why all the DOOM? and an end game thought

Amyyardan

so the game has been out now ... what 3 or 5 months? and all I see is DOOM on this forums. Reminds me of the SWG forums back in the day but really come on im on mind trick the pop is good pvp is good im loving the game yes there’s bugs and what game has not come out with some but did you not see all the fixes in 1.2? im sure they will fix more.

I agree there’s a lot to be done but there’s a LOT to do in game until it gets done by the devs...

I like to see some end game mobs a lot like swg did with kyat Dragons. solo and group that drop stuff that help with making guns, sabers, armor and so on. I had a lot of fun hunting them down. like the tissues helped enhance the Mod that we than put into the gun.

open world no FP please

IDK just a thought

so the game has been out now ... what 3 or 5 months? and all I see is DOOM on this forums. Reminds me of the SWG forums back in the day but really come on im on mind trick the pop is good pvp is good im loving the game yes there’s bugs and what game has not come out with some but did you not see all the fixes in 1.2? im sure they will fix more.

I agree there’s a lot to be done but there’s a LOT to do in game until it gets done by the devs...

I like to see some end game mobs a lot like swg did with kyat Dragons. solo and group that drop stuff that help with making guns, sabers, armor and so on. I had a lot of fun hunting them down. like the tissues helped enhance the Mod that we than put into the gun.

open world no FP please

IDK just a thought

People on the General Discussion are something else. But if you notice on the other sections people are very positive about the game. They don't waste their time to deem this game down as something negative. This game is only expanding.

open world no FP please

IDK just a thought

If you fix the grammar, I may read your post.

From what I can tell, I agree, but not sure.

Why all the doom? Because bioware seems to be dodging/ignoring all the important issues and instead keeps on bragging about upcoming content which consists of nothing special and all of it is basically regular stuff that ships with every other mmo at launch. Thats why.

Why all the doom? Because bioware seems to be dodging/ignoring all the important issues and instead keeps on bragging about upcoming content which consists of nothing special and all of it is basically regular stuff that ships with every other mmo at launch. Thats why.

not true, they just aren't making the game exactly how YOU think it should be. If you don't like it, move along. I, and a million other people with me, think it's fantastic.

Just because they do not send you personal email or call you directly on the phone, does not mean they are not listening.

The 1.2 patch alone has soooo many things in that people have requested on these forums that it proves they are listening. Just because they didn't get every single thing you wanted in 1 patch also doesn't mean they are not listening.

not true, they just aren't making the game exactly how YOU think it should be. If you don't like it, move along. I, and a million other people with me, think it's fantastic.

Except it wont be a million other people with that attitude.

Also if you tried to look at this game on it's own merit instead of nerd-drooling at the star wars in the title... you might do it some good.

Edited by Grickus

Sorry about the grammar. I love this game yes I miss a lot of the cool stuff from SWG like housing, krayt hunting, night sisters, open space battles, and open worlds but this is not SWG and it is not WoW.

I’m afraid that all the doom players are on the forums and all the players that are having fun are playing the game and not posting about how much fun they are having!

because people are used to having no game experience in any mmo...then a MASSIVE awesome endgame..

where as in SWTOR..there is an awesome leveling experience, then not much endgame. I think game experience whilst leveling beats any endgame any day of the week :)

because people are used to having no game experience in any mmo...then a MASSIVE awesome endgame..

where as in SWTOR..there is an awesome leveling experience, then not much endgame. I think game experience whilst leveling beats any endgame any day of the week :)

:ph_agree:

I think all the Doom talk is because the game really isn't very good.

And a HUGE number of people have a lot to complain about.

Yes there are many people who do like it... There is a group of people who like virtually anything you can think of on the planet.

(This is in anticipation of all the people who will go "WELL DURR I DUNNO WUT UR PROBLEM IS BUT I LUV THIS GAME DURRR IZ SO GOOD LIGHTSABRES PEW PEW I HATE WOW"... even though this game is really very similar to WoW in MANY MANY aspects)

Most people who disregard all these complaints as people being "spoiled" or "used to WoW" are extremely ignorant.

