Solution to Server Imbalance: Reroll on The Fatman!

Coximo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the reason there haven't been any server closures isn't because Bioware don't want to. It's because their "legacy system" *%^&ed up server transfer and they can't.

I fail to see how this is an unfixable problem. Hell I don't even care if my legacy level and name is reset in order for me to switch servers.

I believe the reason there haven't been any server closures isn't because Bioware don't want to. It's because their "legacy system" *%^&ed up server transfer and they can't.

You have no idea how this stuff works right?

They can do whatever they want. They have the means to do it. Technology, man power, money etc but they won't do it because server merge == the game is dying and bad stigma.

People jus reroll on a more populated server. You will have more fun. The game feels like an MMO. Just do it.

wait where are all the people telling us to re-roll now? you really thought we would pick another standard or light server? Of course its natural to pick the heavy server. IF not it kinda defeats the purpose of re rolling to play with more people...

I have made several alts on the fatman and loved every second of it. It actually felt like i was playing an MMO!!! I am waiting for my current guild on my low pop server to die out to make the full transition over. will probably be after i come back from D3 but who knows maybe bioware will have done something by then and it wont be nessisary

I rerolled on the fatman and hated it.

Worst community ever, at least on empire side. Nothing but morons, imbeciles, and children. It was like server-wide barrens chat. I went on the fleet once and every single person at the GTN either had a really idiotic character name, a really idiotic guild name, or both. This coupled with the most inane general chat i've ever seen caused me to say "eff this ess" and I rerolled on Ajunta Pall and have been loving the game ever since.

I'd rather quit the game than go back to fatman.

I play on a server that is rated as Standard pop during peak hours. The population isnt as bad as some others but its low enough to make finding groups difficult.

Normally Im mostly a solo/pvp type of player who enjoys grouping now and again, but Ive been wanting to get more into grouping activities. So Ive been leveling up Healer and Tank alts in order to make myself more appealing to groups.

But playing as a Healer or Tank isnt any fun when I cant even get any groups. I didnt realize how un-fun the game is when you build your character for grouping, and actually want to expierence all of the grouping content but cant due to population woes.

So I rolled a new character on Harbringer, and its very nice to see far more people doing group activities. Most of the time I dont have to try very hard at all to get groups. I just advertise once or twice in General and suddenly I have a full group.

But I cant help but feel that Im starting from scratch since Ive put in so much work on my mains that is on my old server. All the time I spent building up my legacy and crafting is all gone on my new server. All of my progression on my characters suddenly dont mean anything on the new server.

It makes me feel defeated in a way and Im not as happy about re-rolling as I thought I would be.

Im not sure if I'll stick with Harbringer or not. I feel like Im damned of I do and damed if I dont.

I could have made this exact post. My wife and I have eight characters each on a standard server and we just rolled new alts on Harbinger. What a difference. There are tons of people on every planet and you can actually sell something on the GTN. I tried the early level group content (new guy is 14 now) and had a group for all heroics and the 1st fp in no time. I love the feel of having people run around us and watching them play. Our old server just feels dead in comparison. My mouth just dropped when I saw that there were more people in the starting planets on Harbinger during off times than my standard server has in fleet during peak hours.

But as you pointed out the rub is that we have put a lot of time and effort into our characters and have advanced in the legacy system. We will not give them up (especailly our mains). We have or are closing in on level 400 in almost all of the crafting skills and do not have it in us to start over from scratch.

I am not sure what the answer is. Free transfers would result in a few packed servers with the rest totally dead and server mergers have scores of problems with duplicate names. Perhaps BW feels that they can grow out of the problem but the game seems to be at a steady or dropping population rate and if some of the posts on the ptr can be believed some of the changes (nerfs) in 1.2 may cause people to unsub.

Rerollng is not an option, I shouldn't have to restart because they opened with far to many servers. either merge the servers or offer free transfers off of the dead ones and close them up. other wise I'll just play D3 and wait till they get there heads out of there asses

People they've said repeatedly that transfers are coming. Early May, after they test their process on the Australians.

Only question seems at this point is whether or not they will be able to transfer legacies with your characters, or not. It was a sticking point last Stephen Reid mentioned it, if I recall correctly.

People they've said repeatedly that transfers are coming. Early May, after they test their process on the Australians.

Only question seems at this point is whether or not they will be able to transfer legacies with your characters, or not. It was a sticking point last Stephen Reid mentioned it, if I recall correctly.

I was going to edit my post to add this throught but throught I would do it here. The problem with rerolling and transfers is that it will impact the standard to light servers and just about kill them. While my wife and I were on Harbinger this weekend, we were not on Vornskr. That meant two fewer players on Vornskr to play and group with which impacted that standard server. If you have 20 people on a planet and two who would be there are on another server, that is a 10% drop in population which in numbers is small but percentages large.

I would like the free transfers so that that we move our characters to Harbinger, but if we have the free transfers will it kill a number of struggling servers?

You have no idea how this stuff works right?

They can do whatever they want. They have the means to do it. Technology, man power, money etc but they won't do it because server merge == the game is dying and bad stigma.

People jus reroll on a more populated server. You will have more fun. The game feels like an MMO. Just do it.

He forgets Bioware proved they could do it when they moved people to PTS. Now that they haven't done it , it just purely ignoring players. Well now the player solution is to re-roll on the fatman. Maybe once enough of us do it Bioware will decide to finally merge some servers and allow transfers.

I am interested to see what the queues will be there once 1.2 comes out and people log back in to check it out lol..

Anyway I recommend Space Slug to anyone looking for a new server the people are great and it has a decent population. :D

I was going to edit my post to add this throught but throught I would do it here. The problem with rerolling and transfers is that it will impact the standard to light servers and just about kill them. While my wife and I were on Harbinger this weekend, we were not on Vornskr. That meant two fewer players on Vornskr to play and group with which impacted that standard server. If you have 20 people on a planet and two who would be there are on another server, that is a 10% drop in population which in numbers is small but percentages large.

I would like the free transfers so that that we move our characters to Harbinger, but if we have the free transfers will it kill a number of struggling servers?

The first I've heard of it was at PAX. Mergers would be better. I'm willing to come back if and only the transfers are free. I'm not paying them to fix a problem they created.

The goal should be to create a 5 hour queue time on The Fatman. The sheer outrage generated by this should provide sufficient motivation for Bioware to take steps toward rectifying the population imbalance between servers by way of mergers and server closings.

If you like this game as I do, reroll on the fatman and deal with the queue time for awhile. The short term sacrifice is for the long term good.

As a side benefit, it's great fun to listen to the initial population of the Fatman whine in general chat about the immigrant rerolls.

Fun for all!

It's sad that it has to come to this. Shame on you Bioware.

You don't even have to advertise it, it will happen on its own eventually.

Then, instead of crying for mergers, everyone will be crying that the queues are too long, the exact reason we have this issue in the first place.

Moral of the story: People are going to cry, regardless of the situation.

Nah, I'd rather quit than re-roll at this point. Too much time invested into crafting skills across too many characters. Although since this game can be played solo I don;t need other players other than PvP and Flashpoint. Heroics are just a bonus if I can get a group. Typically, I can and I spend alot of time playing outside of primetime. I did have to solo the Black Talon recently, but it wasn't too bad as a lvl 15 sorc.

Reroll any new alts on a busier server and wait for server transfers to bring your old-timers over.