50 Bracket is losing to 10-49

richardya

I am finding that the 50 bracket que times are way longer. To me this is because people who have completed BM gear have no progression.

Well then play for fun?

I do and progression is fun, thats why I am playing an underpowered alt and not my max gear 50 main.

This is proof that people enjoy gear progression and NOT stomping on undergeared. It should show the devs that the solution is moderate gear progression.

Recruit

Champion = Recruit +1%

BM = Champion +2%

WH = BM + 2%

If people cry that they are getting killed by better gear just ignore them. If a 5% stat increase destroys you then you need to look elsewhere for an excuse. Blame your class or your teammates or the devs or your parents or your 3rd grade gym teacher.

Edited by richardya

A lot of 50s are rerolling to increase legacy levels for 1.2 . Thats whats going on @ my server at least.

Exactly, my point is that people don't want gear progression to stomp on undergeared. When gear progression is done they move on to other progression, be it legacy or alts etc.

I just rolled a new alt and I have to say I'm enjoying the < 50 bracket way better. When gear is taken out of the equation the battles get way more interesting.

If it's not gear, it's the amount of skills.

A mid teen character is in no way equipped to kill a character in their mid 40's, bolstering or not, and in my opinion, that is a far far far larger gap than between geared and non geared 50's....

there is a larger gap with CC lvl 40+ has way more CC then lvl 20

but since you see a lot less premade a group of PUG is usually made by 4<25 and 4>25 this kind of balance it out and lower the total ammount of CC in game because the 4 lower level have 1 CC max 2 in rare occasion

a group on lvl 49 vs a group of level under 20 i agree the gap is huge bigger then at lvl 50

but this happen RARELY

usually it's more a mix of lvl that actually make it way more balanced i never see a premade of 4xlvl49 join that would make it worst then lvl50

If it's not gear, it's the amount of skills.

A mid teen character is in no way equipped to kill a character in their mid 40's, bolstering or not, and in my opinion, that is a far far far larger gap than between geared and non geared 50's....

I've killed many people 10+ levels higher than me. I didn't have sprint and I was winning 1v1s. I agree with what you're saying but the difference between number of skills is not the same as differences between gear.

As somebody who has PVP'ed a ton in 10-49 and now quite a bit in 50's, I enjoy 50's WZ's much more now that I have gear. However, a lvl 20 has a better chance at killing a lvl 40 than a fresh 50 does killing somebody with good gear most of the time.

I've killed many people 10+ levels higher than me. I didn't have sprint and I was winning 1v1s. I agree with what you're saying but the difference between number of skills is not the same as differences between gear.

Nope like he said its actually bigger. You don't stand a chance against an equally skilled opponent 10 levels higher (certain classes who get their important skills earlier maybe sometimes).

If he has two stuns to your one and twice the CDs, maybe you don't even have your interrupt yet etc etc.

I min/maxed my merc in the 40s and could do 2.5K TMs with near 4k HS...while rolling heavy armor and 14k hp. Heck I would even run towards my targets so I could get my 2k+ rocket punch in to really rub it in. Was it fun ? Yeah, I'm not going to lie it was a blast destroying everything. Was it wrong, ehhh... debatable. Everyone else could min max their chars too. And lower lvl chars, like sub15 have super high AR. The problem was that nobody uses their def cd, nobody is popping relics/adrenals, nobody is rolling with stims, barely any teamwork, not a whole lot of guarding, and no interrupts. If I had been interrupted, had my targets guarded, focused or if they even used something as simple as LOS to their advantage then I'd have been shutdown. Thts why I agree its not only the gear, its the skill or inexperience thats the problem. I had already war hero'd a juggernaut and had a general idea of what was going on.

The gap in skill/gear is incredibly huge in the 10-49 bracket. People complain about 50 and I'm confused how they didnt see it 10-49... maybe because they finished the bracket stomping lower lvl chars???

Exactly, my point is that people don't want gear progression to stomp on undergeared. When gear progression is done they move on to other progression, be it legacy or alts etc.

