The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The number of bugs is mind boggling

Veeius

People that read bug reports don't even understand english so it doesn't help to solve problems.

LOL, The devs don't even know what a operation is, They keep calling them Raids,( Go drink some water), pmsl. look for it on youtube, funny really.

Yeah there's so many bugs its unreal, great game. But after 1.2, one more month for me. (hope not).We will see.+

SLI still not working for PVp wz. They Knew about it in Beta.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see posts like this and laugh how soon folks forget. WoW was barely playable the first six months due to bugs like falling through the world or respawning inside rocks just to name a few.

I see posts like the one I've quoted and laugh. Did people fall through the world in the first six months of wow? yeah sometimes. Was it "barely playable" in its first six months?, hardly. Though I did play WoW in it's first six months, you wouldn't need to to know that they wouldn't be where they are today if the game were "barely playable" in its first six months. It would be offline instead.

Edited by Vlaxitov

At what point will it become unacceptable to pay to play a game that is still in beta? Will it take 6 months? A year? How much longer will you guys defend this trainwreck by comparing it to bad games that released years ago, or repeating ad nauseum that it just needs more time?

you think bugs are bad now should have been playing when the mmo genre started. Those were some bugs and huge downtime, almost make me wonder how the genre made it through all that, and with today's attitudes, and instant gratficiation, i doubt it would have.

all games have bugs, even stand alone games Skyrim, had a few huge bugs in the game when it shipped funny how no one talks about that, MOH had a few as well..

In ToR yes there are bugs, but I have not encountered any bugs that have kept me from leveling my toon or playing, server up time here in ToR for a new game has been great. At least for me..:)

Edited by kevlarto

I see posts like the one I've quoted and laugh. Did people fall through the world in the first six months of wow? yeah sometimes. Was it "barely playable" in its first six months?, hardly. Though I did play WoW in it's first six months, you wouldn't need to to know that they wouldn't be where they were today if the game were "barely playable" in its first six months. It would be offline instead.

Ummm since I was actually there I can tell you yes. Seven months after launch getting into Deadmines was hit or miss the loot bug was rampant, grouping could end up disconnecting you falling through the world still respawning in rocks that was really fun waiting for days for a CM to get around to world booting you on and on.

The problem isn't whether the developers are addressing things fast enough it is with self entitled children that have no concept of what MMO design is actually about and that bugs aren't always as simple as identify and fix.

I really enjoy the content of this game. But it is VERY disappointing that there are TONS of things that are broken.

Mobs that hide inside walls.

Force cloak doesn't disengage you from combat.

Force charge removes you from the world.

Quest items in ilum changed to "object has no name" and become unusable.

The list goes on and on and on AND ON.

Yes, I've played other mmo's near release, I haven't seen one that you had to pay for that is this buggy.

Rather than working feverishly on new content, can you please fix the old first?

Don't mistake me, swtor is an AMAZING game, and I really enjoy it. But quest breaking bugs (not to mention bugs that get me killed) are extremely frustrating.

Haven't seen any of those bugs... Only bugs I've ran into are the ones in Hard Mode flashpoints and Operations (Which need to be fixed SOON Bioware).... The rest of the content so far seems to be fairly bug free.... I'll get the occasional Stuck in a stance with my smuggler or be sucked out of a Warzone and put back at the space station but it doesn't happen that often...

Thats because a newer video game making philosophy that is particularly valued by mmo developers is "pay me now and I'll entertain you later, I promise." MMOs in general have become a ponzi scheme of entertainment.

If you actually believe this, why do you play them?

That is a sincere question.

Really this game is not terribly buggy. It was very stable at launch, and this game was a LOT worse in beta. The only reason so many of the hardmodes and ops are buggy is because they gave us 0 time to test them. I will concede thoguh that BW is too slow on fixing bugs. I really do not understand the logic behind leaving so many dozens of bugs unfixed until 1.2 and fixing them all at once.

I recall that from the getgo my companion cat in WoW would not follow me in various places. Like along the pier to feathermoon, onto boats, into the Inn where I trained for cooking and funniest he would wait half way up the tree house in Darnassus and still be there when I came back down the ramp. Took all the way to Cata to actually fix it. And now I am pleasantly amused in this game at the antics of my companion with moving platforms. I am sure the creators know of the problems, but I guess its not so game breaking as to need them to divert resources. At the moment my Jedi Knight is stuck with a Dark Side level of 3005.1999511719.. I have had a response from the GM and they say they have no time frame for a fix and I shouldn't worry cus its just cosmetic. As long as I know I guess. So not a problem.

I really enjoy the content of this game. But it is VERY disappointing that there are TONS of things that are broken.

Mobs that hide inside walls.

Force cloak doesn't disengage you from combat.

Force charge removes you from the world.

Quest items in ilum changed to "object has no name" and become unusable.

The list goes on and on and on AND ON.

Yes, I've played other mmo's near release, I haven't seen one that you had to pay for that is this buggy.

Rather than working feverishly on new content, can you please fix the old first?

Don't mistake me, swtor is an AMAZING game, and I really enjoy it. But quest breaking bugs (not to mention bugs that get me killed) are extremely frustrating.

Cry more.

The number of places you can get stuck is also mind boggling.

Very true. I have been amazed at that....and why? I have seen MMOs with more bugs then SWTOR but TOR is in first place when it comes to the number of places one can become stuck.

Has WoW fixed the blink bug?

Google wow dragon soul bugs

Which blink bug? Theres only been like 75 of them and the majority of those were closer to open exploits than bugs. Most of the actual problematic blink bugs were latency related. Nice try though and btw, your link is only taking me to the google search page.

Edited by Vlaxitov