The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Juggernaut or Marauder after 1.2?

boomzoom

Hey guys, i leveled my warrior till lvl 10 and so i gotta choose my AC. The problem is I heard about marauder getting buffed and jugg nerfed or something. Is it worth playing juggernaut or i guess even mara? THis is for PvE. I don't really care about pvp that much. I don't need to be the top damage dealer, im a casual gamer who is tired of not finding flashpoint groups with his sniper. I would like tanking but I wouldnt mind giving it up if its gonna be useless as compared to a powertech/vanguard or marauder. The only issue i might have with mara is being squishy. It is kinda hard for me when doing the korriban heroics to maintain more threat than an inquisitor and i end up dying when my threat takes all the damage, that was my reason for thinking about jugg. Will maras do significantly more damage than juggs in 1.2? My biggest concern is finding groups and not dying while doing pretty good dps, im not competitive. Any help from players who have had experience with either of these advanced classes would be very much appreciated.

Hey guys, i leveled my warrior till lvl 10 and so i gotta choose my AC. The problem is I heard about marauder getting buffed and jugg nerfed or something. Is it worth playing juggernaut or i guess even mara? THis is for PvE. I don't really care about pvp that much. I don't need to be the top damage dealer, im a casual gamer who is tired of not finding flashpoint groups with his sniper. I would like tanking but I wouldnt mind giving it up if its gonna be useless as compared to a powertech/vanguard or marauder. The only issue i might have with mara is being squishy. It is kinda hard for me when doing the korriban heroics to maintain more threat than an inquisitor and i end up dying when my threat takes all the damage, that was my reason for thinking about jugg. Will maras do significantly more damage than juggs in 1.2? My biggest concern is finding groups and not dying while doing pretty good dps, im not competitive. Any help from players who have had experience with either of these advanced classes would be very much appreciated.

Marauder's ALREADY do significantly more DPS than a DPS Jugg. Especially when specced Annihilation AND in the hands of a skilled player. In 1.2, they are simply bringing all three specs in line with each other so that they are all viable. Much testing remains to be done though.

As for Jugg, Jugg tanks will always remain viable. So if you wanna tank, go Jugg. End of story.

It's Vengeance that's getting nerfed was my understanding.

Marauder's ALREADY do significantly more DPS than a DPS Jugg. Especially when specced Annihilation AND in the hands of a skilled player. In 1.2, they are simply bringing all three specs in line with each other so that they are all viable. Much testing remains to be done though.

As for Jugg, Jugg tanks will always remain viable. So if you wanna tank, go Jugg. End of story.

It's Vengeance that's getting nerfed was my understanding.

DPS Juggs have always kept up with Mara's. the testing I've seen pre-patch shows this. If they're is a disparity, then it's small enough that there's no reason you shouldn't pick jugg over mara, unless you simply enjoy the playstyle more.

The patch notes are up. If you actually play the Jugg AC then you'll know whether they're "nerfs" or not.

And they're not. Rage PvP took a small hit. Vengance got a small buff, Immortal got a bit of a buff and a bit of a nerf...they really seem to be about in the same place. Jugg's are probably one of the least impacted AC's at the moment, aside from Assassin/Consulars.

Play what you want OP. Don't be FoTM. if you don't know which one you want to play, do both. seriously...I can do the intro to level 10 in about 2 hours or less. it's not too hard to get another one up, and you can try them both out head to head to see which one you like the most.

also keep in mind that while the jugg can (and do) tank, the mara will always be DPS. this may sway your decision one way or the other. juggs are great now, and they are getting better, for the most part, in 1.2

I wouldn't call a 30% increase to our cd main damage ability a ''slight hit". Yes they are getting buffs to Vicious Throw and Slash but imo, its a hard nerf and I'm not sure if this will be a class killer (meaning everyone rerolls) or if they will still be viable.

As for the question, it really comes down to one thing; will you ever want to tank? If so role a Jugg. If you only want to dps roll mara.

As for your threat problems, dont worry about it. You dont even have any tanking skills until level 14 ;)

Don't base decisions on FOTM talk that will just leave you with a nerfed character (after fix) or unenjoyable play. Besides every class in the game is capable there is no god mode class in the game just play what you find fun. I myself have both a 50 marauder and a 50 jugg both are fun both are balanced and i have no problem playing either in HM ops or PvP

Personally I started with both and found that I enjoyed my jugg more just my opinion I don't try playing as a killing more a defender so ill be the guy making it a living hell for anyone to try and kill someone on my team. I have a kill already for a character. So imo it comes down to what do you want to do kill people or protect your team/ be a disruption to the enemy.