More than 50% Sentinels and more than 80% Melees in all games on TOFN

Tenndou

Considering the facts that u designed ranged classes as turrets that have to hard cast and give melees better defensive cds and a lot of gap closers.

How can u make a statement like the performance of all classes is good and equal ( considering u also nerf the wrong ones like commando in 1.2 )

Must be a coincidence that even in my guild the ranged classes level melee alts now, not because ranged classes are that weak in PUGs, but because they r NO FUN. And as soon as u get rated pvp tunnelvision the ranged casters to victory.

How can u give melee classes superior defensive cds, AOE damage AND multiple gap closers is beyond my understanding

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I see ranged...no, not ranged, I see counselors ****** ppl due to their massive amount of sustained damage and endless supply of CC. I understand there is a thing called a resolve bar but it is pure unadultrated BS! I get chain stunned and killed by smugglers and counselors but the counselors just spam that stupid rock thing while the smugglers have to move around and work a bit more....but it is a guaranteed kill for both regardless.

I prefer melee and in most games melee is always designed to suck, no difference here. The only exception is the rogue type classes.

I see ppl getting ***** due to CC and the resolve bar has no bearing on that at all.

When I am in a losing wz it is because the opposing side has about 50% counselors and the remaing force consists of smugglers spamming CC or commmandos spaming heals.

As a powertech I can not kill a healer. Healers have more sustained and burst damage than I do as a tank and my "tank" abilities do NOT exist in pvp.....that is the Crime here!!!

The suck factor all tanks suffer from.

OK, I see ranged...no, not ranged, I see counselors ****** ppl due to their massive amount of sustained damage and endless supply of CC. I understand there is a thing called a resolve bar but it is pure unadultrated BS! I get chain stunned and killed by smugglers and counselors but the counselors just spam that stupid rock thing while the smugglers have to move around and work a bit more....but it is a guaranteed kill for both regardless.

I prefer melee and in most games melee is always designed to suck, no difference here. The only exception is the rogue type classes.

I see ppl getting ***** due to CC and the resolve bar has no bearing on that at all.

When I am in a losing wz it is because the opposing side has about 50% counselors and the remaing force consists of smugglers spamming CC or commmandos spaming heals.

As a powertech I can not kill a healer. Healers have more sustained and burst damage than I do as a tank and my "tank" abilities do NOT exist in pvp.....that is the Crime here!!!

The suck factor all tanks suffer from.

Lol as a powertech you should be slicing through any class like a hot knife through butter.... obviously someone isn't playing the pyrotech spec !

Smugglers are not problem when they use range skills, but when they come with stealth my sniper with 580 expertise lose 70 prc hp with 1 stun rotation.

All melee classes has huge advatage against range.

Consular hit with the aoe rocks 900 per sec, my aoe bullets hit him 400 per sec max.

The sword thorw makes more damage than my ambush.

As a sniper i have no point to go 1 vs 1 against most of melee classes who has equal amount of expertise.

Wow I have now seen it all, players from the 2 most over powered spoon fed classes imp opp and bounty hunter complaining that they are weak in pvp. well ladies you already got the best posible dps in game . maybe you should take some time to learn how to play your class instead of trying to get others nerfed..:csw_trooper:

Considering the facts that u designed ranged classes as turrets that have to hard cast and give melees better defensive cds and a lot of gap closers.

How can u make a statement like the performance of all classes is good and equal ( considering u also nerf the wrong ones like commando in 1.2 )

Must be a coincidence that even in my guild the ranged classes level melee alts now, not because ranged classes are that weak in PUGs, but because they r NO FUN. And as soon as u get rated pvp tunnelvision the ranged casters to victory.

How can u give melee classes superior defensive cds, AOE damage AND multiple gap closers is beyond my understanding

So your grav round got nerfed and your mad?

Melee have a lot of gap closers? That's news to me.

Marauder and Jugg both have 1 with 2 talented.

Operatives Have stealth

Assassins have stealth and sprint with a talented pull.

The amount of gap closers for melee in this game isn't bad at all considering every ranged class has a knock back also.

Also a ranged classes best defense is exactly just that, RANGED. You can do damage to someone and take none if you know how to play. So learn to kite instead of being like LOLDAMAGE while a melee beats you in the face, sometimes you have to sacrifice that big damage to survive and just use your instants to kite a melee.

Edited by Xerain

Melee have a lot of gap closers? That's news to me.

Marauder and Jugg both have 1 with 2 talented.

Operatives Have stealth

Assassins have stealth and sprint with a talented pull.

The amount of gap closers for melee in this game isn't bad at all considering every ranged class has a knock back also.

Also a ranged classes best defense is exactly just that, RANGED. You can do damage to someone and take none if you know how to play. So learn to kite instead of being like LOLDAMAGE while a melee beats you in the face, sometimes you have to sacrifice that big damage to survive and just use your instants to kite a melee.

you can't kite a melee class in this game who's focused on killing you. even in full BM gear i have a tough time surviving the first 3 seconds of an attack by a marauder/sent or an operative/smuggler. a caster can either buy a few seconds and hope help comes, or choose to die running or fighting for the few seconds of life he has left.

but then you already knew that.

Edited by Pokra

you can't kite a melee class in this game who's focused on killing you. even in full BM gear i have a tough time surviving the first 3 seconds of an attack by a marauder/sent or an operative/smuggler. a caster can either buy a few seconds and hope help comes, or choose to die running or fighting for the few seconds of life he has left.

