Do not roll an agent if you want to dps: An Operatives tale of Class Imballence

Fallenturtle

before i read that huge blob of text let me ask you a question

what do you go for pvp? if it was lethality.then thank you goodnight,concealment is the spec to go for pvp from what ive looked at

Lol. Was maybe. Conceal has been totally hosed in 1.2.

Not saying lethality is the way to go though. Not sure we actually have a pvp spec now. At least not one that I can see yet.

Edited by CanisAquilus

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done some tests with both concealment and lethality today.. Full rakatta on an operation boss, no biochem stims, all 4 class buffs.. 5 minute fights

I was getting 1033dps as concealment

995 as lethality.

That's pitifully low compared to all the other classes.

Also, being hit for 6k in full battlemaster gear by a heatseeker missile, that's rather BS.

Edited by Fallenturtle

I've done some tests with both concealment and lethality today.. Full rakatta on an operation boss, no biochem stims, all 4 class buffs.. 5 minute fights

995 as lethality.

Also, being hit for 6k in full battlemaster gear by a heatseeker missile, that's rather BS.

Yeah, this is starting to head into the Bioware is blowing smoke up our asses territory, they know full well we are ****ed and are choosing to ignore it. Its patheticly obvious at this point that they are just destorying the class in the hopes to save subs. People ***** about CC's and Stuns and they choose Ops as the scapegoat. "Look.. we fixed the problem!"

On the other hand, my Arsenal Specced Merc is utterly destroying people in PVP in BLUE RECRUIT GEAR at RANGE with a ******** of knockbacks, a good defensive cooldown and a stun to cap it all off. I even raided later, in columi gear designed for a healer (my old spec) and was smashing things for 5-6k with heatseaker, having none of the issues on bossfights that plague melee. What the hell? My full rakata Ops doesn't see numbers anywhere near that, has to deal with stupid fight mechanics that single out melee and Bioware is telling us we are balanced and viable?

Yeah, I call ********.

All i am seeing here is that "waaa... i wanna be able to stunlock and kill an opponent without the chance for the opponent to hit me!"

and

"waaa...i'm not top dps in Ops, i must have been nerfed!"

If you stop asking for the ability to top dps and/or three-shot people, Bioware would take you more seriously.

All i am seeing here is that "waaa... i wanna be able to stunlock and kill an opponent without the chance for the opponent to hit me!"

and

If you stop asking for the ability to top dps and/or three-shot people, Bioware would take you more seriously.

And if you pulled your head out of your *** you wouldn't sound like a complete tool. We are simply stating that at the momment the class is WELL behind other classes damage wise yet required to do twice as much work to achieve what they even can manage.

Or are you going to tell me that a ranged class such as arsenal merc is more complicated to play that a melee based class such as an operative? Remember Princess, I play both. So? Yeah...I didn't *********** think so. Moron.

In fact, we wouldn't even be in this problem is people like YOU hadn't cried all *********** month long about the one or two operatives left on your server that still managed to kill you. You and like minded people spent so much time crying on the forums about us that congrats, you got the least played class nerfed again because it was too difficult for you to face. So congrats, you my dim witted friend are the lowest common denominator and the game has been brought down to your level.

Let me repeat it for you once more, we are the LEAST PLAYED CLASS, and we were already that before 1.2... but hey, nobody mad rushes to the OP classes in MMOs and all those sorcs and bh's that were in your warzones... well ****. People just really like those archetypes.

I have no idea what I was doing before this patch, but on a training dummy with just my own self buff I pulled an average of 1240 as Lethality. With a crit/surge relic active I peaked at around 1550 or so but that dropped rapidly. My dps on multiple characters was significantly lower on FP bosses than the dummies due to stopping and moving around.

Might go back to Concealment just to compare the two.

Edited by chuixupu

and

And this is the kind of backward, uninformed attitude that got the class broken. Thank you for making us all aware of your complete lack of understanding for how our class works.

Tracer Missile forum is that way -------------->

Once we get out DPS logs in 1.2, we'll be able to better formulate our opinions, and thus our suggestions to the game developers. At the moment, they can dismiss what we say based on their internal metrics which we cannot refute. In less than a week, we'll have a true DPS tier list, with full knowledge of every specification's level. Yes, many seasoned players can formulate an opinion based on their instinct, but soon we'll have fact. :)

I agree.

Right now though, I am rolling on my commando and sage alts, as operative is too lackluster now, especially as BS timeout is embarrassing long; they might as well have eliminated the ability all together. I used to enjoy playing sniper and operative, but now, I'm going to just go with the flow and play the OP classes. I hope in the future, beyond just nerfing, they can enhance the poor performing classes and skill trees.

Lol. Was maybe. Conceal has been totally hosed in 1.2.

Not saying lethality is the way to go though. Not sure we actually have a pvp spec now. At least not one that I can see yet.

I concur with those thoughts. There's no PvP spec, especially with time outs that destroy our rotation. We have some top end-gamers in our crew that are re-rolling assassins because of 1.2 changes.

995 as lethality.

I've noticed that with the heatseeker missile. I am not familiar with the other class, but I have been wondering about that ability as I am often the victim of it.