1.2 legacy class buff is a bummer for 1 char PvPers

Tyksak

Never until now have a seen a MMO company that "punished" people focusing on 1 char and investing whatever time they had in this particular character, until now...

I was amazed when I read about the coming legacy class buff that lets you have all 4 class buffs in one as long as you level 4 char in different classes and finish chapter 2 on them. For starters, who wants to go PvE another 3 chars to be competitive in PvP? I sure as h... don't.

I put this in here because I think scenarios like WZs is where your lack of buffs will hurt the most since you'll most likely take a dirtnab a few times during the game. So am I as a SW to miss out on 5% crit, 5% endurance etc. during most fights? Stats that are very very hard to obtain through other means.

I think it's ridicolous and downright a bad idea. Why should everyone (who can be bothered) have the excact same buffs in the end? To me it makes no sense at all. You may as well remove them.

Bleh and enough with the QQ

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reroll Shadow dude, unless you already have one

- They are making it easier to level up and play the Most OP class ever.

- If you already have a Shadow, then you are already winning.

I fail to see the problem here.

As i understand it the player that has access to all 4 buffs will buff the entire grp with all 4. So why qq, or is this about open-world pvp? If so, there is none in this game so chill out. Edited by Lhaim

lol ^ this guy makes me giggle

You're welcome to leave with the rest of us when Diablo 3 comes out; It will be great when this game dies, because maybe they'll get more than 1 thing right after it dies.

why would anyone leave this game which has PvP (even though there are those that think its just sucks) to a game that has none at launch?

You're welcome to leave with the rest of us when Diablo 3 comes out; It will be great when this game dies, because maybe they'll get more than 1 thing right after it dies.

You mean the game with no PvP?

You're such a gorram frakking troll it's not even funny anymore. Stop your gorram anti-shadow crusade. You've made your (non-existing and without any proof other than you screaming OP at the top of your lungs) point clear in fivehundred and sixty four threads already, so simply stop.

I think a lot of people posting in this thread aren't understanding the OP's concern.

Look at it this way:

I'm in a Warzone. At the start everybody uses their group buffs. We run into battle. I die. Nobody else dies. When I respawn, I can only reapply 1 of the 4 buffs because I don't have any sufficiently high level alts. If I had all of the buffs unlocked, I could reapply all 4.

Personally, I've never been in a Warzone where people in-combat drop what they're doing to reapply their buffs on their recently respawned teammates (and doing so with the +Endurance buff is counterproductive because anyone who already had the buff loses health). With the legacy buff unlocks, anyone without all 4 buffs unlocked will be at a disadvantage (because they'll either need to run around trying to convince their teammates (who are busy) to buff them, or just play with fewer buffs than players who have unlocked all 4 buffs).

Edited by Dzhokhar

I think a lot of people posting in this thread aren't understanding the OP's concern.

Look at it this way:

I'm in a Warzone. At the start everybody uses their group buffs. We run into battle. I die. Nobody else dies. When I respawn, I can only reapply 1 of the 4 buffs because I don't have any sufficiently high level alts. If I had all of the buffs unlocked, I could reapply all 4.

Personally, I've never been in a Warzone where people in-combat drop what they're doing to reapply their buffs on their recently respawned teammates. With the legacy buff unlocks, anyone without all 4 buffs unlocked will be at a disadvantage (because they'll either need to run around trying to convince their teammates (who are busy) to buff them, or just play with fewer buffs than players who have unlocked all 4 buffs).

You can unlock the buffs by leveling a specific class OR by simply unlocking the buff with credits.

Anyone who simply plays 1 char at level 50 for an extended amount of time will have more than enough credits to buy the buffs.

Never until now have a seen a MMO company that "punished" people focusing on 1 char and investing whatever time they had in this particular character, until now...

I was amazed when I read about the coming legacy class buff that lets you have all 4 class buffs in one as long as you level 4 char in different classes and finish chapter 2 on them. For starters, who wants to go PvE another 3 chars to be competitive in PvP? I sure as h... don't.

I put this in here because I think scenarios like WZs is where your lack of buffs will hurt the most since you'll most likely take a dirtnab a few times during the game. So am I as a SW to miss out on 5% crit, 5% endurance etc. during most fights? Stats that are very very hard to obtain through other means.

I think it's ridicolous and downright a bad idea. Why should everyone (who can be bothered) have the excact same buffs in the end? To me it makes no sense at all. You may as well remove them.

Bleh and enough with the QQ

You got it wrong. Those "benefits" won't apply in PvP. They will be dependent on situations where you have your companion with you some, or when you level a new toon others. But never in PvP

You got it wrong. Those "benefits" won't apply in PvP. They will be dependent on situations where you have your companion with you some, or when you level a new toon others. But never in PvP

Actually the devs already stated that the buffs will be usable in warzones. That's why people are arguing over wheter the rocket boosts will be.

Someone with multiple high-level chars on PTR could confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that limitation only applies to the Legacy Abilities like Force Choke and Dirty Kick. The Legacy buff enhancements apply all of the time.

Step 1: PvP with other classes.

Step 2: Get buffs.

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Come to the forums and whine because you still suck.

When Person A is rewarded for something they did, that doesn't mean that Person B is being punished because they didn't do that thing. When you miss a day of work and you don't have any vacation or sick time left, do you consider that you're being punished because your coworkers got paid and you didn't?

There's a way for you to get the buffs outside of the legacy system that's much easier than leveling 4 characters into the 40's. Stop being an entitled brat about people who are going to put in a massive amount of effort for a relatively small reward.

You can unlock the buffs by leveling a specific class OR by simply unlocking the buff with credits.

Anyone who simply plays 1 char at level 50 for an extended amount of time will have more than enough credits to buy the buffs.

I don't think you can buy the buffs with credits. The character race unlocks you can, but not the buffs.

On topic. Legacy is intended to encourage people to play alts. Everything about it screams this, loudly. Bioware invested a ton of money on voice acting and pushing the class story, and Legacy is merely an incentive to get people to try other classes, and see the story based content they worked so hard on.

If you choose not to do it, that's fine. But make no mistake, Legacy is a way to encourage people to keep leveling new characters and make use of the 1-50 content they spent so much time on. That's all it's for.

Are you absolutely certain of that?

I'm pretty sure the devs have said that only some of the Legacy unlocks can be purchased with credits. As far as I know, the only ones they've confirmed as being purchasable are the ones that can only be purchased (like ship droids), and unlocks for specific Race/Class combinations (which, as I read it, are limited to a single combination, unlike the unlock for getting to level 50, which unlocks a race for all classes).

That's fine that Bioware want us to try out the other classes and level up alts, keep playing the game and seeing the rest of their content. But the legacy buffs should all be convenience things.

Something like having the self-buff from all four classes definitely makes a difference in PvP, and especially so with rated WZs coming up. Sure you'll get them all at the start, but if you die and spawn by yourself it's a different matter. So (assuming this does apply to WZs) they're kinda requiring people to level up three alts for a while if they want to have the best stats possible, and I thought the idea was to move away from requiring PvE for PvP.

Edited by Zeel_Aldair