The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When the Aussies get to transfer and we don't, what will your reaction be?

Shadow-Fire

I'm just curious here of what the overall community reactions is going to be when the Australians and everyone else that qualifies gets to transfer over to the oceanic servers, but the rest of us don't get to transfer off low pop servers.

I for one will be a bit annoyed by it, even given I left my low pop server to come over to The Harbringer to play with my wow guildies, but really want my lvl 50 smuggler over here now. So gang what's your reaction going to be?

(Edited title, happy now?)

Edited by Shadow-Fire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My reaction will be that "we had servers and they didn't, so now we're even" as well as "good work, BioWare." It is quite nice of them to support players that weren't "supposed" to be playing the game anyway.

As long as the transfers go smoothly, I'll also be excited for the rest of us to get transfers shortly afterwards. You can consider the Australians the guinea pigs.

I left a 50 Sent behind because the server pop was really hurting my gameplay. Went to the Swiftsure and I'm really enjoying the game again. I would LOVE to bring my level 50 over here. I also have quite a few mid 20's characters that I would like to transfer instead of leveling up new ones because frankly the low level planets get very boring once you've went through them a few times!

I don't have a problem with the Aussies getting it first though because the distance there really has to put them at a disadvantage connection wise, where we are just having issues population wise, which I think is a bit of a lesser issue, still an issue none the less. I would really like to see transfers soon but it will probably be a while out yet :(

So? Big deal?

Why is it that we must get everything first? I couldn't care less about who gets transfers as long as i get mine.

No one said we should get it first. But according to what I recall from the guild summit, the rest of us are not getting transfers any time soon. Honestly I've no prob with the aussies and the rest getting to transfer, I just think that if they have it worked out to allow them to transfer the rest of us should get to as well.

No reaction.

The Aussies got the original shaft.

Actually to further add:

That's like a guy gets punched in the face, gets his nose broken. Then after he gets treatment for it someone in the background yells "Where's my treatment?!"

I'm just curious here of what the overall community reactions is going to be when the Australians and everyone else that qualifies gets to transfer over to the oceanic servers, but the rest of us don't get to transfer off low pop servers.

I for one will be a bit annoyed by it, even given I left my low pop server to come over to The Harbringer to play with my wow guildies, but really want my lvl 50 smuggler over here now. So gang what's your reaction going to be?

(Edited title, happy now?)

The game is 4 months old. They aren't going to merge servers as they are gaining subscriptions. In addition, Aussies need oceanic servers and transfers. The people on low pop servers do not need transfers, they need to get together as a community and devise ways to make their server more attractive.

The game is 4 months old. They aren't going to merge servers as they are gaining subscriptions. In addition, Aussies need oceanic servers and transfers. The people on low pop servers do not need transfers, they need to get together as a community and devise ways to make their server more attractive.

no one said anything about server mergers. And once again I've no issues at all with the aussies getting transfers. Matter of fact I'm all for it! I just want the rest of us to be able to transfer as well.

TLDR: Aussie Trasfers GOOD, rest of us not being able to transfer BAD

i'll be holding my breath, waiting to hear how well it worked. then waiting in anticipaion for the time when the rest of us can use it. i won't personally use it, i like where i am. i just can't wait for the whiners to get the transfers and leave the boards alone.

Lets be honest - we will lose legacy when combinging new and old characters on one server. We may lose bank items, bag items, mail items, auctions items - we may for an unspecified time lose characters entirely. None of this will be on purpose or by design but it can still happen. It has all happened in other games that introduced transfers that were not part of the original release.

We are guinea pigs for a system that will - within a short duration - be working perfectly for you.

I'll get right on that. About to post something awesome on my server forum. Oh wait...

I'll get right on that. About to post something awesome on my server forum. Oh wait...

Ah, you get it! The point is that BioWare/EA does nothing to encourage community. Server forums are crucial in that regard. But I digress as it is off topic.

I say good on the Aussies, they needed the servers/transfers more than the NA population who have dozens of options including to reroll on a more populated server.