Is the Darth Jadus bug too big for BW to fix?

Rastellon

The Darth Jadus bug has been known since the first beta. A long time ago. I have noticed nice

improvements the many other bugs in the game and i Know its getting better. But why do you not just move him? Or find another NPC somewhere and make him Darth Jadus. Just curious as to why it takes you more than 6 months to fix. 600 million dollar question.

The Darth Jadus bug has been known since the first beta. A long time ago. I have noticed nice

improvements the many other bugs in the game and i Know its getting better. But why do you not just move him? Or find another NPC somewhere and make him Darth Jadus. Just curious as to why it takes you more than 6 months to fix. 600 million dollar question.

I am inclined to think that they just don't care because people have found ways around it.

It's amazing that a game breaking bug that every IA runs into is still in the game. Seems like they can't fix it. So remove the boss from the game, and put in a normal NPC in it's place. Edited by Notannos
language

What is the "Darth Jadus bug"? I recall playing through my Imperial Agent through the Darth Jadus story line and I do not recall any kind of a "game breaking bug", even in the instances where you run into a room and Jadus is standing there waiting for you to engage them in a story conversation.

Or are there multiple Darth Jadus characters? I only got my IA up to about level 18 or 19 before I switched servers and have not created a new IA character on the new server yet.

Is this perhaps some kind of intermittent issue that only occurs in certain setups or configurations? Maybe an intermittent issue like the ones that are so difficult to nail down since you can't reliably duplicate the issue on your own end, meaning it's hard to troubleshoot it even when in debug mode and watching every elemental interaction at the same time on a developer system?

Edited by Kubernetic

What is the "Darth Jadus bug"? I recall playing through my Imperial Agent through the Darth Jadus story line and I do not recall any kind of a "game breaking bug", even in the instances where you run into a room and Jadus is standing there waiting for you to engage them in a story conversation.

It's been a while but from I can remember there was some targeting issue where I couldn't target him from a distance. I had to run up to the platform he was on to fight him. Made it very hard to play. I seem to recall that I was able to win while standing right on top of him and there would be times he wouldn't hit me if I was in his face. I just remember it being very buggy but I managed to finish him off.

I'm actually surprised it's still there. I recall thinking that it was potentially game breaking but apparently most people are just finding ways to work around it. If the numbers show that a vast majority of players are getting through this, maybe BW doesn't see it as a top priority thing.

I am *stunned*, jusy simply *stunned* that this is still bugged.

This is the mob for the climactic fight at the conclusion of Chapter 1 of the Imperial Agent Class Story. He is bugged by having an LOS issue where he can't be hit unless you are essentially on top of him. You know, for the SNIPER chapter 1 fight you have to crawl into his shirt to attack him. As a Sniper... (Ops too, I know.)

As the owner of a Lvl 50 Sniper, I can tell you I was very angry about this bug at the time (pure rage) and can't imagine that a LOS issue at such a critical juncture of the vaunted "BW Story" hasn't been fixed yet. This bug is really bad for Snipers, who depend on distance and setting the table for fights. Ops would generally need to get close regardless, so I imagine it's less of an issue.

If this was a Sith Sorc issue, it would have been fixed a long time ago. Just shows, when you play one of the least played classes, you get nothing from the dev.

I love the game, playing, having fun...

But, this is embarrassing, BW. Get off your rear and fix a *MAJOR* glitch in a class story line chapter climax. Wow. I still can't believe they haven't fixed this.

They are too busy to fix those in favor of dealing with their prefer customers (aka casuals, "angry looters" and the like).

GL with that =D

PS: Ivory is still hanging on most Smuggler Ship, same Bel mob (part of the 50 dailies) are still evading... yawn.

It's in 1.2 . If you read the patch notes currently in the PTS, it states:

"Defender of the Empire: Line of sight issues when engaging 'The Eagle' on the bridge of his ship have been resolved."

I think this is a mistake. You don't fight The Eagle on his ship. You fight him on Hutta. I think they meant the Eagle's benefactor. I also don't remember having LOS issues with The Eagle, while his benefactor was a serious PITA for my Operative.

Anyone confirm this on the PTS?

It's fixed. Stop crying.

LOL, I sure get a kick out of some of the people on this forum who cannot stand to see a discussion without trying to call someone a whiner. There isn't a single issue that can be discussed here without these kind of people adding their discord with what appears to be any subject imaginable.

Thanks for the heads up folks, as I am leveling my agent these days. Thanks to this thread I am now aware of the bug and that there is a work around if it is still there when I get to that point in the story.

I will stop crying now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stugotz

Unforunately fixed too late and as a result my second agent has been forced to "JOIN" with Darth Jadus rather than go through that buggy encounter for what would normally be a second time but due to the nature of the encounter it would have been the 20th time i think.

it's not game breaking. but it is annoying that you have to look up the 'trick' to get him out of this LoS issue.

All I did was send my companion to attack him. Once she was in range, and aggro'd him, I would put her on passive and if I did it at the right time. She wouldn't get hit, and instantly teleport back to me.

This aggros him and he starts charging at you. It's only from his initial spawn point that he has this LoS issue. Once he moves(from either you attacking him, or like i said, getting your companion to) the issue is gone. So then you can continue on with the fight as normal(which is a very tough fight, at least it was for me. i had to do a lot of kiting).

It's in 1.2 . If you read the patch notes currently in the PTS, it states:

I think this is a mistake. You don't fight The Eagle on his ship. You fight him on Hutta. I think they meant the Eagle's benefactor. I also don't remember having LOS issues with The Eagle, while his benefactor was a serious PITA for my Operative.

Anyone confirm this on the PTS?

Sounds like they are trying to avoid spoilers in the patch notes, and replacing Jadus with 'The Eagle'. This bug had me swearing up a storm. There were definite LOS issues for me when fighting Jadus. Ironically, the only way I could get past this was to block Jadus' LOS with the computer terminals.

Not fixed.

Im playing an operative, and i noticed how i could not backsstab him at all.

Can't see target.

Couden't hit him at al.

Had to run away to get him moving.

How can such a bug still be there after 4 months in to the actual game?