Dirty Kick needs to stun someone for a minute

hulkweazel

It's a kick to the groin. There's no way the target is perfectly fine after 4 seconds. 60 seconds would be much more realistic, maybe even a 5 minute stun.

It averages out. Droids ougght not to be affected at all, and most alien creatures probably don't even have goolies to be jangled.

That, and if DK stunned someone for a minute or 5, your blaster would actually be a Nerf gun, once the QQ had subsided.

It's a kick to the groin. There's no way the target is perfectly fine after 4 seconds. 60 seconds would be much more realistic, maybe even a 5 minute stun.

Yeah? Why not 15mins?

You missed the date on a calendar. 01.04 was 3 days ago.

if dirty kick is to last for a full 60sec then combat should break it. currently you can contune to shoot your target for that full 4 secs. if 4 sec becomes 60sec, thats 60 sec where your target cant heal or attack(but you can). that makes for a very overpowered smuggler

I know right? And Lightsabers should be more realistic too. If you get hit with one you should permanently lose a limb.

if dirty kick is to last for a full 60sec then combat should break it. currently you can contune to shoot your target for that full 4 secs. if 4 sec becomes 60sec, thats 60 sec where your target cant heal or attack(but you can). that makes for a very overpowered smuggler
Actually you got it wrong. If you hit someone while they are down from Dirty Kick it should do more damage, since they can't defend themselves during that time.

I think 60 secs is a bit to long, maybe 15 secs...

Although brings up a good point, as a smuggler we get the shaft when it comes to CC...

1) We only get a 8 sec Flash Grenade (longest cc we have against other players, while other players get CC that lasts a lot longer)

2) Our 60 sec CC only works on droids (other classes long CC's work on both droids and humanoids)

3) Our Groin kick is melee range which is worthless to a gunslinger who is fighting from a distance

4) In order to use our interrupt we have to exit cover

5) Our knock back requires we first go into cover which can take a second or two by then the player running at us in huttball has passed us by before we can get our knock back off

6) were extremely squishy more so then cloth wearers

I could understand these limitations if were were the best DPS in the game, but were not Sorc's can easily beat a gunslinger in DPS without all the restrictions we have... Either we should be made equal to other classes or increase are DPS to make up for a our shortcomings.

Edited by Monoth

Although brings up a good point, as a smuggler we get the shaft when it comes to CC...

5) Our knock back requires we first go into cover which can take a second or two by then the player running at us in huttball has passed us by before we can get our knock back off

You lucky SOBs actually get a knockback?!?

I guess scoundrels get the pseudo decent stealth CC which is tranquilizer, it has several caveats on it's use though as well.

No way. People are not fine after they get kicked to the groin after 15 seconds.

And how about when Impaled with a lightsaber? Or having a vibroblade stuck in their chest? Or being lit on fire with a flamethrower? Or being smashed in the face with an astromech droid? Or being hit by lightning? Or...hopefully you get the idea by now.

If you're looking for realism you're looking in the wrong place. Especially in Dirty kick. The duration of the stun is nothing in comparison to it working on men, women and droids equally.

To all the people that are taking this thread so seriously: Stop it. Stop it right now.

Dirty kick should also slow someone for a good period of time, because NOBODY is up and running around after getting a swift one to the happy sacks.

To all the people that are taking this thread so seriously: Stop it. Stop it right now.

Dirty kick should also slow someone for a good period of time, because NOBODY is up and running around after getting a swift one to the happy sacks.

Actually the only thing on this thread I agree with. Maybe a 5 sec snare?

Oh and as an aside? Dirty kick in real life works just as well on women as men. Trust me.

Edited by Tetrablade

Actually the only thing on this thread I agree with. Maybe a 5 sec snare?

Oh and as an aside? Dirty kick in real life works just as well on women as men. Trust me.

I don't dispute that women are sensitive to injuries to that area, but please tell me you are not saying this because you ran around to test it out. :D

1) We only get a 8 sec Flash Grenade (longest cc we have against other players, while other players get CC that lasts a lot longer)

Flash grenade is also AoE, meaning it can affect more than one target. Neither my Commando nor my Shadow can AoE mez. Also, you said "as a Smuggler." Scoundrels are also Smugglers, and we have a 60 second mez that works on humanoids as well as the aforementioned Flash Grenade.

2) Our 60 sec CC only works on droids (other classes long CC's work on both droids and humanoids)

The Smuggler's droid mez is also a 30 meter range and can be cast in combat, so you can remez a droid. On the other hand, my Shadow's mez only works on humanoids, has a 10 meter range, must be cast from stealth, and does not work on targets in combat.

