Mvp Voting

whilom

I would love to see Mvp voting in pvp changed. I want the other team to vote for who gets the awards. make it so you can not exit without voting so that way we can overcome the I won't give my enemy valor ideas but they know who truly was the mvp

This will end the I am going to vote for my buddy instead of that guy with 100k damage and 200k defense. Mvp would mean something as it would show the respect of your vanquished enemies

Let's make BioWare implement a function where you can brainwash people to vote for you.

Seriously why do you even care. Don't tell me what to do. I will vote for whoever I want or rather on who made a good impression on me(tossed the ball, capped objective, planted a sneaky bomb). Who cares about the numbers on scoreboard? You can even have the double numbers and I will not vote for you, because I didn't notice you doing something special.

EDIT:

Oh and I agree with previous poster... why would I want vote on enemies? :rolleyes:

Edited by MelodicSixNine

mvp voting in every sports league is done this way. The other team votes for who they had the hardest time with and who caused them to lose because they are focused on our team more than we are

MVP voting is a joke anyway. I don't know how many times I've been at the top of the leaderboard with a decent amount of dmgs for a tank and the only one with any protects. Plus the highest objective score, and not one single vote lol.

You could just get rid of MVP votes all together as far as I'm concerned.

MVP voting is a joke anyway. I don't know how many times I've been at the top of the leaderboard with a decent amount of dmgs for a tank and the only one with any protects. Plus the highest objective score, and not one single vote lol.

Agreed.

In a MMO PVP environment, words like "Honor", "Etiquette", "Sportsmanship" etc mean nothing to about 90% of the population, in my opinion. If an enemy player dominates your team, and your team gets to vote for the enemy's MVPs, 99% of the time the votes would go to random people or to the least threatening opponent, out of spite or simply due to the fact that people do not want to make their most powerful enemy even more powerful by awarding him extra Commendations/Valor points.

Even the current system where people are likely to give MVP points to their buddies or to the person who needs Valor/Commendations to rank up or buy gear, is better than the above scenario.

Edited by KaL_InvictuS

I know what you mean there: (in voidstar) top dmg, top kills, planted two of the three bombs, expanded the bridge. not one vote:(

I wont vote Mvp in a WZ unless it a guild member why because of the attitude i deserve your mvp vote cause i was leader of the board. Just because you did more damage then the guy below you does not mean you deserve any thing it just means you have more gear.

My vote is they remove Mvp all together and we just pvp there your fix.

Get the best scoreboard metrics and don't get a vote?

Here may be a couple of reasons:

1. You are a wz rager. Use the term noob, baddies, or yell at the team, no vote for you.
  2. You are not with guildies (guildies will vote for guildies to help pvp progression)
  3. You are not a healer (have to keep the healers happy)
  4. You are not a tank with high protection (if there are no healers, this guy may have saved you)
  5. People don't like you. It's personal.

I only vote if it is something that shows it needs a vote. For example, if we are down 2/1 on turrets and someone solo caps a turret early in the game, I give a vote for that if we win.

Or if I see a huge amount of healing on myself again for example there have been alot of matches were I was almost dead just to be brought back to full HP, I give a healer a vote for that.

I really just vote for someone on our team who sticks out and half of the time its no one even if we steamroll the other team, there is really no MVP

I think you should be able to vote for both an enemy and a friendly.

I really have nothing against the folks I play against and would love to reward the enemies that made the game really really hard!

Seriously, I like the OP's idea outside the forcing to vote thing.

I've begun switching to general to say gg to the imps when they play hard and there are no cheats.

Sportsmanship is so oldskool... get some class.

Edited by VoidJustice

Everyone seems to be concerned with Damage. Did I miss something about Damage winning a WZ? No. Damage has nothing to do with winning a WZ, neither do kills. If I give out a vote, it will be to someone who helped us get the win, or at least tried. I'm also not saying that healing and protection aren't important, but big heal/prot numbers also don't win matches. It's a combination of of stats plus tactics. Well timed CCs and knockbacks are what make a difference. Oh, I also don't care that you earned 10 medals.

TL;DR

Good strategy will always outweigh damage/kills/healing/protection.

Personally, I like the idea of voting for the opposing team. It just makes more sense to do it this way in my mind. I was actually surprised to see that we vote for our own teammates the first time I ran a WZ. It doesn't make much sense to do it that way, but what can you do?

If they changed it now, the forums would flood with the tears of whiny ragers. Best we could hope for would be for them to add the option to vote for the opposing team without removing the option to vote for our guildies .... er..... I mean teammates.

Edited by belialle

I wont vote Mvp in a WZ unless it a guild member why because of the attitude i deserve your mvp vote cause i was leader of the board. Just because you did more damage then the guy below you does not mean you deserve any thing it just means you have more gear.

My vote is they remove Mvp all together and we just pvp there your fix.

I have to disagree, gear has nothing to do with it, its all about skill. People use gear too much as a crutch for bad players. If some random person did awesome in a WZ, I don't care what gear or guild he is in, if he was a good team player then he gets my vote. Thats how the system should be used, its people with your attitude that break the system.

Agreed.

vote is a joke because nobody can know exactly what other people are doing and how they are playing if u are playing urself

it's obvious that you are sobjective and not objective if u are primerly involved in the action

this said it's a "fun" joke it doesn't need to be taken so seriously and it give such a small advantage/prize

people care about it too much is like after a match in the changing room when u tell one of ur mate you have played well today you dont say it to everybody and nobody feel bad beause u said it to just him

people on here that whine "i was the top damamge bla bla bla" just need to cool down and take it for what it is "a game"

and honestly speaking people that do not vote are just grumphy people it cost nothing to be nice toward on of the player that played with you no need to be 100% sure he was the best but good God can't you all just be nice in a vidoegame

"i dont have to vote" of course u dont but that just super lame

quoting ferris bueller

"Pardon my French, but you are so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ***, in two weeks you'd have a diamond."

Edited by Pekish

MVP voting is just silly... It gets you what? Like one commendation and a couple points of valor? I don't know but it isn't much.

Just last night in a WZ, I finished with top damage, top healing, top objective score, most medals, and both scores in a 2-2 huttball game. Not one single MVP vote - pretty lame... But the thing is - I didn't even miss out on anything except for some "popularity" - who cares, just get rid of it all together.

Yeah I have had some high heal games with little or no votes, then an ordinary game with less heals for whatever reason, but must have had people that like to thank healers and thus got more votes.

Premades are a problem when it comes to MVP votes, voting for your friends or guild mates whether it was deserved or not and does reduce the value of the MVP idea, even in some premades I did this happened ( mostly solo queued though ), however as a healer, when I was guarded by someone outside the premade, I did give them the vote most times, it's wrong to do otherwise.

I can see how having the other side do the voting would at least stop voting amongst friends and guilds, those that are guilty of this though won't like this change.

Edited by LillyWhiteS

MVP votes aren't even that great. Stats don't merit anything. Just because healing a lot DOESN'T ALWAYS count for meaningful healing, that doesn't mean meaningful CAN'T have high numbers. The same can be said for damage. In all warzones, the objectives can be capped solo if possible, but objective points are only awarded to those whom defend/play their role near the objective.

In my experience, when the team is defending a node whilst 1 ally is capping it, that 1 out of 6 defenders stands out less than that vanguard who peeled and distracted the team so I could ninja cap

TL;DR: Stats don't merit usefulness to the objective (More than usually, the contrary is true), and players should be able to vote for whom they please. They are voting on who they think are the most valuable. And yes most of the time that means most valuable to them, not just to the team.