I meant they are rerolling alts for the legacy levels, so they can get the additional buffs (eg they want to continue to stomp lower progressed chars).

As somebody who has PVP'ed a ton in 10-49 and now quite a bit in 50's, I enjoy 50's WZ's much more now that I have gear. However, a lvl 20 has a better chance at killing a lvl 40 than a fresh 50 does killing somebody with good gear most of the time.

Agreed, and this is where PvP fails in this game.

Let's not forget all the people who ding 50, find out they have to gear up & just decide to reroll & continue having instant fun. I would say this field is larger than the field that is gear-maxed & rerolling b/c they can't progress further. Edited by GRINnBARRETT

The 10-49 bracket is even more of a joke than the 50 and way less fun. I sat at 48-49 and PvPd on my operative, and I literally went 50-0 every game, no healer. It's a joke, I have double the stuns, double the defensive CDs, and double the damaging abilities of everyone in the warzone. 10-49 is for people that enjoy stomping and hate group play. 50 pvp is for people who enjoy a challenge, know how to keybind 20 abilities, and have some friends to play with.

If 10-49 is so amazing, let's just delete gear from the game at level 50 and attach abilities to valor rating. So the people who play the most have access to the most abilities amirite?

The 10-49 bracket is even more of a joke than the 50 and way less fun. I sat at 48-49 and PvPd on my operative, and I literally went 50-0 every game, no healer. It's a joke, I have double the stuns, double the defensive CDs, and double the damaging abilities of everyone in the warzone.

Considering that an operative has a grand total of 2 defensive CDs... No. And you only have 2 stuns, which is pretty much the same as several other classes.

Edited by Caelrie

The 10-49 bracket is even more of a joke than the 50 and way less fun. I sat at 48-49 and PvPd on my operative, and I literally went 50-0 every game, no healer. It's a joke, I have double the stuns, double the defensive CDs, and double the damaging abilities of everyone in the warzone. 10-49 is for people that enjoy stomping and hate group play. 50 pvp is for people who enjoy a challenge, know how to keybind 20 abilities, and have some friends to play with.

If 10-49 is so amazing, let's just delete gear from the game at level 50 and attach abilities to valor rating. So the people who play the most have access to the most abilities amirite?

This is what I've been trying to tell people from the start. The reason to why a lot of fresh 50's are complaining is because their last games have been against people 30 levels lower than themselves or people completely new to the game and it is in some cases giving them an unjustified feeling of being good. Then when they hit 50 and all of a sudden get to play other experienced people they're suddenly not that good anymore and naturally it's the gear's fault. I've yet to see a good player complain about gear progression. Granted that some might think that it doesnt belong in PvP but nevertheless, a good player shouldnt be held back by it.

The reason to why I'm not PvP'ing (much) on my BM is that I want to prove to people that the BH class is totally OP and a class for players who can't handle more than 3 buttons. So I rolled one and since level 10 I've topped the dps chart in every game but for the ones where some other BH managed to spam more than myself. I cannot understand why the BH class, and foremost Mercs, arent nerfed to the ground because as long as I don't try any 1 vs 1's I will always deal the most damage by just spamming.

Considering that an operative has a grand total of 2 defensive CDs... No. And you only have 2 stuns, which is pretty much the same as several other classes.

LOL

I was about to post the exact same thing, what a load of hot air from that guy.

LOL

I was about to post the exact same thing, what a load of hot air from that guy.

I wish this game had a built-in video recorder so there would be no excuses when you ask for proof when these people claim "I went 50-0 without a healer every game!".

Well, on my server at least, a lot of the 50 pvpers are taking a little break until 1.2 hits, at least the War Heros are. Once that hits, it's back to the grind for the new gear.

People new to 50 have no incentive right now since they can purchase champ equiv gear at the onset of 1.2 w/ credits (from my understanding)..

So really those who are still doing pvp are those attempting to hit rank 70 by the launch of 1.2.

So really those who are still doing pvp are those attempting to hit rank 70 by the launch of 1.2.

I don't think 70 does anything in 1.2. The best way to improve your main is actually to play alts to get the legacy other class buff. That is very useful in PVP.