Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we please have some type of grace period to log back in after a disconnect?

Had issues both in guild and in groups, if someone would disconnect for a minute they'd have to sit in a 15-20 minute que to get back in and finish the flash point or whatever they're working on.

lol. ur lucky.

i waited for 3 hours (1350 ppl)

then i dc and had to wait for 1600 ppl... and still waiting.

they didnt even think about the basics... sigh.

Not sure have i posted this thread yet but yes - after crash 2 times in row and waiting in que about hour everytime and molesting forums meanwhile - would be nice.. i agree with OP

- i see i actually posted few mails ago - thasts when i last crashed and im in que again .. (also got caught i was in que only 30 mins o0 )

Edited by Spiritsniper

seriously its standard for every mmo why not here too? zero forethought i doubt the competence of the development team :mad:

I know they busy and all - but this is a thing devs should give some tought - its super annoying - its not the most stable game in world and if I stand i que about hour then get dc asap - grace time would be nice cos i can play hours hours in row no problem - then couple crashes in row and bam - 1-3hours in que

To be honest, I don't care about any grace period, I just want be able to log onto my character everytime I want right after the launch as long as I pay my subscription!

Solution is simple:

- Add more servers

- Grant free transfers to balance them

- Remove queues

As it's been mentioned Bioware, you should have known that this would happen with the high amount of information that you gathered.

This game is awsome, I don't see anyone complaining about its content, only thing people are complaining about is that they cannot play it!

So please Bioware, communicate on this issue, tell us about your plan to fix it, but don't mess it up because you're not able to deal with the success!!!

Here's my sunday :

12:25 queueing place 900~

13:45 DC

13:46 Queing place 1450

18:30 I'm in!

19:10 When clicking "join warfront" button client crashes

19:15 Queue 1600

They better fix this kind of **** , i spend my hole afternoon for this ridiculous queue.

Think WOW introduced a grace period in 2005, because it had the same issues beforehand where you'd get DC'ed then have to queue to get back in.

I'm sure a lot of things have changed in the world of technology since 2005, but I am pretty sure that REGRESSION isn't one of the things.

Based on what I've seen in SWTOR it would seem that they hired people who had never ever played an MMO, or they had a comparison chart between SWTOR and other MMOS and decided to remove any features that were listed in other modern MMOs.

Hence why when you get DC'ed and try to get back in quickly, you might find yourself looking at the 6 hour queue.

But as Jeff has told you -- you can play on a different server, your 100+ guild will surely follow you.

Intercept of priority traffic between imperial forces and central command received: 18.Dec.2011 at 20.04.

<------ Start of Transmission ---------->

Urgent Request to Central Command.

Request priority reconnect to imperial coms network. We are surrounded, Republic forces are danger close. . . .

[garbled speech and explosions]

Repeat, Republic forces are danger close, unable to call in air support.

<------ End of Transmission ---------->

This is getting frustrating!!!!

I get booted from the game, log back in, 2 hours waiting -.-

After the 2 hours, I was on for 5 minutes before the game booted me off once again!

BioWare, the servers' maximum population needs to be doubled atleast and if you're going to carry on doing nothing about this, then offer free server transfers. I have read your recent announcement about this problem and it sounds to me as if you're fixing it in the wrong way! We don't need more servers!! We need bigger populated servers and maybe a few more once the overall population has been boosted. There is no point in adding more servers when most people have leveled their characters and don't want to pay to move them. Actually pay attention to the players and sort this out!

Ok I understand that the severs have ques but FFS today is bad.

Qued this morning for just under 4 hours played for about 1 hour got DC and back in a 2050 que.

That was 4 hours ago and I still have 850 left, so that will be about an 8 hour wait.

So today will have been 12 hours of que time and 1 hour of play time.

God knows what next week will be like.:mad::mad::mad:

Whats the Hold up bioware we need the grace period just implement it already,

just got kicked of the freaking server now i'm #1579 in que wich means i wont get to play anymore tonight unless i make another toon made 3 other toons all full servers really cba to start new one right now.

this is just so frustrating, my main is currently lvl 22 cuz i just couldnt get enough time to lvl due to the insane que time plz atleast let us have a transfer or something i would be willing to leave that server for a light one.

this tommorows schedule:

work>sit in que> play a 1/2 hour>d/c>3hour que>lvl new alt>get bored>go bed

*edit*

Funny twitter is all about #ADDED NEW SERVERS!! lol how does that help me.............

Edited by Khardona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.