Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these days some sharp developer is going to make an SWG 2 with all the polish of a SWTOR/WOW like combat system but with all the sandbox elements of SWG like housing/cities, real crafting and a randomized loot table and a long term viable pvp engame revolving around territory.

Where are you, Raph Koster?? Your people need you!

It's interesting, Mr. William Wallace, that you included Han and Leia's children in the "Skywalker Legacy". How was it, then, that they did not have to have the surname, too?

Jacen Solo

<The Skywalker Legacy>

Please, separate surnames from Legacy name. Thanks.

This, a thousand times over. Please make surnames a separate thing from legacy names, and make them non-unique and character-specific via a surname NPC or whatever.

Also, allow characters from other legacies to be added to the family tree, thus linking players via family ties. Giving people a roleplay/social feature that they can only use with their own alts is kinda pointless. :confused:

Titles connecting your characters to your buddies' characters who are in the same family tree would be a nice reward as legacy unlocks once these issues are dealt with (think "Leia, sister of Luke" walking around together with "Han, spouse of Leia" or whatever, instead of just being invisibly related to some alt who is always offline anyway).

The family tree is a nice idea, but with the restriction on surnames, and being essentially a single player feature (does it have any visible manifestations outside one's own screen?) the current implementation makes it pretty irrelevant. :(

Might as well deal with those two pretty minor tweaks and make the most out of the feature you've already put so much time into.

I'm looking forward to it, I really am! But I don't foresee my family tree having any married couples like the one in the screenshot because I only play female characters. Oh well I guess it's up to my companions to propagate my legacy. *cracks whip* Get to work, Quinn!

(For the record, I never really had the sense that my characters even knew each other in any way. I can't think of any that would even get along, haha. I mean, my warrior and inq would probably hate each other being that one is dark and one is light. My light warrior wouldn't even like my light bounty hunter because the bh doesn't give a toss about the empire. My inq and and consular would probably attack each other on sight.)

Edited by grania

I really love this idea. But my big question is what if all of your current classes are different races? Can you still "have children" or "marry"? And what if two different characters are different speices, can they be considered brothers/sisters?

I'm looking forward to it, I really am! But I don't foresee my family tree having any married couples like the one in the screenshot because I only play female characters. Oh well I guess it's up to my companions to propagate my legacy. *cracks whip* Get to work, Quinn!

(For the record, I never really had the sense that my characters even knew each other in any way. I can't think of any that would even get along, haha. I mean, my warrior and inq would probably hate each other being that one is dark and one is light. My light warrior wouldn't even like my light bounty hunter because the bh doesn't give a toss about the empire. My inq and and consular would probably attack each other on sight.)

They don't have to get along to be family you know, trust me i know...

Make your SI and SW brothers that don't get along :)

Edited by deags

They don't have to get along to be family you know, trust me i know...

Make your SI and SW brothers that don't get along :)

Well sisters, but yeah :) Though one is human and one is rattataki *scratches head* I'm just going to pretend my "family" is like some weird cult or something.

And anyway how do our companions fit into this equation? You marry them in your class story but then you can marry one of your alts? Lol this gets crazier the more I think about it.

This, a thousand times over. Please make surnames a separate thing from legacy names, and make them non-unique and character-specific via a surname NPC or whatever.

Also, allow characters from other legacies to be added to the family tree, thus linking players via family ties. Giving people a roleplay/social feature that they can only use with their own alts is kinda pointless. :confused:

Titles connecting your characters to your buddies' characters who are in the same family tree would be a nice reward as legacy unlocks once these issues are dealt with (think "Leia, sister of Luke" walking around together with "Han, spouse of Leia" or whatever, instead of just being invisibly related to some alt who is always offline anyway).

The family tree is a nice idea, but with the restriction on surnames, and being essentially a single player feature (does it have any visible manifestations outside one's own screen?) the current implementation makes it pretty irrelevant. :(

Might as well deal with those two pretty minor tweaks and make the most out of the feature you've already put so much time into.

This has been asked for so many time, particularly by me, that I'm almost sick of it now. It's such an obviously stupid choice to tie surname to the Legacy system.

And before I thought the family tree thing was forced, but now they have allies and rivals? So my character's enemies now have share a surname? This choice bugs me to no end.

Surnames should be separate from the Legacy system!

Now I also see a huge problem with Legacy as currently implement which is this: It discourages players from making new characters on other servers because they lose the benefits of their legacy when they do so.

Legacy should be implemented account wide.

Edited by Drakonnen

This has been asked for so many time, particularly by me, that I'm almost sick of it now. It's such an obviously stupid choice to tie surname to the Legacy system.

