Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with your Consular stuff. Synthweaving and Archaeology are good together for them, But you decline to mention the fact that Diplomacy has just as big a impact on Synthweaving as well. With a dark side Diplomacy rating You can synthweave Dark side armor or light diplomacy you can craft light side armor. Diplomacy itself is great for any armor/weapon crafting class though.

Not sure how Biochem and Diplomacy fit together though...

Last official crew skills graph I have seen looked like this:

http://www.swtorcrewskills.com/images/swtor-craft-chart.jpg

Edited by Meyoname

Nice post so far!

But I do have a question: I am taking Scavenging, Armstech, and Investigation on my Bounty Hunter.

Now with the change in underworld trading is it not better to switch out investigation to underworld trading? I want to give my pistols a nice custom look (+ upgrades?)

Or do I overlook something here, bit confused:confused:?? Hope that someone can shine some light on this:)

The orange schematics are a bit rarer than what else it gives. Besides you can't be sure you will get an orange recipe that you can craft or use.

Best to stick with what you got to be honest.

My question is simple.

What three crew skills make you the most credits? :D

Hard to tell at this moment in time, I will add this to the guide once I see how professions turn out in the long run.

So far It's safe to say that:

1. Crafting skills will take up money eventually

2. There will always be a demand for gathering materials

So far I'm running with Slicing, lockboxes give nice bonus cash and missions for other skills are starting to appear which might sell for a fair amount.

Also using scavenging as its materials are used by three crafting skill. Higher demand means more income.

As for another you can pick what you like. I picked a mission skill though haven't started to level it up yet. Might drop it and pick a crafting skill later on in the game when i have enough credits to supply.

ok i got a question hope it makes sence lol

If i reverse eng a green boots pattern to get a better version is there only 1 blue pattern from the boots or are there different variants of blue patterns from the original green boot pattern ?

i am not talking purple patterns just the green to blue if u could answer this for me there will be many cookies for u ;)

As far as I'm aware and from what I have experienced you will mainly get blue PROTOTYPE schematics. Though maybe I haven't been lucky and I think there is even chance for rarer quality, if this is what you mean ^^.

Sorry, SWTOR newb here. I'm a bit at a loss. I have picked my crew skills at lvl 11 Sith Assassin: Artificer, slicing and treasure hunting; but how do I advance in them?

You can advance them from the crew skills window 'N'. Simply click on one of your crew skills and pick a mission to send your companion on. When your companion returns he will bring the reward. (providing he is successful, if he fails he will return with nothing).

You can also increase your gathering skills around the world. For example, scavenging can be used on some dead robots, Bioanalysis can be used on some dead animals etc.

To increase a crafting skill you first need to acquire the appropriate gathering materials for construction.

Once you have these simply select the item you want to make and your companion will go and craft it. You can stack up to 5 providing you have all materials. You can also keep adding to the queue once an item has completed.

Hope this helps.

Im confused? if you can have 5 companions... couldn't you technically have 15 different crew skills or do they all 5 share the 3 skills that you pick? [If they all share skills then I'll stick with the skills that I have (Synthweaving, Archaelogy, UWT) However, if each companion gets his own set of 3 skills, then I dont want Khem Val as Archaelogy (i would rather him tank) b/c he has +15 artifice which wont benefit me.... Any suggestions??

Thanks!

I have to disagree with your Consular stuff. Synthweaving and Archaeology are good together for them, But you decline to mention the fact that Diplomacy has just as big a impact on Synthweaving as well. With a dark side Diplomacy rating You can synthweave Dark side armor or light diplomacy you can craft light side armor. Diplomacy itself is great for any armor/weapon crafting class though.

Not sure how Biochem and Diplomacy fit together though...

That can't be correct.

Diplomacy is good for biochem because it gives medical supplies and other items used in biochem crafting.

All information regarding crew skills I wrote down from the ingame codex itself. Unless they have changed it, I will have to look into it. As it stands now, diplomacy's main crafting skill is biochem.

Im confused? if you can have 5 companions... couldn't you technically have 15 different crew skills or do they all 5 share the 3 skills that you pick? [If they all share skills then I'll stick with the skills that I have (Synthweaving, Archaelogy, UWT) However, if each companion gets his own set of 3 skills, then I dont want Khem Val as Archaelogy (i would rather him tank) b/c he has +15 artifice which wont benefit me.... Any suggestions??

Thanks!

They aren't your companions skills, they are your own.

Therefore you can only have three at any time.

In other words, your companion is merely a tool to help you progress your skills.

Edited by Goshee

Lol your reply was almost instant! and thanks so much, that helped me a ton! Does this mean that certain companions will get the job done better or f aster (those with stat modifiers , i.e. +10 synth) Also What is the difference in +10 Synth vs +10 crit synth? Some stats have critical before the name Edited by Rhinodino

Lol your reply was almost instant! and thanks so much, that helped me a ton! Does this mean that certain companions will get the job done better or f aster (those with stat modifiers , i.e. +10 synth)

Yes but it's seems to be a pretty trivial amount in fairness.

The main thing influencing the time it takes to complete a crew skill task will be your companions affection towards you.

Reverse Engineering Question

Some call it obsessed, but I prefer completionist. So I love the fact I can get schematics from reverse engineering my already known items. My question is, how do I know when I've got them all? I am currently a synthweaver, and I have figured out there are three blues than can be RE'd from each green, and I have found three Artifact tiers for one of my blues. I'm beginning to see how expensive it will be to get them all, but I'm willing to try. But if there is a rhyme or reason to how many of each tier is possible from each green, then I'd love to see that in table or tree form, or simply stated: x amount of blues from each green, x amount of purples from each blue, and x amount of oranges for each purple. That way I'm not crafting and REing a bunch of pointless items searching for that next schematic that doesn't exist, because I already got them all. I did a search and could not find a thread on this, so if anyone can help, I would be much obliged.

[...]

First, there has never been such a thing as a "official crew skills graph". Secondly, that is not a graph. At best it is a diagram.

Thirdly, that thing is all kinds of wrong.

Edited by Luckmann

Good post ..thanks.

Don't know if someone offered this in a later page, but here are some tips for those just getting started.

- Talk to and cancel with all the trainers right from the start. This will place all thier info in your codex and grants 450xp per trainer.

- When you get to the last one. accept it and talk to them again. This will complete your 'Crew Skills' mission.

- Press 'N' and open the skill. this will show you what bonus's your companion has.

- Look thru the codex and determine which skill's you want, then untrain the skill you chose (or keep it) ..and learn the skills you'vr decided upon.

;)

Edited by Grecanis