He means "...as long as melee doesn't notice you."

I have multiple characters, both ranged and melee. Unless the ground is flat and there's more than a 2 second stun at the end of a knockback, my ranged is going to die to a melee. Because the knockback isn't far enough to keep him off my butt and eventually his closer will be up again. Rinse and repeat until I'm dead.

If I can pole-hump, I have a chance, particularly if the melee is ADHD and just gives up. There are 3 guys on my server that see my toon and spare no effort to make sure I'm dead every time I engage. They are all melee and, while I'm learning a lot trying to stay alive against them, I am not learning enough to succeed =/

What? no one dies in this game in 3 seconds in a 1v1. Use your tools against them, you have them.

In warzones kite the person into friendly targets to hope for a peel.

Stun and run instead of stunning and just trying to do damage.

Knockback!

Ranged slow?

Cleanse?

don't say you don't have the tools to do it because you do.

He means "...as long as melee doesn't notice you."

I have multiple characters, both ranged and melee. Unless the ground is flat and there's more than a 2 second stun at the end of a knockback, my ranged is going to die to a melee. Because the knockback isn't far enough to keep him off my butt and eventually his closer will be up again. Rinse and repeat until I'm dead.

If I can pole-hump, I have a chance, particularly if the melee is ADHD and just gives up. There are 3 guys on my server that see my toon and spare no effort to make sure I'm dead every time I engage. They are all melee and, while I'm learning a lot trying to stay alive against them, I am not learning enough to succeed =/

Instead of crying for nerfs in stupid threads why don't you guys ask for tips on how to kill classes you have trouble with?

I see a big mix of everything BUT sometimes I do see a certain class stacked in a WZ. I was in one that had 6 Sorcs and 2 Mercenaries (and they wrecked everybody especially melee who try to get close). Big whoop, there aren't really that many classes/subclasses in the game to give the total randomness that would be ideal.

Seems like Sorcs/Sages are overly nervous about the 1.2 patch and there has been a huge influx of sentinels being rolled.

I see a big mix of everything BUT sometimes I do see a certain class stacked in a WZ. I was in one that had 6 Sorcs and 2 Mercenaries (and they wrecked everybody especially melee who try to get close). Big whoop, there aren't really that many classes/subclasses in the game to give the total randomness that would be ideal.

Seems like Sorcs/Sages are overly nervous about the 1.2 patch and there has been a huge influx of sentinels being rolled.

Meh, huge class influxes don't mean much in a game with so few classes.

I've noticed more terribad sents in my warzones lately as well. Most of these guys struggle to break 200k damage on voidstars. They are probably the bads who used to play back peddling sorc/sage and spamtastic merc/mandos.

In my opinion class balance has been improving since launch.

Well if you gave Ranged classes as much defensive's as Melee then they would be OP. Think about it. Melee classes have to suffer through CC's, snares, roots, damage, and obstacles (especially in Hutball) just to GET to that ranged class. Can you imagine if after all that they were slashing at bricks?

You have knockbacks. You have CC's. Use them when you're in melee range not before they get there. You can complain about closers, like the Assassin/Shadow pull but thats DEEP in the TANK spec, a spec that has horrible damage output (compared to other melee classes and the dps specs).

I constantly get outplayed by ranged classes, especially in Hutball. I have to run around to get up on a ledge just to get knocked back by one person or another. Once Im on the ground Im at the mercy of all those bullets. I just have to run away sometimes.

There's balance issues all over the place.

Lol as a powertech you should be slicing through any class like a hot knife through butter.... obviously someone isn't playing the pyrotech spec !

We already concluded his lack of skill in another thread lol but agree 100%...

We demand proofs. Proofs that it is your main and not an alt.

Until then your argument is invalid, sir.

i couldnt care less what u demand

me and my guild we are looking forward to rated warzones ALOT and i want it to be a good experience and i want it to be BALANCED and not a melee zerg fest which the current metagame indicates

we are running a fight club with 4v4 / 8v8 on TOFN and there is only 1 or 2 teams that have 1 ranged class also

tunnelvisioning a ranged class results in the ranged class not doing ANY dmg at all its like playing with 1 guy less while a melee class actually can continue to dps

Hard casting ranged classes in a game with so many interrupts = melee game atleast when u play with ppl who actually know what they are doing

and tbh im not saying increase damage of ranged i am saying give ranged a little bit more UPTIME for doing damage

Edited by Tenndou

i couldnt care less what u demand

me and my guild we are looking forward to rated warzones ALOT and i want it to be a good experience and i want it to be BALANCED and not a melee zerg fest which the current metagame indicates

we are running a fight club with 4v4 / 8v8 on TOFN and there is only 1 or 2 teams that have 1 ranged class also

tunnelvisioning a ranged class results in the ranged class not doing ANY dmg at all its like playing with 1 guy less while a melee class actually can continue to dps

Hard casting ranged classes in a game with so many interrupts = melee game atleast when u play with ppl who actually know what they are doing

and tbh im not saying increase damage of ranged i am saying give ranged a little bit more UPTIME for doing damage

At least the interrupts in this game are unlike those in other games that lock you out from all skills for X time. Now you simply cant use 1 skill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.