New Huttball Arenas

PuppetMastor

Hello! First off I know that some people are sick of huttball and that there is a new warzone coming out and that void star will be available same faction. However, I love huttball! It's fun and goofy. It reminds me of monday night combat and team fortress 2. I would love to see new arenas. Maybe one on Hutta, Nar Shaddaa, and Tatooine. Each with a different layout and different traps. Possibly different team names? Different comedic commercials? I have talked to a few people and they seemed to really like this idea. Thank you for your consideration. Bump if you like this idea!

Hello! First off I know that some people are sick of huttball and that there is a new warzone coming out and that void star will be available same faction. However, I love huttball! It's fun and goofy. It reminds me of monday night combat and team fortress 2. I would love to see new arenas. Maybe one on Hutta, Nar Shaddaa, and Tatooine. Each with a different layout and different traps. Possibly different team names? Different comedic commercials? I have talked to a few people and they seemed to really like this idea. Thank you for your consideration. Bump if you like this idea!

LOVE IT!

The Hutta and Tatooine one would be great. Isn't the current Huttball arena on Nar Shadaa anyway? I know for sure that if they scraped up another 4 or 5 arenas with different layouts or set ups, I wouldn't mind. They could keep the same voice files too, since we can assume Giradda the Hutt wants his huttball entertainment anywhere he goes and that he brings his translator and Baron with him as well.

I think it could work and would be interesting. The only world I would want to add to that is a watery planet where we could see some sunny weather and watery shores or something.

Yeah I think this would be a lot easier to implement then some of the other changes I've seen suggested here. I should've titled it something more dramatic like BIOWARE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! Those seem to get a lot more views and bumps lmao.

This idea has my support =)

Huttbal is a great and innovative team PvP mode, with its greatest drawback being that the arena has gotten somewhat stale, especially on Empire - dominated servers.

Would be great to have some variety in the maps, while preserving the same mode of play.

Sounds like a great idea to me. And instead of just ramps, could make it a combo of bridges, shifting paths, gusts of air randomly shooting out of a wall to push people off a path, etc... I could see a bunch of new ideas for a new hut ball arena. As well as something to make a different set of classes useful. Maybe even throw up some walls to prevent jumping to certain areas, or a random wall generator. Idk, any more ideas?

I'm liking all these ideas. I was thinking we could add Coruscant to the list and maybe Dromund Kaas? Maybe a craftable huttball for friendly fire pick up games in open world pvp areas? I mean eventually with ranked warzones maybe you could make your own team? I mean that would be a ways off. I love the idea of gusts of air, kind of like the launchers currently in the pit only horizontal? Also I was thinking maybe a tunnel with the force fields in episode I where obi-wan is trapped and forced to watch qui gon jinn get cut down while he is helplessly trapped? Also eventually down the road if they let you make your own huttball team for ranked warzones, I'd like to see a system to be able to bet on teams! Gambling is a huge part of the star wars universe! Whether it's huttball, swoop racing, pod racing, pazzaak, etc etc.

I'm liking all these ideas. I was thinking we could add Coruscant to the list and maybe Dromund Kaas? Maybe a craftable huttball for friendly fire pick up games in open world pvp areas? I mean eventually with ranked warzones maybe you could make your own team? I mean that would be a ways off. I love the idea of gusts of air, kind of like the launchers currently in the pit only horizontal? Also I was thinking maybe a tunnel with the force fields in episode I where obi-wan is trapped and forced to watch qui gon jinn get cut down while he is helplessly trapped? Also eventually down the road if they let you make your own huttball team for ranked warzones, I'd like to see a system to be able to bet on teams! Gambling is a huge part of the star wars universe! Whether it's huttball, swoop racing, pod racing, pazzaak, etc etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking with the gust of air. And I like the idea of the tunnel field. It can be a timed mechanism like the fire pits and keep people trapped for a few seconds, maybe even in a box on certain areas of a map.

This is a great idea!

How about a Huttball league, with Multiple teams, that we can bet on in the cantinas while we watch on big screens.

Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

That was a great idea OP!

More Huttball arenas please. Also give us Huttballs to play with while not in warzones so the imperial side can be enlightened on its magical qualities.

This would be cool too. I'm all for any interactive pets that players can "play" with together outside of ops, warfronts, etc.

Edited by Sparklehorse

This is a great idea!

How about a Huttball league, with Multiple teams, that we can bet on in the cantinas while we watch on big screens.

Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

That was a great idea OP!

This would be cool too. I'm all for any interactive pets that players can "play" with together outside of ops, warfronts, etc.

That is a great idea! I'm not sure if its functional or not but that would give people a reason to hang out in the cantinas at least! If they did do a ranked Huttball League it would add some excitement to pvp in my opinion! They would need a good prize for the champions. Something that is purely social status like superbowl rings and maybe some credits lol.

I would love huttball.

Small platforms you can not force push people off.

You can take narrow bridges (you can force push people off) or you can take random air jets which throw you on any of the connecting platforms to reach the goal.

The platforms could be in the air above clouds and made out of marble pillars.

Edited by illgot

/signed

It certainly makes things more interesting. Although it is called Huttball and should remain in Hutt space. So no Huttball on Coruscant or such planets if you ask me :)

Edited by Gokkus

• 5 weeks later...