Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

Hopefully they have all of this ready to be implemented for the retail release.

We wont see untill tomorrow(20th).

If not, then screw it im not wasting my time in a 2 hour queue after every disconnect and pay for it.

edit: Dont know if this is just mere luck, but i just jumped from 1152 to 362 in the queue. perhaps they are increasing the server caps?

Edited by Zakuras

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind queueing abit to get in game, but when you queue for about 2-3 hours, get in game only to have a CTD in less than 30 mins and then find your shoved to back of the queue again, which is now even bigger than when i first joined, i estimate about 3-4 hours now as the 'official estimates' are way off. Since I work I only have so much time in an evening, and by the time i get back in tonight it's gonna be time to logoff and get some sleep, so tonight is pretty much ruined for me.

Please Bioware do something to allow if you CTD/all out crash, you get like a 10 min grace to get back in before being put to the back of the queue...

they dont even know the meaning of grace. Ask costumer support if you want that confirmed. Cant be argued really.

People who is saying player cap is at 50% wake up. They are destroying the game reputation. They would lift that if they could.

How it looks to people who havent decided on swtor yet. " They cant handle it "

Edited by Elixx_Deco

Game closes (crash). I restart the game, connects and ... 753 in front of me.

Star Map :

< 50 minutes wait.

... five minutes later ...

< 55 minutes wait.

It basically means it's over for this evening.

I don't plan to look at a queue with SW music. For this I just need to put on a DVD.

In WoW (1st minute player) I cancelled after several occurences of a wait queue bigger than 10 minutes.

I'm no more patient now. People with a job (maybe not the primary demographic, granted) do not have time. When they can play it's for a given time frame.

Fix it.

So I finally give in to their stupid "solution" and made a new character on a different server. Things seem ok and I get to level 7 when bam, i lose connection every 1-2mins making it impossible to play. So thanks, thanks a lot, I go from one server with 5+hr queue, to one that can't keep a connection! Oh and no, its not my internet. The older server once I was in I never had any problems like that!!!!!!!

Things seem ok and I get to level 7 when bam, i lose connection every 1-2mins making it impossible to play.

I think that's the story all over the place tonight - I've re-rolled on two servers since, and cannot keep a connection for more than 20 minutes.

I'm reserving judgement for the minute, as I know it's go-live night tonight. I wonder what fun tomorrow will bring, when the doors are flung open to the masses... time will tell.

Before today there actually was a grace period that I experienced. However tonight after getting home from work I was able to get in rather quickly. As I selected my character the game proceeded to load and then crash. After logging back in I was at the back of a 400+ queue.

The time between crashing and logging back in was probably 2-3 minutes, well under the time that I previously was able to get back in using the grace period. Has it been removed?

What rubbish is this? I died in Taral V flashpoint. I clicked Return Medic Center and i didnt return to instance entrance. I returned to my desktop instead. New feature?

There is a FP ongoing and my grp mates have no idea why i disappeared. Now i have to wait at least 1 hr+ to get in.

You have created a great game BioWare. But you seriously failed at some BASIC things. GET IT TOGETHER!

I didnt disconnect. YOU BOOTED ME BIOWARE.

Edited by Redsuns_

that error happens when u get dcs..id suggest u re log in again or best would b restart ur comp.

I ran a trace while my lag was spiking... its not my internet service. Getting tired of being DC and thrown back into a damn queue time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.