And before I thought the family tree thing was forced, but now they have allies and rivals? So my character's enemies now have share a surname? This choice bugs me to no end.

Now I also see a huge problem with Legacy as currently implement which is this: It discourages players from making new characters on other servers because they lose the benefits of their legacy when they do so. Legacy should be implemented account wide.

I dont agree that legacy should be implemented account wide because then it will get so out of control that players would just keep starting new character that are already over powered simply just to get some random power or ability. Not to mention it will encourage players to just simply create power characters and not stick to an actual "family treestory line". I do think it needs some improvements, but nothing so extreme as making it account wide. I have two characters on different accounts. If anything this will just make me try to play them both equally as much to create two different story lines instead of a singular story.

Surnames should be separate from the Legacy system!

Now I also see a huge problem with Legacy as currently implement which is this: It discourages players from making new characters on other servers because they lose the benefits of their legacy when they do so.

Legacy should be implemented account wide.

Amen brother amen!

I dont agree that legacy should be implemented account wide because then it will get so out of control that players would just keep starting new character that are already over powered simply just to get some random power or ability.

That doesn't make any sense because people are already going to make 8 characters to get those unlocks, and wouldn't have to make more to get them.

Not to mention it will encourage players to just simply create power characters and not stick to an actual "family treestory line".

Let me let you in on a little secret: The family tree storyline idea? It sucks, and here is why:

Each of your characters starts out at the same time frame in the story, and as they progress in their story, the timeline progresses with them. It's not set up to be generational or consecutive, its set up to run concurrent. So my young Sith apprentice grew into a powerful Dark Lord Warrior, then had a son, and in 18-20 years he grew up to be a Jedi and somehow came into the story at the same exact time when he starts in game?

Oh please.

not hate man, sympathy. for the lack of what some might say appears as anything else...

I can't say i'd ever wish to advertise let alone take any form of pride from such an underachievement...

how many hours played? ... do you sleep or eat? ... maybe you are not the only person who played?

But this is all off topic and i have already been given warnings...GL on getting more alts in the upcoming 1.2 legacy release...

I can't say I'm surprised that you have been given warnings, the bitterness is strong in you.

Edited by System_TOR

Ok so if my main is a Twi'lek. How can I say that my brother is a human or sith pureblood? I can see how the Anakin - Luke family tree played out, but I just don't see it happening with my character.

I'm pretty sure this means its now cannon that every race in the Star Wars universe can now mate with one another....

I'm pretty sure this means its now cannon that every race in the Star Wars universe can now mate with one another....

I can't wait until I can make my new trooper, I wonder what half-cathar half twi'lek babies look like.

That doesn't make any sense because people are already going to make 8 characters to get those unlocks, and wouldn't have to make more to get them.

Let me let you in on a little secret: The family tree storyline idea? It sucks, and here is why:

Each of your characters starts out at the same time frame in the story, and as they progress in their story, the timeline progresses with them. It's not set up to be generational or consecutive, its set up to run concurrent. So my young Sith apprentice grew into a powerful Dark Lord Warrior, then had a son, and in 18-20 years he grew up to be a Jedi and somehow came into the story at the same exact time when he starts in game?

Oh please.

Got it... its going to happen anyway. But that doesnt mean that there arent players out there that actually would like to have a great MMo with a huge story line like this can give us. And as for the the whole time line deal, I oviously have to conceed that to you. But again, I still like the idea of having a story that surrounds ALL of my toons and not just a one or two of them. You say "oh please". I say "its about time!"

A level 50 human should be good for one race unlock of choice... because otherwise all of us who rolled human get nothing for hitting 50.

Hopefully the credit cost for race isn't too much... because I was really looking forward to rolling Miraluka Sniper or something... and all my chars are imps. Mostly human. One cyborg. Yeah...

I had thought that racial unlocks were going to be Race to 50 OR Legacy level X OR credit price, not Race to 50 OR (Legacy level X AND credit price).

Edited by Randomness

A level 50 human should be good for one race unlock of choice... because otherwise all of us who rolled human get nothing for hitting 50.

Hopefully the credit cost for race isn't too much... because I was really looking forward to rolling Miraluka Sniper or something... and all my chars are imps. Mostly human. One cyborg. Yeah...

I had thought that racial unlocks were going to be Race to 50 OR Legacy level X OR credit price, not Race to 50 OR (Legacy level X AND credit price).

I agree. I'm really annoyed that this was not disclosed to us before hand, so many of us have lost out now as a result.