Anyone Else NOT Care About Legacy?

zwhimsicalz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets not forget that Legacy isn't the only thing comming out in 1.2. they are also giving us a new WZ and a new OP and a new FP. Even if we all agree that Legacy is only fluff, is that really so bad when it also comes with content? I think it's great.

Its good stuff, problem is most of my friends and guildies that I would do that stuff with have already bailed.

Its good stuff, problem is most of my friends and guildies that I would do that stuff with have already bailed.

So talk some of them into trying it with you again once it comes out, problem solved. Speaking for myself, I've done the yo-yo act with plenty of MMO's and been fine with it. Leaving is not a permanent thing in the MMO world. I still jump on DDO every now and then. I've even been toying with the idea of visiting EQ to see how that game has changed since I last played it 10 years ago.

Iwould have hoped that they would have made other races unlockable like Nautelan or Aqualesh but no its only the same old thing. Pure Sith as jedi? How ridiculous is that?:(

Keep in mind, there is a Sith Pureblood as a Jedi Knight companion - the explanation for coming to fight FOR the Republic is very do-able. Even if it's only a few lines of VO work in a couple of extra scenes.

Patch 1.2 is irrelevant to me. I won't be enjoying any new content or features on my dead server. my server(The Deadweight) has no community and no economy. This isn't what i paid for. This is not a MMORPG it's simply a RPG. Unless you're on one of the few heavily populated servers then i'm sure a lot of you can relate. Bioware simply put up too many servers and that is in no way shape or form the player bases fault. I hear a lot of people saying that they opened all of these servers due to player demand but they made an error and now have too many and that should be corrected plain and simple. The burden of having to reroll or quit should not be put on your customers Bioware. Those are horrible choices for us. I guess we can also wait in the dark and hope for servers merges or transfers but that's not for me. The bottom line is Bioware has a huge glaring issue that needs to be resolved sooner rather than later. I'm amazed that it hasn't been officially addressed yet. This is bigger than any content patch. Bioware is really pushing their luck with this one. It's time to get down to the basics of what makes a game work. You can't live off the Starwars name alone forever.

With that said i like this game a lot and i wish i could enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed, with other people to play with. Patch 1.2 looks great. I've read all the notes and i like all the changes however i will enjoy none of it unfortunately.

Patch 1.2 is irrelevant to me. I won't be enjoying any new content or features on my dead server. my server(The Deadweight) has no community and no economy. This isn't what i paid for. This is not a MMORPG it's simply a RPG. Unless you're on one of the few heavily populated servers then i'm sure a lot of you can relate. Bioware simply put up too many servers and that is in no way shape or form the player bases fault. I hear a lot of people saying that they opened all of these servers due to player demand but they made an error and now have too many and that should be corrected plain and simple. The burden of having to reroll or quit should not be put on your customers Bioware. Those are horrible choices for us. I guess we can also wait in the dark and hope for servers merges or transfers but that's not for me. The bottom line is Bioware has a huge glaring issue that needs to be resolved sooner rather than later. I'm amazed that it hasn't been officially addressed yet. This is bigger than any content patch. Bioware is really pushing their luck with this one. It's time to get down to the basics of what makes a game work. You can't live off the Starwars name alone forever.

With that said i like this game a lot and i wish i could enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed, with other people to play with. Patch 1.2 looks great. I've read all the notes and i like all the changes however i will enjoy none of it unfortunately.

preach on brother.

I am terribly disappointed in the 1.2 version of the legacy system. See sig.

Yeah, I read more into it and it really doesn't do much. Once you think of the resources that went into it like space it blows my mind.

EDIT: I read your post, wow, what I was afraid of

Edited by Touchbass

Seems people are forgetting that 1.2 is not just Legacy. They are adding more FP's and OP's as well as more daily's (for level 50's). They are also adding more crafting features and items. Legacy is A big thing but it is NOT the only thing.

Personally, I like the additions coming with Legacy.

If you are one of those that is complaining about low pop servers then you have choices. Stay and be unhappy with the status quo. Stay and make the best of it. Or, roll a new character on a new more active server. Of course, you could just quit and save the rest of us the greif of listening to someone that only wants to complain rather then taking action that would fix THEIR situation.

Edited by Gruug

Imagine bounty hunters for example with that consular and inquisitor aoe thing that pushes you back.

Oh it will affect pvp.

PvPers beware. :D

once every 30 minutes? then sure... but then i dont balance myself around an ability i only get once every 30 minutes...

Seems people are forgetting that 1.2 is not just Legacy. They are adding more FP's and OP's as well as more daily's (for level 50's). They are also adding more crafting features and items. Legacy is A big thing but it is NOT the only thing.

Personally, I like the additions coming with Legacy.

If you are one of those that is complaining about low pop servers then you have choices. Stay and be unhappy with the status quo. Stay and make the best of it. Or, roll a new character on a new more active server. Of course, you could just quit and save the rest of us the greif of listening to someone that only wants to complain rather then taking action that would fix THEIR situation.

just to nail it in a bit more... biggest changes in 1.2 is changing to crafting, and mods for gear. Is new content as well, but being able to pull mods out of your gear and put in what you want is going to open alot of new doors... in fact has me worried some. Whats stopping raiders from dropping raid dps mobs into there pvp armor, with pvp armoring? is going to give them tons of toughness and TONS of damage! But this is a change i think should be biggest focus of 1.2! on top of that we can add augument slots to crafted gear, ect ect so yes 1.2 has alot of other features aside from legacy.

"put of the box" I think it's a cool idea and I can't wait to see where they go with it. It has a lot of potential. An example of potential gains from it would be the ability to see the various racial tattoos on other races aka a Imp zabrak tattoo on a human> Yeha, that's "another alt" but it keeps it interesting.

Or, perhaps they can come up with a system that recognizes that the toon you are on is part of the "legacy" of your original and offer some extra dialogue or perhaps a questline because you are XXX's kid? Or, perhaps you are a pureblood jedi and somehow you end up fighting your other toon in some epic questline in the ultimate family spat?

Lots of ways to go with it.

I don't mind legacy and think this is actually a nice addition to endgame in MMOs plus a good incentive to play other classes. That being said, I would be royally mad if this system ended up giving unfair advantages to altaholics in pvp or raiding. I just want to play my main and be competitive without having to level other classes.

I see what your sayin but...it should have been there at launch and not rushed for christmas. Also its really hard to be excited about anything right now when the servers are dying......I mean I said it before but....my server is becoming a ghost town... Edited by zwhimsicalz