Warzone: Novare Coast

CourtneyWoods

Okay great another trailer, can you please stop teasing us with footage from 1.2 and send it to the live servers? surely it must be ready by now.

Edit: this warzone looks absolutely amazing as well, I can't wait to play it :)

Edited by BenjaminminU

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for an MMO to come out with a very straightforward PvP setting. Slaughter count warzone would be so good. First team to 50 kills wins. The beauty of the plan is it's simplicity, dude.

still waiting because that doesnt work for an mmo since you get credit for killing someone by just doing damage. 50 kills per team would be over in like 1 min. and classes without a lot of AOE will be at a disadvantage. objective based games are much better.

still waiting because that doesnt work for an mmo since you get credit for killing someone by just doing damage. 50 kills per team would be over in like 1 min. and classes without a lot of AOE will be at a disadvantage. objective based games are much better.

Just cap the number of respawns to 50, then it's last team standing. Put something in the middle (NPC trackers, turrets that decrease the number of spawns, etc) that forces the teams to fight so it doesn't turn into hide and seek.

Looks freaking awesome, now we just need another voidstar gametype map and another huttball map, update civil war to the novaware style (tug of war elements) and Ill be set for another 4 months :D

I'm so glad this is in. Alderran speeders are still extremely buggy even after countless patches I will be extremely happy to play a domination gametype where I just respawn normally instead of having to hope a speeder spawns correctly and it doesn't glitch when I try to ride it down to the battlefield.

TBH I still don't get why they insist on having the speeder system at all when it is extremely flawed, they just should institute different spawn points or have different exits like they are doing in Novare Coast. Hopefully the warzone turns out to play as well as the concept sounds.

alderaan civil war with different capture mechanics?

k

rip swtor

Wait so your realy complaining about a new pvp warzone that has a capture the flag and hold method becuase its similar to another wz, ye dont work sorry sunny jim.

Just happens tobe another mmo out there that had a total of 3 wz's for along time and yet survived, they added a new one that was similar but a different map and look where that mmo is today. can you guess which one it is yet.

So, I was lucky enough to join in on a round of Novare Coast at PAX East. I'll go through the map with you. One thing to note; I was Republic, so I don't know exactly about how it goes for the Empire. You start out in a base, on a catwalk. You jump down, land on an elevator, and jump to the ground. From there you leave and head out into the main part of the map. It's the biggest Warzone I have seen; lots of open space and hills, making it perfect for Imperial Agent Snipers. Think of a forest; that's what the map is, really. The objectives are in small shacks, and are a source of conflict. During our match, most people would camp at the objectives that they already owned; not many went over to attack the others. I saw a good 3+ people at one of their own objectives. Snipers have the advantage, the hills and trees provide great cover and perfect places to launch an attack at. The round, altogether, took a good 30 minutes. This tells me that it takes a long time to complete the objectives, and this is absolutely awesome. A couple more Codex's were added, too. Sadly I did not get a video, but I saw someone else did. Look around for it on Youtube, I'm sure it will pop up somewhere. Let's talk about how it is for Jedi/anyone who uses a lightsaber. Close range interactions will happen alot. Your best friend here would be the Force Leap, as many people don't notice eachother with the numerous amounts of cover. You'll know where the action is once you begin because there are tons of people camping at their objectives, so always be prepared. And for Snipers, cover is your best friend here, and the element of surprise. I say it was my favorite Warzone. Hands down. Edited by CommanderJek

I leave for USMC bootcamp in 6 weeks time. I would love to play this before then, that is of course if BW gets off its *** and gives us a damn date. ~_~

Then get on the PTS and try it out. Everyone is invited.

just 1 map in all this time not much to honst there sould be like 6 put in new just a wast time.

im tierd playing buttball a 100 times and some times voidstar agiant the republic. they really need focus one pvp wz

Edited by adanali_umut

Great job guys !! more of this and we're good ! It would be great if we would have a battlefield 3 game a like somewhere in the future with more players and more Capture the flag stuff or offense defense games like attacking a fort or defending it etc... !! but this is a good start and seems to have a style like bf3 !!

just 1 map in all this time not much to honst there sould be like 6 put in new just a wast time.

im tierd playing buttball a 100 times and some times voidstar agiant the republic. they really need focus one pvp wz

so 1 map per month u ask ! wow, if you have such productivity at your own work then there would be no more economic problems in the world.

Hopefully it replaces huttball, because it blows. So tired of HB, but love the rest. Thanks!

hopefully its just added to the mix, that way we can still play one of the better pvp maps/gametypes. ;)