The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Changed to a server with high pop, NEW GAME!

Bafucin

I was so angry and sick of this game playing on my first server. Everyday the pop was going down. Before I left the fleet was down to 30-35...

I then changed server and enter the first planet and the pop is 68, level up and enter fleet and it's +220!!!

LFG? No problem!

Empty market? Nooooooooooope! Full of items! And with normal prices!!!

PvP taking long time? Hell no! Fast!!!

So I'm going to re-sub when I get back home from my vacation!

:D Tho I still don't like the armour design in 1.2 :D

"OMG BW! Do something! The queues are huge! WE NEED MORE SERVERS!"

BW: But once the initial rush ends, the pops will drop and then you'd have many light servers, just bare with the queues for now.

"NO! GIAVE SRVERS NAU!"

BW: Sigh... fine.

"OMG! THE SERVERS ARE EMPTY!"

BW: ...

Bioware needs to do something about that. The longer they wait the worse for them and their customers.

It comes to a point where the players need to take action as well. If you're on a low population server, then you should've moved by now. Grab your friends and/or your guild and get out. Go to the bigger servers; I doubt you'll regret it. You'll have a much better and probably faster levelling experience and you'll have more fun levelling with your friends, if possible.

BW: But once the initial rush ends, the pops will drop and then you'd have many light servers, just bare with the queues for now.

"NO! GIAVE SRVERS NAU!"

This is what happened. This is also why I moved my guild from Keller's Void or something like that to Mind Trick during Early Access. Everyone threw a fit, but now they don't know what crisis I saved them from. I'm awesome.

"NO! GIAVE SRVERS NAU!"

They don't need to remove a lot of them. Start with maybe 5. :D

Server with high pop is like a new game!

and just imagine how many happy players bioware would've proactively gotten, instead of them quitting, by doing server merge/character transfers.

"NO! GIAVE SRVERS NAU!"

flawed.

they could've just increased the cap instead of adding servers, and yet still kept on adding them while a lot of the servers were still at "light".

there are people that had already gone through rerolling to a higher pop server, only to get it dwindling down to a low one again.

Edited by Wesgile

flawed.

they could've just increased the cap instead of adding servers, and yet still kept on adding them while a lot of the servers were still at "light".

That's not what "we" asked for. People were screaming for "more servers," not population increases. BioWare gave us more servers.

If they "just increased the cap" there was NO WAY to use their crystal ball at that time to foresee the huge influx of players and therefore always keep servers running well with full loads under pressure.

So people cried about ques.

So they got more servers.

People were happy, and began to move their complaints into more important areas at the time, such as FPS issues and such.

But THEN:

-Hardcore, 15+ hours/day raiders/PvPers complained: "Too easy, blew through stuff too fast, I'm out!"

-Casual, laid back, people raiding 1-2 nights a week for 2 hours complain "It takes too long to get leveled and then get anything done at all and it's too difficult!", they move on.

-Elitists can't get every addon/API release/bug squash, class balancing and better boss tuning fast enough for them, "GRRR!!", they go.

-RPers complain their immersion is being destroyed by lackadaisical naming rules and enforcement, crappy social gear, no land mounts, not enough Star-Warsy (as in THE MOVIES usually) stuff to do.

-Guilds complaining their isn't enough functional coding in-game for guilds to take advantage of, a la Guild Banks, invite from Guild Roster, Labeled Ranks, more features etc etc.

-Flight Sim Captains decided they needed to purchase this game for the ultimate in "Pure Space Combat Flight Simulation at it's Finest and Most Impressive Complexity, EVER!™" and so are voicing numerous complaints when they find out it was really just an added bonus to the game, Yes, sadly, some of them leave as well after investing $60+ into a PC game they could get in dozens of other titles for $3-10 on Steam or the like.

So, the servers have, well some have emptied, some have balanced out better and of course from all the grump naysayers in the aforementioned bullets some are starting to become too overcrowded. And then they'll complain about that.

At the end of the day?======>

The playerbase is causing 90% or more of the server population issues, NOT Bioware or EA or Lucas Arts.

No players have patience for anything, at all any more. I don't think, by any stretch, that it's acceptable to have to wait extended periods for simple bug fixes, better boss tuning and prioritizing these fixes better.

but by no means is anyone making any semblance of logic out of blaming the developers for server pop issues. You and your friends and guildies caused it, and are continuing to cause it, and then you come post "Hey re-roll High pop!" which is just going to exacerbate the problem EVEN MORE on BOTH ENDS of the spectrum.

But hey, you saved 37 minutes LFGs this week, and more people see you standing at the mailbox.

Learn to help be part of the solution... yeah... you know the rest.

and just imagine how many happy players bioware would've proactively gotten, instead of them quitting, by doing server merge/character transfers.

flawed.

there are people that had already gone through rerolling to a higher pop server, only to get it dwindling down to a low one again.

They did.

"omg bw! Do something! The queues are huge! We need more servers!"

bw: But once the initial rush ends, the pops will drop and then you'd have many light servers, just bare with the queues for now.

"no! Giave srvers nau!"

bw: Sigh... Fine.

"omg! The servers are empty!"

bw: ...

this !!!

honestly i couldnt give a rats *** about alot of issues in the game since it will get fixed in time so those i can live with, but come on, any kid with an IQ of 80 or above could see the issue with the serves at launch and how wrongfully they handled it, but this is also something that will get fixed in time, the problem is just that it kinda needs to be fixed now because this is actually one of the things that can kill an mmo today, people expect more due to all the games that has been out on the market for so many years now and frankly BW should have learned something from all the years they' ve had games out there and how other companys failed.

I'm on Bacca's Blade, at prime time you will find 30 people in the Fleet, if your lucky. Good thing i found an incredible guild with players that stick around, and plan Ops 3 times a week. Or i would have probably quit already. Problem is that its really lacking a community, due to not enough players.

I've come to a point that i just won't reroll on an other server, im lvl 50, did Ops and dailies for weeks and made a reputaion for myself as a decent healer. To start all over is not appealing, to say the least. I'm affraid that its just not an option.

Edited by Claudistine

Lvl 50s with rakata gear on servers that have 10 people on the fleet every night dont want to reroll...

Reroll is fine if you got nothing..but when you have months invested thats not an option. Need transfers now. Ill pay $50 to transfer my toon BW...

"NO! GIAVE SRVERS NAU!"

This is why our Guild chose to stay on Tomb of Freedom Nadd. We never have issues with dead locations; there's always other people around.

Interestingly the server is getting busier as well, with short (<5 mins) queues on weeknights, where a month ago we saw no queues, but server was always HEAVY, with occasional weekend short queues.

I did make toons on other servers at the time, just to experiment, but kept all my mains on ToFN.

This is why our Guild chose to stay on Tomb of Freedom Nadd. We never have issues with dead locations; there's always other people around.

Interestingly the server is getting busier as well, with short (<5 mins) queues on weeknights, where a month ago we saw no queues, but server was always HEAVY, with occasional weekend short queues.

I did make toons on other servers at the time, just to experiment, but kept all my mains on ToFN.

Thats the server I changed to! :D

Hello everyone!

Because several threads about this topic already exist, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion of server populations in one of the following:

Server population is dropping...

Server Population is GROWING!

Free transfers in the future?

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Thanks!