5k-10k, which is why I'm looking to branch out.

Thanks for the responses so far guys!

Wait you actually do? What server are you on? I've been dying to get the vests but so far none have appeared on the GTN on Hyperspace Cannon.

If you're on the server I'd happily buy one from you. Thanks!

Republic side btw lol

Ahh ok no problem then... Might I ask however where did you get the schematic for that item? I'm currently doing Synthweaving as well and haven't yet gotten a schematic for Synth.

Most I got were Rugged Smuggling Jacket for Armormech (going to give that to my Operative to craft :D). I haven't found anything else in Underworld Trading.

I honestly cannot remember. I know I got it around when I first started playing the game so if it was a mission it may have been a lower level one. Or maybe a drop/chest from one of the lower level planets like Coruscant but this is just a guess. Good luck on finding the schematic.

I have almost all the patterns and without add ons or spreadsheeting the most ive seen sell is the Aspiring Knight set for medium and Jedi Initiate for light.

Inquisitor robes on the imp side. I'm just starting to collect level armormech and Rugged Smuggling seems to sell the most but I only have a few patterns.

20K per orange piece is my price. 40K for the lvl 47 to 50 ones. Its a trickle but I dont play my imp guy and he has close to 700K in ther bank as a level 10. After a month or so that is.

Synth-weaving wise, pretty much any medium/heavy armor that is low-mid level and not restricted by class.

Not for my characters, mind you, but for my companions! I suggest the Resilient Lacquerous set in particular as it doesn't look particularly "Jedi" and wouldn't look much odder on a non-Jedi than any of the Smuggler caped sets. Plus, I've seen quite a few Consulars with Qyzen (heavy armor tank, aim based) in modded Guardian gear, and Bowdaar (Smuggler tank) actually takes Jedi Guardian gear as well.

Of course, I realize that some people don't care if their companion looks as though they got dressed in the dark and will just use commendation gear, but surely I am not the only one that does. :p

Edited by Gwena

As far as what is most in demand, I think the Traditional Demicot Lower Robe is my most in demand item. You'd be amazed how many jedi out there want pants instead of a robe, and republic side at least, that's just what that "lower robe" really is. Unless I've got it confused with some other Traditional Lower Robe.

Ahh ok no problem then... Might I ask however where did you get the schematic for that item? I'm currently doing Synthweaving as well and haven't yet gotten a schematic for Synth.

You get the aspiring knight vest schematic from rank 1 UT missions. The drop rate is rather abysmal however, from what I've found.

I think it is not about a specific set but rather depends on the buying patterns on your server. For instance i focus on the trends to decide which armor to sell/crit for purple.

* Level 9 purple for "i want fast leveling on my alt" buys

* Level 11/orange/purple for fresh out of starting zone buying spree

* Level 15 Aspiring set chest and legs, sells well no matter what, hunt for purple armor pieces to maximize the gain.

* Level 19-23 range is for "i want my headgear now", look for traditional nylite headgear for light armor, jedi sages, especially

* Level 19 pants also sell well (if buyer missed the pants opportunity earlier), if i remember well; the 1st time i have got my orange pants was after the taris bonus series, it was pretty late, so sell them earlier.

* From late 20s to 50s, i primarly focus on nice looking purple gears, i.e. folks wants jedi armor w/o a hood, jedi armor that is not brown.

* Also the misc attributes are important, +Power, +Surge, +Crit are the ones I focus. +Accuracy etc doesnt sell well.

* Level 49 purple armor at rate 126 sells well on my server too. Low population, difficult to find PUGS for HM FPs, and folks need to buy decent gear as their level progression comes to an end and gear upgrade are the only way to go. Level 49/50 purple gear sells however is also dependent on you are getting good deals on mats. For instance, if i see a mandalorian iron at 7.5k each, i buy. for two of those, i can make a level 49 purple and sell for 50k at least.

Trick is to buy unique mats when they are super cheap. Always look for deals on purple armor upgrades as well. I also like to buy stuff for my alts and companions and so most of the money goes back to economy (though i am rarely below 500k). I sell greens for people looking for cheap upgrades for their alts.