Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

Vektarulz

KT is a perfect example of that.

Didn't KT simply walk out? I read that she was mad about Lucas just ignoring all her work on the Mando's and making his own version up for his kids show, so she left. Can't blame her really, he's a tad self-obsessed.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't KT simply walk out? I read that she was mad about Lucas just ignoring all her work on the Mando's and making his own version up for his kids show, so she left. Can't blame her really, he's a tad self-obsessed.

She had the option to quit or be fired.

Edited by Aximand

She had the option to quit or be fired.

Still, can't blame her. Lucas should write all the new material himself if he wants everything done how he says it has to be. Overwriting established work is just disrespectful, and says a lot about the kind of man he is :/

Still, can't blame her. Lucas should write all the new material himself if he wants everything done how he says it has to be. Overwriting established work is just disrespectful, and says a lot about the kind of man he is :/

She was making sweeping changes to pre-established Canon, and they got through because she advertised them as "small changes so it makes more sense" in her pitch. She also had a habit of turning in work at the last minute so it couldn't be properly vetted, so that when it was published people at Lucas Arts where going "What the ****?! Where did this come from!?" and other authors had to do a lot of damage control. In fact it took almost the entire Fate of the Jedi series to fix what she had done, and bring it back into G-Canon compliance.

By your standards, she was EXTREMELY disrespectful to her fellow authors.

She wrote over already established Canon. Which in her case is disrespectful.

Edited by BrandonSM

She was making sweeping changes to pre-established Canon, and they got through because she advertised them as "small changes so it makes more sense" in her pitch. She also had a habit of turning in work at the last minute so it couldn't be properly vetted, so that when it was published people at Lucas Arts where going "What the ****?! Where did this come from!?" and other authors had to do a lot of damage control. In fact it took almost the entire Fate of the Jedi series to fix what she had done, and bring it back into G-Canon compliance.

By your standards, she was EXTREMELY disrespectful to her fellow authors.

Ah I didn't know that. I liked her work, but yeah if that's the case she shouldn't have done that. I still think Lucas doesn't care much about Star Wars as a story anymore. The Clone Wars is a kids show, but most fans of the franchise are adults and I've read a lot about people wanting to see more films. Think Lucas needs to step back and let others decide on new material. That way we might see something new that isn't trying to appeal to children :/

Ah I didn't know that. I liked her work, but yeah if that's the case she shouldn't have done that. I still think Lucas doesn't care much about Star Wars as a story anymore. The Clone Wars is a kids show, but most fans of the franchise are adults and I've read a lot about people wanting to see more films. Think Lucas needs to step back and let others decide on new material. That way we might see something new that isn't trying to appeal to children :/

Eh, The Clone Wars appeals to both kids and adults imo. It IS a cartoon, and is a bit kiddie and simplified, but i've seen several episodes that I think contain much more mature themes then the average cartoon. One of the episodes that has Ackbar in it, the Shark-guy antagonist explodes and it shows his body parts floating around, and specifically shows his head, something that I don't think you see in most kiddie shows.

Though I respect the Book from Drew, I didn't like how they got rid of certain people, like the generel( the exile), or t3, ect. The general was a very powerful jedi, and if she was going to be killed off she should have been given a better death a jedi should be given.

The Jedi executed summarily during Order 66 weren't given better deaths. Death doesn't care how you go, so long as you go.

Sorry, Revan isn't anywhere near as cool or powerful as Vader.

Yes, I went there. Happily.

before robo-suit, i could see vader being more powerful(i dont like it at all, but I know its canon, and even though I think its stupid, ill give in.) As for cool though, vaders not cool at all. the only cool thing he has going for him is he has a cool suit that keeps him alive, and he was the first guy we ever saw choking someone with the force. Personally i was never even a fan of his suit either. id take revans armored robe and mask over vaders any day.

As for GL...Jar Jar and the prequals...and the special edition...and now the blue ray edition...and the holiday special...and the clone wars series', and...well, nuff said...

lucas has never cared about the EU. anything that doesnt have to do with his movies/money he doesnt care about. something that does have to do with his movies is ensuring that all of the major characters of the movies are the most powerful to come along in around 25,000 years. all at the same time. quite a coincidence.

Edited by Jedikillar

before robo-suit, i could see vader being more powerful(i dont like it at all, but I know its canon, and even though I think its stupid, ill give in.) As for cool though, vaders not cool at all. the only cool thing he has going for him is he has a cool suit that keeps him alive, and he was the first guy we ever saw choking someone with the force. Personally i was never even a fan of his suit either. id take revans armored robe and mask over vaders any day.

As for GL...Jar Jar and the prequals...and the special edition...and now the blue ray edition...and the holiday special...and the clone wars series', and...well, nuff said...

Vader is the meaning of ****** in the larger Star Wars fanbase, Revan stands no chance in hell in battle with Vader either, no matter which version, he slaughtered PT Jedi by the handful, with ease.

Vader is the meaning of ****** in the larger Star Wars fanbase, Revan stands no chance in hell in battle with Vader either, no matter which version, he slaughtered PT Jedi by the handful, with ease.

Not to mention beating Cin Drallig, master of every lightsaber form, while fighting many other Jedi. Vader, pre-suit and suited, would show Revan what real Force power is.

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, The Clone Wars appeals to both kids and adults imo. It IS a cartoon, and is a bit kiddie and simplified, but i've seen several episodes that I think contain much more mature themes then the average cartoon. One of the episodes that has Ackbar in it, the Shark-guy antagonist explodes and it shows his body parts floating around, and specifically shows his head, something that I don't think you see in most kiddie shows.

