1.2 legacy class buff is a bummer for 1 char PvPers

Tyksak

Never until now have a seen a MMO company that "punished" people focusing on 1 char and investing whatever time they had in this particular character, until now...

I was amazed when I read about the coming legacy class buff that lets you have all 4 class buffs in one as long as you level 4 char in different classes and finish chapter 2 on them. For starters, who wants to go PvE another 3 chars to be competitive in PvP? I sure as h... don't.

I put this in here because I think scenarios like WZs is where your lack of buffs will hurt the most since you'll most likely take a dirtnab a few times during the game. So am I as a SW to miss out on 5% crit, 5% endurance etc. during most fights? Stats that are very very hard to obtain through other means.

I think it's ridicolous and downright a bad idea. Why should everyone (who can be bothered) have the excact same buffs in the end? To me it makes no sense at all. You may as well remove them.

Bleh and enough with the QQ

bioware aint got a clue what they are doing lol its one of he rasons why i cancelled my sub and wont resub until thye fix the crap they keep trying to make the game better with and failing.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me sad.

Why should I play bh character if I dislike both mercs and pts?

Also, I transfered another server because of low population. Don't want to level the same character just to get buff.

Stupid idea. The only thing why I'm still here it is almost no pve grinding for pvp (WOW for me has too much pve to play pvp).

wait there sever tranfers in game O_O

I am amazed by Zoeller's lack of foresight... Doesn't he realize that allowing one class to obtain all the buffs is going to make that "team of operatives" even more powerful and cause more players to rage quit?

This isn't about which game sucks and which doesn't, but I gotta hand it to some of you guys how you derail this thread with so little clues to go on...

This is a concern about people who primarily likes PvP and therefore wants to spend their time mastering one char. People who, like me, do this may have some thought about (as an example) fighting a wz where you're bound to fight with only your class buff active for a considearable amount of time against opponents with an obvious advantage against you.

Sure, give people an advantage from a system that makes sense, but levelling 3 more char through chapter 2 in order to be fully competitive in PvP - silly if you ask me.

lol stop crying.

Not very time consuming to level up characters past the needed act to obtain the class buff.

When it comes to other abilites you need your companion out, so doesnt apply to PvP. When it comes to companion stat bonuses all you need to do is give them gifts to max affection level, do all convo quests and you get the companion stat perks. 1 character is needed for this, because each character gets each type of pet. Tank, melee dps, r-dps, healer.

Starts to get boring listening to all these pis*y little cry babies.

It's not a hard concept. You want the buffs you have to complete a set of pre-requisites. YOU have a CHOICE. If its too much effort you don't get them. Simple.

Obviously you are one of those annoying sh*ts who keep trying to ruin this, and all, mmo's with constant tears about progression/gear/ranks/whatever being linked to achieving things in-game whether that be linked to skill/time/money etc.

Bored of cry babies thinking they deserve everything for free/instantly.

Edited by Phuzz

You're welcome to leave with the rest of us when Diablo 3 comes out; It will be great when this game dies, because maybe they'll get more than 1 thing right after it dies.

I highly doubt this game dies anytime soon. Infact, i welcome you to leave now. ;)

Enjoy posting about the fails of d3 when it comes out just like every other game in the history of gaming.

ps. to the op, you dont have to level alt's all legacy options can be purchased for credits for the people who dont like to play alt's.

im leveling up an operative and chapter 2 starts at level 32. getting a character to 32 only takes a few days...

You apparently need to COMPLETE chapter 2 to have access to the class buffs on your other characters. This is around lev 40ish.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the change that will soon be implemented:

When you enter a warzone you will be cleansed off all class buffs and will only be able to apply the buff native to your class regardless of what you have unlocked by finishing chapter 2 with alts. Outside of warzones everything will stay the same.

Edit: before anybody asks, no, this is just my opinion and purely an assumption

Edited by GenMacG

You can use it a 100%, I have several guildies that are already at 3 buffs and leveling the last class purely to have all 4 buffs available in warzones. Hardcore PVP guilds will probably require you to have all buffs unlocked as it's a huge advantage in warzones. Bioware will change this 100% once they realize the impact on PVP

What is the issue with having access to these buffs in a Warzone? As it stands, you wont necessarily end up with a pug that has all these classes, so from the beginning people are penalized by not having any access. Now you can have all 8 sentinels or sages, or whatever the matchmaker puts you with and still have the buffs available.

The only issue would be world pvp unfairness, but that doesnt exist in this game for the most part. When it does its usually 50s killing lvl 30s on Alderaan or Tattoine, and no amount of buffs will matter in that situation.

The issue is that, excluding the start of the Warzone, people with all 4 buffs unlocked have an advantage over everybody else. In my experience, it's rare that more than 2-3 people spawn at a time (after the start of a match) and even rarer that anybody applies their buffs outside of the spawn. Unless you have all of the buffs yourself or get lucky and spawn with someone who does, you'll be at a disadvantage relative to the people who do have the buffs.

The issue is that, excluding the start of the Warzone, people with all 4 buffs unlocked have an advantage over everybody else..

People that unlocked buffs for four characters already have an advantage over everyone else. It's called knowledge.

Never until now have a seen a MMO company that "punished" people focusing on 1 char and investing whatever time they had in this particular character, until now...

I was amazed when I read about the coming legacy class buff that lets you have all 4 class buffs in one as long as you level 4 char in different classes and finish chapter 2 on them. For starters, who wants to go PvE another 3 chars to be competitive in PvP? I sure as h... don't.

I put this in here because I think scenarios like WZs is where your lack of buffs will hurt the most since you'll most likely take a dirtnab a few times during the game. So am I as a SW to miss out on 5% crit, 5% endurance etc. during most fights? Stats that are very very hard to obtain through other means.

I think it's ridicolous and downright a bad idea. Why should everyone (who can be bothered) have the excact same buffs in the end? To me it makes no sense at all. You may as well remove them.

Bleh and enough with the QQ

noto nly does it ruin the basis of each class having there own unique class buff they have for themselves it also ruins the when you group up its something to look forward to with other players in getting there class buffs.

now you can just buff yourself with all 4 buffs.

this was a stupidly bad move and ruined the aspect of the class buff.

The issue is that, excluding the start of the Warzone, people with all 4 buffs unlocked have an advantage over everybody else.

this

Nobody can argue that it's not an advantage in a warzone. Everybody can obtain it though so it comes down to the question if bioware intends to make serious pvpers unlock all buffs to perform to their absolute potential or it is indeed something they simply didn't think off. Personally I just adjust but I can fully understand if some players wouldn't want to invest considerable time in 3 alts just to buff their beloved main character.

Edited by GenMacG

I frequently hit my buff while running around the field. I strongly encourage you to recommend other people do the same.

That's actually a bad idea with the +Endurance buff. Re-applying the buff first removes the previous instance of the buff from people who already have it, so it effectively deals damage to them (because their max HP gets temporarily reduced and then they have to regen the lost HP normally).

In that case, why do they need an additional advantage?

To encourage people to play alts?

A bulk of the production cost for TOR went into the 1-49 experience. That is how the game is designed. Bioware is encouraging people to play through the game multiple times in order to experience the content.

Consider it a carrot. OH YEAH. I FORGOT. Carrots are only applicable to gear ... ... ...