Here are 2 forum threads that can give you an idea of what people are talking about.

And why they firmly believe that the game is on a downward trend into oblivion or f2p

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=233714

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1478869

(Can't find original "ability delay" thread)

It is also important to note that Bioware completely denied any of these things where even problems in the first place.

(for example they claimed only 5% of people actually had performance issues... they also originally claimed High res textures being in the game at all was a bug in the first place... They also originally denied the existence of Ability delay...)

Really there are many more things about the game that are contributing to this but... The reality is a lot of people including myself who are very avid gamers who demand quality and are willing to pay top dollar for what we want.... DO NOT LIKE THIS GAME.

Like I said before though... some do... many people also play farmville...

Normally a game just not being very good wouldn't be grounds to write it off so quickly.. But this game supposedly had a budget of over 500 million dollars, (who knows what numbers are accurate) was very highly anticipated and made a whole lot of claims during development about how different it was going to be compared to most MMO's... It really let a lot of people down.

Edited by KurleyKilla

Most people who disregard all these complaints as people being "spoiled" or "used to WoW" are extremely ignorant.

Ah yes, that is ignorant. But this isn't?:

Yes there are many people who do like it... There is a group of people who like virtually anything you can think of on the planet.

or

Get over yourself...

Ah yes, that is ignorant. But this isn't?:

or

Get over yourself...

If you actually know the definition of the word.... none of what you quoted is ignorant...

edit: This is actually another reason I believe this game is doomed.

Those that don't like it can calmly explain why and give good examples.

A lot of the people who do.. will immediately attack you and then not really respond to any of your arguments with legitimate counter-points....

Edited by KurleyKilla

I think all the Doom talk is because the game really isn't very good.

And a HUGE number of people have a lot to complain about.

(This is in anticipation of all the people who will go "WELL DURR I DUNNO WUT UR PROBLEM IS BUT I LUV THIS GAME DURRR IZ SO GOOD LIGHTSABRES PEW PEW I HATE WOW"... even though this game is really very similar to WoW in MANY MANY aspects)

Here are 2 forum threads that can give you an idea of what people are talking about.

And why they firmly believe that the game is on a downward trend into oblivion or f2p

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=233714

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1478869

Really there are many more things about the game that are contributing to this but... The reality is a lot of people including myself who are very avid gamers who demand quality and are willing to pay top dollar for what we want.... DO NOT LIKE THIS GAME.

Normally a game just not being very good wouldn't be grounds to write it off so quickly.. But this game supposedly had a budget of over 500 million dollars, (who knows what numbers are accurate) was very highly anticipated and made a whole lot of claims during development about how different it was going to be compared to most MMO's... It really let a lot of people down.

By your logic anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. I love this game, you doomsayers are not the whole community. The vocal minority are always complaining about something. It's the same on every mmo. How about instead of being negative all the time, why not be constructive?

By your logic anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. I love this game, you doomsayers are not the whole community. The vocal minority are always complaining about something. It's the same on every mmo. How about instead of being negative all the time, why not be constructive?

I have given many constructive criticisms on how to improve this game.

LFG tool is on the way.

Cross server WZ also on the way.

Really though I shouldn't have to be a major part in developing and fixing this game that is so severely lacking... They really didn't think people would want a LFG queue??? They had a WZ queue......

As a consumer who invested over 100 dollars to purchase and play the game including game time... I'm not interested in constructively telling them all the ways they have a ****ed up... I will just move on when my time runs out.

And nowhere in my post did I say anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot... I basically said different strokes for different folks...

Are you familiar with what a "strawman" is?

Edited by KurleyKilla

A lot of the people who do.. will immediately attack you and then not really respond to any of your arguments with legitimate counter-points....

Reminds me of the AoC forums three months after release.

