• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

How about some humor in this game?

Well the whole game is one big joke !

Ha ha on me I lose 100 dollar !!!

Funny joke ! Tee Hee ....

Awww, poor little fella. :( Here's a hug and I hope you find something to do that is fun for you!

No. One of the main things I didn't like about WoW was all the immersion breaking wisecracking and pop culture references. I hope they leave things as they are so you can believe you are actually living in the Star Wars universe.

Ah, and Joke #3 makes an appearance. Good one.

The initial Sith Warrior storyline (specifically the Vette part involving "the collar") on Korriban is actually pretty funny. If you pick Sith pure blood as your race and actually tried your racial ability then it is the cherry on top.

Also, Sith Inquisitor, "Yaaaaaawn". Nuff said.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

Which game have you been playing OP? There is a lot of humour in this game and, in my opinion, it is exactly the right kind of humour. What you don't get in this game is humour at the expense of the game. There are no "silly" races, no npcs with punning names none of that childish humour that contributed so much to my decision to leave a certain popular MMO.

What you do get in this game are characters who are witty, intelligent and manage to be humorous by doing and saying things that people might actually say in that situation. It's internally consistent, it's immersive. It is not the writers tipping a wink at the audience while undermining their own creation.

In short, I love the humour in this game.

I like it, it's a serious game, with the occasional joke here and there, unlike WoW which is a silly game, built on pop culture references every 10 seconds. The problem comes when you set expectations. For example, if you look at the WoW forums, there are multiple threads about what pop culture refs are going to be expected in the game on release of the new expansion.

There are entire zones in that game that are modelled around memes etc.

I like it how it is here, fun, and engaging, without the need for a /rimshot every time someone says something.

Quizzical look,

Char - Did you just make up a word ?

Npc - Yeah, sorry I do that sometimes.......

+100 internetz to anyone who names the quest,

:)

The one on Taris on the Imp side with that Spectatious dude. :D Hell, I can't even remember the name of the mission, but it was to inject the Rakghoul virus into Repub med supplies. :p

Which game have you been playing OP? There is a lot of humour in this game and, in my opinion, it is exactly the right kind of humour. What you don't get in this game is humour at the expense of the game. There are no "silly" races, no npcs with punning names none of that childish humour that contributed so much to STAR WARS EPISODE 1: THE PHANTOM MENACE.

I hate "fixing" people's posts, but this was a golden opportunity, too good to pass up.

I missed witty sarcastic remarks on my Knight to be fair, Warrior had a bunch though funny as hell, especially with Vette to comment. Smuggler's by far the best in that area. But I really expected more Obi-wan like lines of sarcasm, I deslike being such a serious Jedi most of the time.

The one on Taris on the Imp side with that Spectatious dude. :D Hell, I can't even remember the name of the mission, but it was to inject the Rakghoul virus into Repub med supplies. :p

Indeedy :)

So far the only thing thats made me chuckle out loud while playing the game,

Ahh, no I tell a lie,

Not long after getting Blizz, (yep im BH, lucky me), I went back to do some old greyed out Heroics, took Blizz along for the lolz,

Soo, me and Blizz are killing leets, way below our lvl, some of which are Jedi's, anyway, little old Blizz bless him gets hit by a knockback, and pulls another pack, then he gets hit by another knockback and pulls even more,

Well, at this point little Blizz got Angry and pulled out his Rocket Launcher for some serious payback :)

I was Rofling for a good 2 or 3 mins,

Then noticed his health, and gave him a hand,

:D

Indeedy :)

So far the only thing thats made me chuckle out loud while playing the game,

Ahh, no I tell a lie,

Not long after getting Blizz, (yep im BH, lucky me), I went back to do some old greyed out Heroics, took Blizz along for the lolz,

Soo, me and Blizz are killing leets, way below our lvl, some of which are Jedi's, anyway, little old Blizz bless him gets hit by a knockback, and pulls another pack, then he gets hit by another knockback and pulls even more,

Well, at this point little Blizz got Angry and pulled out his Rocket Launcher for some serious payback :)

I was Rofling for a good 2 or 3 mins,

Then noticed his health, and gave him a hand,

:D

Blizz is a little thug and comic relief too! I tear it up with Blizz going all out with the Rocket Launcher. :D