Removing companion marriages 1.2? dont!

Nosskire

It say in the upcoming patch 1.2

All companion marriages are now removed appropriately if the marriage ends.

I think this is wrong! seriously?!

I wanna merry my Ashara Zavros on my Sith Assassin, and i have... In my fantasy of the upcoming "Legasy unlock", the married companion wold join up in the legasy family tree as married... and actually wold have a Twilek child to gather or maby have the possibility to unlock a Togrunta race from the mothers side. I wold love to have a Jedi guardian after my sith and Ashara that wold have to experience the roll of father on the dark side and have the journey on the light side.

I sincerely believe it wold be a gr8 possibility for the game.

If the legasy (lvl50) unlocks the companion races who have bin married to a legasy family tree to be able to become additional Species choices for every class as well.

Such as: Togrunta, Cathar, Mandalorian, Twilek & Sarkhai.

Please! Don't ruin my relation with my companion. :(

While I barely understand what the OP is on about - partly due to his unclear post, partly because I've still not got that far yet thanks to crippling altitis, but mostly because my main is a consular and our romance options are slim-to-none - I think he can be reassured by the bit in the 1.2 notes which states:

if the marriage ends[/b].[/i]
Edited by UltimateKrucible

Why am I kinda pleased I don't understand any of this. Whooooosh !! Gaming just got even sillier.

In twenty years it going to go a whole lot further augmented reality virtual reality then you will see people really get emotionally invested in their gaming lives.

it sounds more like they wont make it a possibility any more. :S

In no way does it say that. There is the qualifier if the marriage ends. Reading an entire passage is always a good idea, and here finishing the sentence makes it clear that there is an issue with divorces not always working, and this is a fix.

Bioware have made plenty of odd decisions in this game but don't try and stop them making a clear bug fix to a feature you clearly value, especially as you would seem to be in favour of the actual result not your minds version.

This is what this patch note means:

Take my imperial agent. Say I leveled with Kaliyo and really only got her affection up while leveling. I end up completing Kaliyo's companion quests and marry her. At a later date I decide to buy a ton of gifts and max out Ensign Temple's affection. Progressing through the coversations with her, I end up liking Temple more than I do Kaliyo. At one point in the story I am forced to choose between Kaliyo and Temple, and despite having already married Kaliyo, I choose Temple. I have now Divorced Kaliyo, and complete Temple's romance arc marrying her.

Presently in the game you could be considered in the married state with both Kaliyo and Temple. This patch note fixes it, so you can properly dump one romance option for the other.

I wanna merry my Ashara Zavros on my Sith Assassin, and i have... In my fantasy of the upcoming "Legasy unlock", the married companion wold join up in the legasy family tree as married... and actually wold have a Twilek child to gather or maby have the possibility to unlock a Togrunta race from the mothers side ...
Someone lacks an understanding of the lore. And has a somewhat disturbing method in mind for unlocking new playable species.

Companions do not appear on your family tree, anyway.

According to George Lucas, Jedi Master Ki-Adi Mundi had five wives. Why are we limited to monogamy?

I thought that was because his species has weird birth-rate issues?

Note: I'm not saying plural marriage shouldn't be allowed, just that Mundi's was a lore thing.

I took Jorgan's romance to the end then turned down his marriage proposal, however I still got the follow up quest and emails as if I'd accepted it. Does this mean that in any future story updates I will NOT be married to him, correct? Because this is what I want...

Gulp! maybe this has something to do with me marrying a Mandalorian and not Risha,oh im gonna hate the backlash,War of the Roses would be a God send,i knew i should of bought everything made of plastic.. Edited by Sathid

This is what this patch note means:

Take my imperial agent. Say I leveled with Kaliyo and really only got her affection up while leveling. I end up completing Kaliyo's companion quests and marry her. At a later date I decide to buy a ton of gifts and max out Ensign Temple's affection. Progressing through the coversations with her, I end up liking Temple more than I do Kaliyo. At one point in the story I am forced to choose between Kaliyo and Temple, and despite having already married Kaliyo, I choose Temple. I have now Divorced Kaliyo, and complete Temple's romance arc marrying her.

Presently in the game you could be considered in the married state with both Kaliyo and Temple. This patch note fixes it, so you can properly dump one romance option for the other.

Yah but how do you end one? im currently at full affection and i havent seen that and to be honest it seems Risha was the way to go for me not Akavi,just because i liked her hips more doesnt mean i should not have the chance to dump her and get back with Risha and become a possible ,,,no spoiler.