Just some facts about female gamers

kalarigamerchic

I'd start with simple games like the ones for the smartphones and consoles. Then gradually I'd show to her more complicated, challenging and time consuming games. At the same time, I'd do some compromises like doing things she really loves. That way, you end up with a win-win situation.

This is very simplified but you get the idea.

Totally this.

It's how I got my husband into gaming. Now, it's one of the many fun things we do with each other.:)

No matter what hobbies or interests a person has, there's a decent game about it these days. So, google "jigsaw games" or "miniature painting games" or whatever-she's-into-games, and buy her a present.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I only read the first post...the OP. I stopped half-way through and just thought about *****. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

But seriously......how do I turn my wife into a gamer chick? As it stands right now she makes fun of me. But she is a constant gossip queen of facebook, so I have plenty of ammunition to fire back with. Guide me Chicks of the Pixilated Universe.

Angry Birds, Rock Band, Mario, Skyrim.

Do all those in order and she will be kicking your *** from Hyrule all the way to Liberty City.

...is Chuck from NJ who lives in his mother basement

As a Chuck living in my mothers basement I find this ignorant. Why is it that Chuckority (Chuck minority) are so often ridiculed and name-called and everyone gets away with that? It is forbidden to ridicule religious people, gays and others, but Chucks? Go for it!

I know no one cares, but name calling people based on their choice of lifestyle you just don't care to understand or give a second thought (or even just ignore/tolerate altogether) just makes you a bad person

You know, you should vent your gender frustrations on someone else.

/butthurtrant

Be warned - convincing your bf/gf to play can have unexpected consequences:

After a fair bit of effort I got my bf into swtor, but now he only wants to play with me in game - as in doing everything together! Even class quests!

It's quite annoying because I'm not allowed to play that character when he's not playing so that we stay at the same level so there are other characters I'd rather be playing, and I actually liked teaming up with randoms all the time which he doesn't want to do.

All I can say is thank goodness he's not this clingy irl :\

Edited by Spellacopter

So I only read the first post...the OP. I stopped half-way through and just thought about *****. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

But seriously......how do I turn my wife into a gamer chick? As it stands right now she makes fun of me. But she is a constant gossip queen of facebook, so I have plenty of ammunition to fire back with. Guide me Chicks of the Pixilated Universe.

Does she play any of the games on facebook, like farmville and such?

Show her one of the SIMS games. Get her making a home and dressing a sims character in new outfits, etc. Then when she stops to gawk at how pretty Skyrim is, show her your house in it (It's not just about killing dragons, after all). Then she sees the Wizard101 castle your child has, and gets into that for the family time, meets other parents, now you have houses, clothes, AND social networking.

From there, showing her that there are MMOs where her toon actually has a cup size is a very small step. ;) Muahahahaha!

Well, that's how it worked on my GF.

One things for sure, gamer girls crave just as much attention as any others

This is a wide open comment. Do you mean that all girl gamers crave the attention other girl gamers look for or ALL other players, girl or guy, crave the same attention?

2. Female gamers are not easily offended-

I had to read this sentence over about five times to make sure it actually said that. I still haven't stopped laughing. Female gamers are just like females in other walks of life: You're all easily offended.

I had to read this sentence over about five times to make sure it actually said that. I still haven't stopped laughing. Female gamers are just like females in other walks of life: You're all easily offended.

I think that's more of a human trait than specifically a female trait. I know plenty of guys who are more easily offended than I am. Especially young ones who think their opinion is all that matters.

I'm offended by that statement :D

Females are not easily offended, you're just a jerk.

That's just because us guys are easily offensive. (ba dum bum CHING)

3. Female gamers not all of us but many are not life time watching drama queens who cry at the drop of a hat. Some of us are very vicious and like to play that way. One of my best made characters was a Drow warrior in another game who murdered just because she could. I obviously don't do such things in real life but its fantasy and being blood thirsty in fantasy is fun and gets to showcase a side to myself id never indulge in real life.

Because Drow effing rock. That is all.

Why, yes. That is my lightsaber. It's just the same size. :cool:

If you wonder why that never works, try replacing "lightsaber" with "assault cannon" next time. Because a. the name itself is already a double entendre, and b. thickness > length ;)

Seriously,

I am a female gamer. I play a female toon and team with my husband.

I can't see myself playing a burly guy named Bubba....lol Although my husband was teamed with a macho man named M*** K** last week. Who turned out to be female so men and pimply teenage guys wouldn't hit on her.

We are still the minority though.

Oh, and I am a Mom and a Gramma.

I can understand why she would play as a male character. myself i'm male, but all of my characters are Female.

I'm a female gamer, and I like to play female toons mostlly, but especially in this game, cause of the relationships with the male companions. I do have a couple of male toons, but thats cause I mostly wanted to see how the other half lived, lol. Why do they get more flirts and action? :confused:

If you wonder why that never works, try replacing "lightsaber" with "assault cannon" next time. Because a. the name itself is already a double entendre, and b. thickness > length ;)

Not just that. :p

Shall quote my swtor favorite twi'lek hottie Numen Brock :

"It's not the size of the missile but how it hits the target"
:D

I'ld have to disagree with you there. Some girl gamers have a tough skin. Sometimes you have to especially if your a female who likes to PvP :p I haven't seen it in this game yet but man in CoH i was called a lot of things fat, tranny, dinosaur, told to get the sand out of my Va jay jay and sooooo much other stuff probably not able to post on the forums. I've had people post fake pic's of my previously mentioned sandy Vay Jay jay on the CoH forums (I wondered why i was so popular!) It actually was funny to me that people go to these measures but I could see it reducing other girls to tears lol. I've also have a few stalkers in game (that gets old) and some fake accounts made to "bother me" some of them are pretty funny actually (PhillyGirlilla). I do have my hot buttons just like any other person find the right button to push and i'll go off but for the most part not easily offended at all.

I have a name for any Assault Cannon a Trooper carries. "Compensator". :D

Oh, and I was talking about JUST the Lightsaber hilt. :cool:

Edited by Captain_Zone