Classes are the problem

DirtyDiggler

The game would have been better without a class system. Let’s face it after SWG what everyone truly wanted was a star wars game with a focus on sith vs jedi. If they would of took a non class approach the game would have benefited in so many ways.

Story

First off there should of only been one storyline for each side, everyone should of started off force sensitive and as they went through the story joined the Sith or Jedi. This would of added an element of choice into the now otherwise boring storylines and they could of done so much more with companions and story if they didn’t have to do voiceovers and story for so many various classes. I believe a focus on a single story arch with a focus on choice would of made the voiceovers worth the effort

PVP

Balancing powers and skills would have been easier then balancing different classes. Classes also don’t offer anymore choice as you can make plenty of variation in a non-class based game by giving people the choice of skill sets. The focus of the game should have been melee combat and force powers and there would have been balance. Get rid of tanks and healers and all the various other class crap that ruined competitive gaming.

This is just my quick thoughts I could go in-depth but I don’t want to make a wall of text that no one reads.

Thoughts?

Get rid of tanks and healers and all the various other class crap that ruined competitive gaming.

Exhibit A in the museum of whiners who will not cease until the game becomes a one-class system.

Edited by Arlanon

So the problem is that some people are playing non-force characters so that option needs to be eliminated?

Well I hear a lot of people complain about the force users being so much better than huttball...if we were ALL force users, problem solved! =P

The game would have been better without a class system. Let’s face it after SWG what everyone truly wanted was a star wars game with a focus on sith vs jedi. If they would of took a non class approach the game would have benefited in so many ways.

Thanks for speaking for everyone, and even if there was good stuff in SWG, catering to a minority kind of broke it. Some people don't want to dig through a turd to find a couple diamonds.

Story

First off there should of only been one storyline for eacKh side, everyone should of started off force sensitive and as they went through the story joined the Sith or Jedi. This would of added an element of choice into the now otherwise boring storylines and they could of done so much more with companions and story if they didn’t have to do voiceovers and story for so many various classes. I believe a focus on a single story arch with a focus on choice would of made the voiceovers worth the effort

Oh good, take the one thing everyone praises and gut it out.

Balancing powers and skills would have been easier then balancing different classes. Classes also don’t offer anymore choice as you can make plenty of variation in a non-class based game by giving people the choice of skill sets. The focus of the game should have been melee combat and force powers and there would have been balance. Get rid of tanks and healers and all the various other class crap that ruined competitive gaming.

You don't understand balance or pvp. I can't even justify wasting my time to explain why you are wrong. Others will point this out.

This is just my quick thoughts I could go in-depth but I don’t want to make a wall of text that no one reads.

Thoughts?

Good idea on not posting more

Every class could be exactly the same and it would still be all about focus fire and uneven numbers. The smarter team wins in this game, it has nothing to do with class balance. The only balance needed is to be sure you never start a match with no healers. That's about the only time you are in a game you are almost guaranteed to lose.

If there's one problem related to classes it's class distributions and not the classes in themselves. This in turn is creating the, in many cases, unwarranted "OP QQ'ing". People see one class consistently fill top 3 spots but totally ignore than it's one or two players from that class filling those spots while the majority of players from the class as a whole have a more even distribution in the list or in some cases even fill the bottom spots.

In the end you're free to play whatever you like and considering how you're seemingly opposed to different classes you can't counter with "what if I want to play as this or that". In a one-class system there's no such choice.

Edited by MidichIorian

Story

First off there should of only been one storyline for each side, everyone should of started off force sensitive and as they went through the story joined the Sith or Jedi. This would of added an element of choice into the now otherwise boring storylines and they could of done so much more with companions and story if they didn’t have to do voiceovers and story for so many various classes. I believe a focus on a single story arch with a focus on choice would of made the voiceovers worth the effort

PVP

Thoughts?

LOL @ ^

SWG was and is the lowest skill capp PVP I've ever played..........

This game is PRO, and when you play a pro game you have 3 options

1) Get on it's level

2) Get run over

3) Find a new game

LOL @ ^

1) Get on it's level

2) Get run over

3) Find a new game

This is the dumbest thing i have ever read.

Story

PVP

Thoughts?

god no wat r u 10 years old i played swg for like 6 years thats not wat i wanted at all

Edited by sheeldon

Personally, I feel players are the problem. I don't even know why they give us the ability to control our own character. I feel this game would be a much better game if every character was an NPC and we could just watch the programming do the work.

This is the dumbest thing i have ever read.

That's Bcuz you played SWG and thought you were PRO....

Get on my LEVEL.....

Welcome to the big leagues.......

Well if this game ever lives up to what it can be...........

Which I'm SURE it will..............ONE DAY!

That's Bcuz you played SWG and thought you were PRO....

Get on my LEVEL.....

Welcome to the big leagues.......

Well if this game ever lives up to what it can be...........

Which I'm SURE it will..............ONE DAY!

ur bad shush swg was loads beter than tor especialy pvp. pvp here is probs the worste ive ever seen in any mmo

LOL @ ^

1) Get on it's level

2) Get run over

3) Find a new game

I do not know what this is supposed to be.