I admit it's more of an older kids cartoon. But it's still a kids cartoon. I've watched most of them (as a die-hard Star Wars fan I had to at least give them a chance) and for the most part they make me cringe. I have no problem with the whole cartoon aspect, I just think more time should be dedicated to the older audiences, given how most of the fans are over 18.

A KotOR film, or a film taking place in the LotF/FotJ era, would bring in so much money and appeal to most fans. The EU just has better stories and plot twists than the movies. The Bane books, for instance; you can understand why Bane became who he did. Anakin on the other hand? No logical reason to do most of what he did, including choking his pregnant wife, who he was supposed to be so desperate to save.

The Clone Wars does touch on some interesting things though. I'd like to see more content regarding The Ones, but as long as Lucas is around we're just going to be forced to keep choking on the movie era :/

Meh I can't really argue with you because i know canon wise vader would even in the suit. i still dont have to like it. i think if someone were to redo the original trilogy with han shooting first and with better effects(as in the vader vs obi wan fight would be faster than 2 mph. seriously, irl, as it is now, i could have beaten both of them in a duel. i know its cause of special effects limitations, but thats why i think it should be redone.) And by that, i dont mean redone like the prequal fights because aside from darth mauls fight, those were pretty bad too, just faster.

its not just vader vs revan where i say revan wins, its revan vs yoda, obi wan, luke, sidious, dooku, maul, etc. or meetra vs them, or bane vs them, or our characters in swtor vs them, or hell even some of the npcs in swtor, or even a lot of other EU characters im not thinking of right now. again, yes I know in canon any of them would beat...well, anyone in the EU. I admit that. But I don't have to like it.

I guess its mainly my bias against the movies. i hate anything lucas lays his hands on. He should have made the original trilogy, then let someone else do the prequals, or at least should have left jar jar out of them. then when the movies were over with he should have let the EU be done by others.

• 6 months later...
i bet you'd love this wouldnt you? unfortunately, you cant ignore the Revan Novel, the Darth Bane trilogy AND the established lore in SWTOR.

its set in stone. you're living in meetra surik la la land.

you sound like an angry fan that cant let go.

it has been written. it is set in stone. it IS canon lore. all of it. if you dont like it, go to school and get licensed by lucasfilm to write novels set in the SW universe. until then, you deal with what licensed established and GOOD authors have written.

period. they are better and more qualified than you to make those calls. and who says those writers made those calls individually? you really dont think bioware had anything to do with the direction of those novels? you dont think they had to clear ALL of it through an authority at Lucas film/Lucas arts?

you are naive and obsessed over a fill in character (MEETRA SURIK), it wasnt a one man job, it was the entire Lucas License division.

read up on the Continuity Holocron. its an on going MONITORED database containing all and every change/addin/retconn of the SW universe over at Lucas Film. Nothing gets by without being checked and properly documented. Here, i'll make things easy for you:

Continuity Holocron

that means NOTHING gets by without checking out. the Revan Novel and EVERYTHING ELSE written IS canon, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

so read up.

/thread. . . .AGAIN

So we should not discuss about Starwar at all since "everything is set in stone" ? We can not say anything negative about Starwar since "if you don't like it go write others" ? We can not question anything since "it's mighty Bioware's work !!!" ? All we need to/allowed to do is blindly follow and praise the lord ? Please, think for yourself, atleast one...

Seriously, you sound like you have some ernomous "victory" because the character you admire live while other's die... time to get out more i think...

On topic, I think Meetra is more interesting that Revan also, i also think KOTOR II story is more interesting than KOTOR I. It's not just about a very powerfull/chosen ones character fighting to the top, it's more about the regret / hope / love ( i really do think Meetra loved Revan in some way ) of not only the main character but all of her companions and even enemy - Kreia is the most well written final boss in all RPG i have ever played ( again, IMO )

River, why are you necro-ing all of these threads??? Just start up a new discussion if you want, don't drag ancient threads back into the light.

Sorry for necro-ing but isnt it better to use the existing thread instead of creating a new ones ? and imo there are lot of valuable discussion on this thread to just waste and create another.

Sorry for necro-ing but isnt it better to use the existing thread instead of creating a new ones ? and imo there are lot of valuable discussion on this thread to just waste and create another.

It is against forum policy to 'resurrect' as it were, threads that over three months old.

It is against forum policy to 'resurrect' as it were, threads that over three months old.

Actually, that's not true....

The new forum rules implemented recently pretty much say that if you provide Quality, and decent feedback, still on topic with a thread that has information still useful today, it is OK to Necro.

Besides, who are we kidding, the forum mods dont look at the "Star Wars Discussion" or "Story and Lore" sections anyway.... Be realistic here.

Actually, that's not true....

The new forum rules implemented recently pretty much say that if you provide Quality, and decent feedback, still on topic with a thread that has information still useful today, it is OK to Necro.

Really? sounds to me more like the moderators are saying 'we give up' do what you like.

Really? sounds to me more like the moderators are saying 'we give up' do what you like.

Meh, sort of.

They're very understaffed at the moment, and theyre trying to be more active in the community... Which is good, but the relaxing on the rules pretty much shows that they are overworked..

Still doing a very good job though :)

Thanks devs!

Awww, im joking. You're not reading this.

Meh, sort of.

They're very understaffed at the moment, and theyre trying to be more active in the community... Which is good, but the relaxing on the rules pretty much shows that they are overworked..

Still doing a very good job though :)

Thanks devs!

Awww, im joking. You're not reading this.

Probably explains how my original account got banned indefinitely for a youtube link..

Probably explains how my original account got banned indefinitely for a youtube link..

I'd ask what video... But dont want to get you rebanned XD

While I've got you here, im looking to write a new fanfiction... I had done one previously, about Brianna being haunted by visions of Visas, but i stopped early, due to not having the time, would it work with the Kaggath and the tournaments on the forums or should i wait until they are finished?