He no doubt has been constructive; stop blinding yourself with the slightest bit of negativity. Edited by Ansultares

so you guys are upset over how the game looks? im at work and cant read them 100% but that was the just i got.

i agree i thought it was lacking but who cares if the content is good and you have fun playing the game?

you may have good point but ask yourself "am i having Fun" becouse i am and to say im extremely ignorant becouse i dont agree with you is silly.

If you actually know the definition of the word.... none of what you quoted is ignorant...

edit: This is actually another reason I believe this game is doomed.

Alright, ignorant, I can give you that. None of what you said is untrue. But why did you put it in that context, could you clarify? I think SWTOR is a damn fine game and a high quality mmorpg. I'm definately not someone who just smiles at everything that gets thrown at me, I'm a passionate gamer and I don't have a Facebook account. It's a bit hard to tell from your post, but you're agreeing that there are people, with atleast the same "high standards" as you, who very much enjoys this game?

You were just trying to be a little provocative, huh?

Alright, ignorant, I can give you that. None of what you said is untrue. But why did you put it in that context, could you clarify? I think SWTOR is a damn fine game and a high quality mmorpg. I'm definately not someone who just smiles at everything that gets thrown at me, I'm a passionate gamer and I don't have a Facebook account. It's a bit hard to tell from your post, but you're agreeing that there are people, with atleast the same "high standards" as you, who very much enjoys this game?

You were just trying to be a little provocative, huh?

The thing is, I'm not saying I never liked the game at all for even a moment.

I had a couple glowing recommendations from friends who, like yourself. Had only played a small portion of the game, and found it extremely fun! (they aren't playing anymore)

I have a lvl 46 vanguard and 2 lvl 20 something toons. Obviously at certain points there was fun to be had.

Warzones were fun for me, I love pvp.. That is what I do. Problem though... the game doesn't let you duel anywhere? Warzone lag was near unbearable at the beginning and has only become slightly better. Ability delay also cast a cloud over the PVP experience.

The flashpoints were alright at first too, plenty of fun to be had (even though they are really NO DIFFERENT from a WoW instance). Until I encountered those line of site bugs, and eventually when my server population dwindled... no teams forming!... why no LFG tool? I really don't get that... It's on the way I know but... *** dude... You have a warzone queue for similar reasons... ??!??

Add in the high rez texture debacle and biowares disgusting denial of ability delay and performance issues... and you have one pissed off consumer.

I really and truly cannot understand how anyone who has "taste" (of course taste is a subjective thing) can tolerate this game in the long term.

Yes people will have their fun for a little while, but if you are hardcore. (yes 4 hours a day, say what you like but.. I have a full time job and a girlfriend) their is nothing to keep you playing this game. Not right now anyway... and I am totally unwilling to pay money to wait for something to be good.

The little pictures that show your talent skills are recycled between the various classes... Do most people care about that? Probably not... But things like that add flavor to the different classes...

Do most people who aren't gamers even know about the High Res texture debacle or even understand it at all? Apparently not... They called High Res textures a bug...

I do not and WILL not tolerate these things... as a long time consumer of the industry... and knowing what else is out there, why would I?

Edited by KurleyKilla

It's all good Gw2 will be out soon and all the doomsayers will

Move to their forums And the cycle will continue

I think gamers in general have overly high expectations

And think that their ideas have importance which it doesn't

It's like the Me3 ending drama

Player frothing at the mouth because the ending wasn't to their liking

I say accept The game for what it is entertainment

And if your Not having fun why are you Still Here

Also to the guy above 4hrs a day

Is casual not hardcore

Edited by denpic

It's all good Gw2 will be out soon and all the doomsayers will

Move to their forums And the cycle will continue

I think gamers in general have overly high expectations

And think that their ideas have importance which it doesn't

It's like the Me3 ending drama

Player frothing at the mouth because the ending wasn't to their liking

I say accept The game for what it is entertainment

And if your Not having fun why are you Still Here

No thing is I see some of the Doomsayers trash TOR and talk about how great WoW is and five minutes later they are over at the WoW forum trashing WoW and talking about how great TOR is.

That is the game to them that is why they pay their subscriptions and that is why BioWare needs to close the General forum.