How about some humor in this game?

Nevadaheart

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I would have liked a few more pop culture easter eggs in the game.

One of the things I really liked about the Fallout games (mainly 1 and 2) were the inside jokes that if you got them it was funny and if you didn't well the game still worked. TOR does seem to be missing something in that department with far too much of the imperial story line devoted to being betrayed and very very few lighter moments.

Go play Smuggler.

Inquisitor > Smuggler JUST for the Holocron Ice Cream joke. :D

And Khem Val's Sabacc joke....

And Zash's comeback when you BS her as to how you pacified Kallig's ghost....

And Zash's little dance when you space through that convo....

And the dumb*** investigators at Skotia's office who REFUSE to even consider your confession to killing him....

Etc. etc. and so on and so forth. :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

Star Wars isn't supposed to be comedy slapstick. That's partly what makes Episode 1 such a monumental stench-fest of a movie.

I like it the way it is, some humorous quips, some one-liners, the ability as a smuggler to go "It's hard to be humble, knowing how great I am!"... that's perfectly in line with what I expect from Star Wars, having been a fan of the first three.

I mean have you even seen the original movies? That was some grim-grown up stuff with the occasional one-liners to lighten it up; the droids were the comic relief and it was glorious.

Then came Ep 1 and it was geared completely towards children who enjoy idiot characters going "meesa" at the drop of a hat... last thing this game needs is more of that trash.

I like it as it is. It's a grown-up game. It just annoys me when people take idiot names and just as bad, idiot guild names. Unfortunately since Sturgeon's law applies to people too, ie 90% of everything is crud, it's unavoidable in any context when you have people running loose and mixing and matching mythologies etc. It's super-lame and I know we can never get away from it.

But please don't try to convert the game into some silly charade, it's already pretty bad since the end-game gear all looks like clown getups.

It just occurred to me that there is very little levity in this game. Wouldn't it be nice if your companion occasionally said something like, "I'm really getting sick of killing sand grubs, can't we find a beach somewhere and relax?" Even if a mob said, "Ouch! That hurts! I thought Jedi were supposed to be nice!" Just once, I'd like to see an NPC say, "Yeah, now you have to save the galaxy like those forty other guys ahead of you did earlier today." "Thank you for saving the lives of countless people, here's enough credits to count for about a nickel for each one." Even if your companion said, "OMG, look at this hat you gave me. I look like a drum major in a St. Patrick's Day parade."

Well a thing about humor is that there are different kinds of it and people have different tastes. For example Swtor, like every Bioware game, is full of the kind of humor I really enjoy while you cannot find any humor at all. On the other hand I would not find your examples even remotely funny.

Fascinating responses. Currently I have two Republic toons: a Jedi Consular (Sage) and a Trooper (Vanguard.) My only female companions are a mall rat (Nadia) and an uptight librarian (Elara.) All the humor and sex appeal of a road accident. Clearly I have to go to the dark side. OMW. See you there.

Not exactly a humorous moment, but the Consular gets the option i a lot of dialogs to say something is stupid. The line, delivered in Athena Karkanis's voice is just dripping with pitying sarcasm:

"Wow, there is incompetent, and then there are you guys."

My Sith Sorcerer (male) with his "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn" comment and some of the other comments he makes are also on the sarcastic side of funny, but so am I.

My Sith Sorcerer (male) with his "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn" comment and some of the other comments he makes are also on the sarcastic side of funny, but so am I.

I always found that vastly annoying... what is he, a 14-year old kid listening to mommy or a super-lethal bad-guy Sith Lord? :)

I always found that vastly annoying... what is he, a 14-year old kid listening to mommy or a super-lethal bad-guy Sith Lord? :)

I'd actually put the Inquisitor's age at 19 or so, so that isn't too big a stretch to have him be a complete wise*** to everyone. Plus, he's just had the culture shock of his life going from Slave to Sith Lord at the drop of a hat. Hell yeah he's gonna live it up for all it's worth! :D