Again, my Scoundrel is a Smuggler, so he has the 60 second mez that works on droids, can be cast in combat, and has a 30 meter range. But he also has a mez that has a 10 meter range, can only be cast from stealth, only works on humanoids, and cannot be cast on targets in combat. However, used correctly, my Scoundrel can not only mez both humanoids and droids, he can mez one of each, having two targets mezzed for 60 seconds at the same time, and while he has the same restrictions on humanoid tagets that my Shadow does, he can remez a droid target during combat.

3) Our Groin kick is melee range which is worthless to a gunslinger who is fighting from a distance

Just because you can fight from distance doesn't mean you have to or that targets will not close that distance. It is not worthless. And, again, Gunslingers are not the only Smugglers. My Scoundrel uses Dirty Kick all the time.

4) In order to use our interrupt we have to exit cover

Neither my Commando nor my Shadow have cover, and my Commando does not have an interrupt at all.

On the other hand, when fighting Garg in EV and he does his knock back, my Shadow has to run back from across the platform to get back him to continue fighting. The spot he has to run back from is about the same spot that I have to run through lava to get back to when I am doing that same fight on my Trooper. Ironically, that is about the same spot a Gunslinger with us sits in cover unaffected by the knockback.

6) were extremely squishy more so then cloth wearers

More squishy than a Kinetic Shadow (tank spec) or a healing spec'd Sage, but a Gunslinger is not more squishy than a DPS spec'd cloth wearer. A Sawbones would be less squishy as well.

I could understand these limitations if were were the best DPS in the game, but were not Sorc's can easily beat a gunslinger in DPS without all the restrictions we have... Either we should be made equal to other classes or increase are DPS to make up for a our shortcomings.

I don't agree with your assumption that Smugglers are under powered. You have cherry picked weaknesses and generalized and, therefore, overstated the strengths of other classes. Thus, I cannot agree with your conclusion.

Edited by Sotaudi

On a serious note and discussing RL, "dirty kick" is an excellent self-defense strategy against either gender.

In game, I prefer to think that all the targets wear groin armor, and that even in spite of that a kick to the groin hurts enough to make them be winded for a few seconds, but not as much as the paralyzing shock of feeling their ********s get crushed (that can kill a guy right there, btw.)

I don't dispute that women are sensitive to injuries to that area, but please tell me you are not saying this because you ran around to test it out. :D

Nope, but as a kid I had a guy try it on me. So I can personally vouch that it works. >.<

Flash grenade is also AoE, meaning it can affect more than one target. Neither my Commando nor my Shadow can AoE mez. Also, you said "as a Smuggler." Scoundrels are also Smugglers, and we have a 60 second mez that works on humanoids as well as the aforementioned Flash Grenade.

The Smuggler's droid mez is also a 30 meter range and can be cast in combat, so you can remez a droid. On the other hand, my Shadow's mez only works on humanoids, has a 10 meter range, must be cast from stealth, and does not work on targets in combat.

Again, my Scoundrel is a Smuggler, so he has the 60 second mez that works on droids, can be cast in combat, and has a 30 meter range. But he also has a mez that has a 10 meter range, can only be cast from stealth, only works on humanoids, and cannot be cast on targets in combat. However, used correctly, my Scoundrel can not only mez both humanoids and droids, he can mez one of each, having two targets mezzed for 60 seconds at the same time, and while he has the same restrictions on humanoid tagets that my Shadow does, he can remez a droid target during combat.

Just because you can fight from distance doesn't mean you have to or that targets will not close that distance. It is not worthless. And, again, Gunslingers are not the only Smugglers. My Scoundrel uses Dirty Kick all the time.

Neither my Commando nor my Shadow have cover, and my Commando does not have an interrupt at all.

On the other hand, when fighting Garg in EV and he does his knock back, my Shadow has to run back from across the platform to get back him to continue fighting. The spot he has to run back from is about the same spot that I have to run through lava to get back to when I am doing that same fight on my Trooper. Ironically, that is about the same spot a Gunslinger with us sits in cover unaffected by the knockback.

More squishy than a Kinetic Shadow (tank spec) or a healing spec'd Sage, but a Gunslinger is not more squishy than a DPS spec'd cloth wearer. A Sawbones would be less squishy as well.

I don't agree with your assumption that Smugglers are under powered. You have cherry picked weaknesses and generalized and, therefore, overstated the strengths of other classes. Thus, I cannot agree with your conclusion.

Gunslingers are way more squishy then a DPS spec cloth wearer, mainly because they can go hybrid and use some of the tank skills to improve there survivability, something a pure DPS spec Can't Do...

The weaknesses on the Gunslinger would be fine if we did the most DPS in the game, but we don't.... that honor goes to the Inquisitor class with BH close second and btw are both hybrid classes, a pure dps class should do more damage period......

Maybe you don't have a interupt but you have more CC then a gunslinger which acts like an interupt not to mention going invis on the fly...