How do I spot Healers?

SRHornby

I've been tearing my hair out over healers in PVP.

I know which classes can become healers..

However..what are the tell tale signs I need to keep and eye out for in PVP to be able to tell at a glance who is a healer.

I know the annoying bounty hunter with one pistol is a healer..but what are the other tell tale signs?

Sorry for asking what is probably an extremely annoying question..but its driving me insane..tabbing between targets who just seem to constantly be topping up their HP

However..what are the tell tale signs I need to keep and eye out for in PVP to be able to tell at a glance who is a healer.

I know the annoying bounty hunter with one pistol is a healer..but what are the other tell tale signs?

Sorry for asking what is probably an extremely annoying question..but its driving me insane..tabbing between targets who just seem to constantly be topping up their HP

cast bars appear above everyone's heads by default (or if they dont, ive always managed to turn it on without really trying) - and all of the heals have a green icon. Its pretty easy to spot.

and.. actually.. BH healers have two pistols, as they are mercenaries, not powertechs. Also, for a BH - the barrel of his guns w ill have a green aura if he's a healer.

Edited by Noctournys

Must be broken then. I wish they would test Legacy more before going on with anything like this.

Merc healers use two blasters, not one :p

how i notice is by seeing key skills going out.

if i see a merc use the missle that makes the green cloud on the floor, i note that he is a healer.

If i see an Operative call down probes on someone, i note he is a healer.

If i see a sorc use any of their 50 heals or put down a heal puddle, i note him as a healer.

other signs can be the stance a merc is in, if you can target them. if you see the combat support stance, its a healer.

and of course, marking the healer is always a plus!

Imp healers:

Single lightsabers held low while wearing a dress. Many cast bars.

Two guns that glow green. Some cast bars.

Operatives are the hardest to spot. Very very subtle animations with a class that has a common silhouette. Just know what operatives are and what they look like. Cast bars rarely give away operative healers.

Edited by AndrianMendel

^^^ one more thing to add to operative, healer OP tend to stay out of stealth more often than their dps buddies, so if you see an OP, chance are hes a healer. not always mind you, but its a good rule of thumb, in my opinion at least xD

If you see a merc start a cast bar and a missile doesn't come out. Healer! =P

I tend to go smack mercs as soon as I see them casting anything regardless though. From there you find out soon enough. Usually it's pretty easy to tell though, they've got some green going on and you'll see it.

Operative ones are probably the easiest to recognize. You usually see them wave their hand and the probe come down. If they're running around and you hear that laugh, probably a healer unless you see them stabbing someone. If not that, just them running around near combat not stabbing anyone has the odds of them being a healer at 90%+. They're high priority targets anyway in a brawl even if you're wrong.

Sorcs are pretty easy. The green goop on the ground is a safe bet but they may not have put that down yet. Again if a sorc is nearby they're worth smacking regardless, so have at it. If you see one casting for long and don't see lightning, probably a healer.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Look for green stuff. Guns, cast icon, stuff floating around them, etc.

Healer mercs will have a green combat cylinder buff.

Operatives are a bit harder but generally if a guy with one big gun is just standing there not shooting anyone he's a healer.

Or you can just play enough to know the healers by name ;)

Edited by Mrip

Comandos/bh's are the easier ones to spot- just look at their buffs and see what cell they have. Support cell increase healing done, probably a healer. Op/scounds who aren't going around opening on people and MAY have "slow release medicine/kolto probe" as a buff on themself or other players. And sages/sorcs just cast, cast, cast- if the icon is green you know. Edited by coolnamesrtaken

Must be broken then. I wish they would test Legacy more before going on with anything like this.

This comment makes no sense. You can tell the healing classes by the weapon (and in some cases which buff), and you can tell if they are using cast time abilities by looking at their cast bar above their head.

How you linked this to legacy is beyond me... unless you're talking about race? But if you're trying to tell if something is a healer by which race they are, you're doing it wrong.

Edited by tamgros

Healers are the ones with the mark over their heads. The marks look like a yellow crosshair, red flame, green lightsaber, gold star, and blue sheild. You should be interupting, stunlocking, and melting them at every possible chance.

BH are easiest to spot from their active cell :)

From afar you can spot healers from casting bars: most healing abilities have green icons (also the names are pretty much giving it away :) )

Also healers are usually isolated and do not chase enemy players, rather tend to follow friendlies and stay in range to heal and be helped in case they get attacked.

You guys really can't tell who a healer is by what they are casting? No wonder this forum cries so hard about things like Gunnery commandos, they don't even know what people are casting or what to interrupt.

Huh?

Well thanks for the constructive feed back. I know now to just look out for cast bars and waving hands. Don't quite understand how you intended to help though?

Thanks?

Healers are the ones with the mark over their heads. The marks look like a yellow crosshair, red flame, green lightsaber, gold star, and blue sheild. You should be interupting, stunlocking, and melting them at every possible chance.

Marks? I swear I've never been marked in PvP or seen marks placed on Healers. Instead while I'm healing and see an Enemy Healer I just type "Target John Doe" then poof he's dead. I do find it odd how nobody marks or in PuG groups the lead is given to the guy that has no idea how to run an ops group. :p

Operative/scoundrel healers: They will usually have little floating droids that shoot/spray green stuff into them and their party members. Also they can throw down light green healing smoke grenade. Probably the most mobile healer out of the three.

Commando/Mercenary healers: They will have the Support cells buff (their "healing stance"), you can also tell by the light green healing smoke grenade graphic, commando will shoot green rays at their allies, mercenary also shoot green pellets at their allies. Also look for green (seeing the pattern here?) droid/screening device graphic.

Sage/Sorcerer healers: look for yellow/purple pools of light on the ground. Then look around for a yellow/purple beam going from the healer to the healee. If that sorcerer is standing still but not casting lightning at you or your buddies, it is healer. If that sage is standing still and not spamming pebbles or air balls at your and yours, it is casting heals.

This thread should be a sticky and a must read before you can log in, of course when im on my healer you should all ignore the info here :p

Really wish more pugs would notice a healer, i can mark them and write their name in chat still they just ignore them.

If i see a sorc use any of their 50 heals or put down a heal puddle, i note him as a healer.

The reason sorcerers are getting nerfed is because of uninformed people like this. I can't believe how hard Bioware is catering to casuals.

You look at the final score and see who is healing. Then write their names down so next time you know who to harass ...notice I said harass not kill. Killing them is harder than finding them.

Also, you will see Sorc healers moving around a bit so they get in healing range of certain players. Lightning Sorcs. generally have to plant. Operatives I know shoot their heals like a missile but that probably does not help they are a pain.

Operatives are easy to spot guys, heres an easy flowchart:

You see an operative.

Is he rushing into melee range to stab people?

Yes: Hes probably not a healer

No: Is he CC'd or Stunned?

Yes: Go back to the start of the flow chart after the duration ends.

No: Hes a healer

But why do you want to kill healers anyway? =\

Here's something to think about: in top level play, healers aren't necessarily targeted first. In fact, it's not uncommon to leave healers till last.

If I was to offer some advice, I'd say go for focus fire - assist your teammates and help burst down their target together - does not matter if it's a healer or dps. You're not really much help to your team if 2 of them are trying to burst down a target and you go, GUYS KILL THE HEALER FIRST and you start attacking a full hp healer in the back.