Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

I'd love to see some kind of official response right about now.

And it's not the crashes that are game breaking, it's the fact that you have to go through the queue again.

Sadly, 36 pages and no official response ... does not bode well for future support

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my friends are on different servers because of this wait times. There are servers with 2hrs and longer wait times. Really interesting considering this is just the early access period.

What I just don't get is this never happened to me on the Weekend tests. I had to wait through a 20 or so minute queue, never had a server crash or anything remotely similar.

I wonder what all the testing was for only to have the actual servers be like this...

Was just coming on here to make a thread about this very topic. I got a disconnect, reconnected in less than 30 seconds only to get bumped into a queue.

My connection is usually very stable but it wasn't unusually playing another (to remain unnamed) MMO to have a disconnect once during a raid. Even with login queues on that server, disconnected players were allowed right back in.

Login queues I can deal with but it's very uncool for raids if we end up having to maintain a waiting list of players ready to step in every time a player disconnects just to avoid waiting half an hour.

Edited by Rowje

Everyone wanted in for FULL 5 days early access.

Pounded the forums LET US IN.

I expected to be in a wave the 18th or 19th because I orderred in Nov.

Bioware listened to the Rageing I WANT IN, so here you go they got 99.9% of preorders in on the 15th so you get your full 5 days.

And now you wonder why there are Q's?

They could have spread the waves over the 5 day early access schedual but they tried to please everyone.

They got everyone in,just like other mmos within 2 days instead of a span of 7

So everyone deserves Q's.

Everyone deserves the Q's they asked for it, Its what you asked for....admit it

If i understand it right queues are based on total server volume not logjams in the starter areas. Spacing out in waves would only have prevented queues for another day or two. The problem remains there are too many people for the amount of server space available.

Frankly I'm surprised at the acceptance of q's so early on. Each subsequent mmo should strive to improve on past ones. Accepting q's as standard is odd. People grow to care about their toons. How many times should they be told to abandon those toons and start new ones on lower volume servers? How much time invested in a character is too much to just abandon and redo?

I'm willing to give BW some time to fix their problems, I'm just skeptical because it would seem there is a lot of info avail on players session play times and total play times yet it seemed to be ignored. I have hope because I've had no lag yet so they should be able raise the caps on servers. This will only help if they bar new entries to full servers for a time and put new servers in place.

Finally, while I believe dc'ing into a q is a step backward for a mmo and a fix should come asap, the real issue is unacceptable q times.

yuhuu!!! after 4,5 hours only 42 players left in queue (started with 1,4k)!! ah... forgot.. it is saturday evening here so time to go with friends drink some beer... well... I really enjoyed today's playing!! really! :D

God bless Mythic... damn.. Bioware!!:D

yah 100% agree this sux, just spent 30 minutes waiting in the queue, got on, ran to the quest area i was going to, crashed to desktop, logged back on right away, now i have a 50 minute queue...

this HAS to be fixed, having to wait in the queue sux already, risking getting booted out due to random issues and having to wait more is a deal breaker if it goes on too long

also with this is what seems to be a pretty short afk to logout duration

i got up to make dinner last night, didnt take too crazy long but after about 15 minutes i was logged out due to inactivity

so not only can i not crash, but i have to make sure im near my computer at all times if i dont want an hour wait to get back on

plz fix

Edited by Homegrownn

Same problem here as alot of other people. Basically playing on game, the internet stays fine for everything else but get a "Disconnected from server" message that booted me back to the server select menu so not disconnected from the game, however trying to log back in with a 20 min or so que, and that was dispite only just logging in with about a 20min que and playing for about 10-15 mins.

Although I don't have problems with disconnecting and then being forced into a queue, queuing alone just to login and play for the evening I was there for just over three hours on an hour and a half estimate :<.

Really do hope this gets addressed before release.

Bioware you have created a great game. Most of us have waited and supported you for years. Please dont "swg" it and throw all your hard work away. Fix this so we can have more people join because of the good things they hear and not the opposite. I have myself and at least 5 people I know that are finding something else to do today because of this issue.

Queued for 2 hours this morning and crashed after 1 hour of play. Queued for 4 and a half hours to get back just to crash after 45 minutes of play. Back in a queue again, position 1900.

This issue really need to be addressed. Raise the cap on the servers, grace period for logging, what ever does the job, I dont care. Just fix it.

PPL should stop QQ about ONLY 15mins queues.

if it was only 15 minutes i doubt ppl would be complaining so much

so far i have spent about 3 hours in the queue today alone due to my original logon (about 30 minutes), goin to get breakfast, logged back on after that (about another 30 minutes). played for a bit, afk'd got disconnected, another 40 minute wait, played for about 10 minutes, crashed, been in the queue for another 50 minutes or so

so 2.5 hours of queue time, prolly 3-4 hours of game time, and still waiting now with 109 ppl in front of me

15 minutes is one thing, this is going to get out of control if its not resolved by launch