The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I love SWTOR

Nebachadnezzer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I enjoy SWTOR so much. When we read some of the whining comments in the forum, it reminds us of some of our relatives and coworkers. Some people, no matter what you do or try, they'll keep complaining. It's in their DNA I guess... I mean, sometimes they put so much energy to hate or bash something, it's borderline insane or pathetic!

I swear, if I pass too much time in the swtor forum, I become so depressed hahaha! Alright, time to go back to SWTOR! Have fun all! :jawa_wink:

I have to agree with you some folks cannot be pleased when it comes to games. I have no proof of this but I'm willing to bet that folks with more than 20 hours/week (and apparently in some cases MUCH more than 20) to devote to gaming make up the majority of those who just cannot be pleased.

I'm in the same boat as one other poster on this thread though, i don't have enough time to do what I want to do before the wife kicks me off to take care of RL stuff. I don't even have a ton to level 30 yet because I keep wanting to roll an alt and see their story, on both factions. This game has my interest for sure and seems to be off to a solid launch, as long as you compare it to the actual launches of other MMOs rather than MMOs that have been around for years.

**RAISES SHIELDS**

**Prepares to be labelled a FanBOI**

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!

Wish my wife would hit 50....

I wanted to love it and I tried not to hate it. I actually planned to play this game forever. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait for my cancelled sub to expire.

Funny how life works :p I am glad you are enjoying it tho and I hope that perhaps one day after many more patches this game will be something that I can enjoy.

Thats a bummer for you Starglide. I am simply not havign that experiance. I am willing to admit some people are having your experiance. One of my friends who I thought sure woudl lvoe this game actually doesnt like it and quit. It was sad, but it happens. When I played wow he loved it and we played together, but one of my toher good freinds played it and quit because he just coudlnt get into it. that sucked too. He loves SWTOR and we are having a great time.

I just really enjoy it. I have a level 50 Bh and a level 50 scoundrel and am haveing a blast at level 50. I will probably make more alts after 1.2 using the new legacy system. Some people seem to have nothing to do. i dont know what to say to that. Its not the experiance I am having. I dont seem to have enough time to get things done that i want to do before my wife kicks me off for playing too long. anyway, sorry guy. I hope 1.2 makes the game better for ya.

I hear you and with your style a play, SWTOR is excellent for you. From what I have gathered, for altaholics and people who love to level, SWTOR is a dream. But a reason why a lot of people have the adverse reaction is due to the fact that the game lacks the MMO part.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with your demographic as I appreciate any type of player. But for an MMO love, SWTOR is simply not for them.

SWTOR is a solo game with co-op. It is not an MMO with the ability to solo (which it should be). Their priorities are too focused on the RPG elements. Their target audience are Star Wars lovers, single player lovers and the casual. They should have just made this a console game and I can almost guarentee, that if a vote was held, most people enjoying the game would be IN FAVOR or rather play it on a console.

Yet, with all this said, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a developer to respond. They never respond to issues we request addressing, they answer horrible questions on Friday (when they should be directly interacting with the community and threads such as mine that have exceeded thousands of posts of speculation) and completely avoid troubles that warrant an answer such as the game lacking MMO.

I hear you and with your style a play, SWTOR is excellent for you. From what I have gathered, for altaholics and people who love to level, SWTOR is a dream. But a reason why a lot of people have the adverse reaction is due to the fact that the game lacks the MMO part.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with your demographic as I appreciate any type of player. But for an MMO love, SWTOR is simply not for them.

SWTOR is a solo game with co-op. It is not an MMO with the ability to solo (which it should be). Their priorities are too focused on the RPG elements. Their target audience are Star Wars lovers, single player lovers and the casual. They should have just made this a console game and I can almost guarentee, that if a vote was held, most people enjoying the game would be IN FAVOR or rather play it on a console.

Yet, with all this said, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a developer to respond. They never respond to issues we request addressing, they answer horrible questions on Friday (when they should be directly interacting with the community and threads such as mine that have exceeded thousands of posts of speculation) and completely avoid troubles that warrant an answer such as the game lacking MMO.

Um...No. Source? This is so much and MMO. In my experience, so far. My Gf love's logging in and seeing 50-60 online(in guild). I think BW nailed it right on the head when it come to the design of their game. I for one am so glad the have resisted the whine from the boards and are going full steam ahead with their design

I mostly PvP in MMOs Starglide, I pvp'd in SWG for years, pvp'd constantly in wow on multiple alts for soemthing like 5 years +. I love MMOs, and have done most MMO things but like another poster observed, players who play more then 20 hours might be running into problems with this game. Maybe future games as well. MMOs have evloved to fit a wider demographic. Its not like it was in the SWG/EQ days. Now MMOs can bring in BIG money and fit a massive demographic. I guess I evolved with them. I no longer have 60 hours a week to level a character. I play about 25 hours a week and that may be pushing it as far as my wife and kids are concerned :)

BTW my 16 year old plays SWTOR, my 12 year old plays DCUO and my 5 year old plays freerealms, so we are a gaming household.

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!...

I love it too, but the end-game is a bit of a let-down and I'm having more fun leveling up an alt than playing my main. Really looking forward to new content.

And let-down notwithstanding, my life continues to revolve around SWTOR, as it has since December. And I'm getting 2 hours less sleep a night than I used to.

I love it too, but the end-game is a bit of a let-down and I'm having more fun leveling up an alt than playing my main. Really looking forward to new content.

And let-down notwithstanding, my life continues to revolve around SWTOR, as it has since December. And I'm getting 2 hours less sleep a night than I used to.

I pvp alot so I STILL havent finished act 2 on a single character, and I have 2 level 50s. I dont know I still find im too busy in game to get to it. I will eventually.

I really don't love it at all, I quite dislike it actually.

I don't think dislove is a word... but I dislove SWTOR

And yet, here you are. Browsing the forum, bumping my post for me (thankyou), and immersing yourself in the culture of SWTOR players.

When I stopped playing STO I didnt go to the forum. I didnt log into the game or the website, even though I still had months left. I didnt complain how they failed. I am sure they already knew thier own weak points. I simply left because I was done.

You arnt done here I think, or you woulndt be lingring in the forums telling everyone how much you hate being here.

And yet, here you are. Browsing the forum, bumping my post for me (thankyou), and immersing yourself in the culture of SWTOR players.

When I stopped playing STO I didnt go to the forum. I didnt log into the game or the website, even though I still had months left. I didnt complain how they failed. I am sure they already knew thier own weak points. I simply left because I was done.

You arnt done here I think, or you woulndt be lingring in the forums telling everyone how much you hate being here.

I like the SWTOR players and hanging around them. I just dislike the game.

I won't be done here until GW2 releases.

I enjoy this game probably too much , I get nasty looks from my wife when I say, im gonna go play now.

She doesnt complain much , because I play with my daughter.

Tried to get wife to play, but she cant get past the starter world.

My advise is this, if you want your wife to play, you will need to sacrifice time to play WITH her. In other words, make a new character at the same time she does and do the quest with her and level at her pace. This will most likely hook her. Wives like to do things with their guys. This is also quite a bit of fun.

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!

Wish my wife would hit 50....

wow,this sums up my situation precisely

Down to wishing my wife would hit 50 already! She's just got 40, just 10 more levels!