Guild Progression Ranking

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to get a check box to select to use UTC or Local time... because I'm going to upload kills and have the timer thingy in it... and then I'm like "derp, what time did we do this at yo?" >>

Aaaand "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''12',(SELECT guild.region FROM guild WHERE guild.id=12) ,'2012-04-12 20:21:00','' at line 1"

Aaaand "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''12',(SELECT guild.region FROM guild WHERE guild.id=12) ,'2012-04-12 20:21:00','' at line 1"

What were you doing that caused that?

As for the time, use your local time, its automaticly converted to utc for you.

What were you doing that caused that?

As for the time, use your local time, its automaticly converted to utc for you.

I was going through to submit kills for our normal clear...

I just submitted a bug ticket to be thorough. Essentially, it won't let me submit any kills because of that error.

Edit: is allowing me to add the kill I was trying to now.

Edit2: is now not letting me submit a 3rd kill. Going to try what I did earlier: closing the website & accessing it again.

Edit3: There we go, as long as I close the site in between each submission, I can submit. But it won't let me submit twice. It seems to be happening because it "remembers" the last time I submitted unless I reload the entire page. Navigating to other areas of the site didn't work.

Edited by Inzi

Submit a bug ticket a few hours ago, our zorn and toth HM kill we apprently killed in later today as opposed to a few minutes before we posted the screenshot a few hours ago, just a minor bug thats messing with the 8 man rankings.(Thinking about it, not sure if its a bug or an input error from one of our guildy's)

Other then that, Awesome site

Lots of kills today, great job guys!

A few small fixes just went out. progression should be now x/4 for tier 2. still x/10 for tier 1.

reporting multiple kills should be more reliable. There was a problem with the form not resetting properly that was making your second/third?/fourth?! kills difficult to post.

There was a good deal of confusion with getting kills and their times in properly. There were cases where the automatic conversion to utc script was behaving poorly, and there were cases where people would enter kills as utc... getting converted into who knows what.

To simplify this the form now asks for utc time. It will not do any conversions. This works better with the new timer since you simply have to copy what time it says. (kudos to those using it btw, makes verifying your kills much easier :D)

If anyone has any kills that have time errors (or other errors in general) please have the guild owner do a 'report kill as having errors' from the kills page. Reports from kills owners get looked at first and should get fixed faster.

-Timelord

I don't know if it's intended or not, but am i supposed to be able to confirm my own kill postings?

I would think the fact that I posted it would be me vouching for the kill.

And can people take back there disputes? Say if a link is broken and they dispute it, but then I fix the link.

I don't know if it's intended or not, but am i supposed to be able to confirm my own kill postings?

I would think the fact that I posted it would be me vouching for the kill.

And can people take back there disputes? Say if a link is broken and they dispute it, but then I fix the link.

I guess confirming your own kills might not make much sense (of course you would confirm your kill) its more of an artefact of down the line when we let people associate themselves with a guild. We wont want people to not associate themselves with a guild just so they can vote.

As for the disputes, yes. You can change your vote at any time now from to dispute, to confirm, and back again. Your comment from when you disputed the kill will still remain however.

loks real nice just tried to submit our kills for Galactic Hellraiser's on Hyperspace Cannon and cant get the Submit button to work

People are obviously getting some kills in, perhaps this is a browser problem. What browser (and version) are you running? Are all of the important fields filled out (you will get a message if something required isnt filled out)?

And thanks to everyone using the new reporting tools. We are getting a bunch of them and I will be getting to all of them as soon as possible. Priority will be given to this tier of content and any petitions from a kills owner (for fixes and whatnot), but they will all be looked at.

-Timelord

Much of the disputes seem to be over reporting time on the website itself.

If there is no legitimate issue and those timing issues are rectified by Moderator etc what is the next step ? Specifically what is procedure to reverse the effect on the reputation when there is no actual legitimate issue with the kill. Somehow I don't think that those with an agenda are going to reverse their dispute.

I see a report Unjustified Dispute button there, how would that work ?

Much of the disputes seem to be over reporting time on the website itself.

If there is no legitimate issue and those timing issues are rectified by Moderator etc what is the next step ? Specifically what is procedure to reverse the effect on the reputation when there is no actual legitimate issue with the kill. Somehow I don't think that those with an agenda are going to reverse their dispute.

I see a report Unjustified Dispute button there, how would that work ?

If a moderator corrects the time a comment will be made so people can see that a change happened. If the community rating is above -15 then you don't have to do anything, the kill is still considered undisputed.

If the kill does fall below -15 and becomes disputed that would be the time to report unjustified disputes (assuming you think they are unjustified). A mod will take a look at the kill and the comments and make a decision from there. The mod might not make any changes, or they could go as far as locking a kill from votes and setting it at valid if it comes to that.

-Timelord

There seems to be an issue with the rankings because of this time problem. For example, check out Ambient's kill that was editted:

Kill time: Apr 13 04:42, 994.64 points

My guild's:

Kill time: Apr 13 03:43, 992.15 points

We killed earlier and got fewer points. I'm just bringing this up to point out that something is happening when times are being editted... and the points aren't adjusting.

I am trying to click on the timer to set it up from the website and nothing is happening. It doesn't move the page. This is causing issues with inability to use the timer during the kills and getting disputes. I'll try downloading a new browser to use for it and see if that works. Edited by Akoti

I am trying to click on the timer to set it up from the website and nothing is happening. It doesn't move the page. This is causing issues with inability to use the timer during the kills and getting disputes. I'll try downloading a new browser to use for it and see if that works.

Is a popup blocker blocking it?

There seems to be an issue with the rankings because of this time problem. For example, check out Ambient's kill that was editted:

Kill time: Apr 13 04:42, 994.64 points

My guild's:

Kill time: Apr 13 03:43, 992.15 points

We killed earlier and got fewer points. I'm just bringing this up to point out that something is happening when times are being editted... and the points aren't adjusting.

I'm working on fixing this. The problem is actually stemming from one of the update routines taking way to long and timing out. Once i get that routine optomized those edited scores should be updated.

Ended up rewriting a good chunk of the ranking code from scratch, but things are significantly faster now. We can recalculate every score and every rank (and all the different size/difficulty/etc) permutations in just a couple seconds now.

Boss scores should be accurate now, even those that needed their times edited. Region ranks are also working properly now.

Server ranks are being a bit stubborn still, tomorrow hopefully.

The include/exclude disputes toggle is behaving properly now. The only place you can see it work right now is on the 8 man hard zorn/toth kill page as that is the only place that has a disputed kill at the moment.

This is kind of nice since it seems most of the kills we are getting these days are of high quality with screenshots/videos.

Speaking of screenshots/videos a couple bugs with them were fixed today. A few kills that had videos weren't displaying them, they should now. Editing kills (before they become locked after 5 votes) now will have the current video/screenshot urls shown so you can tweak them. This was the cause for some guilds posting videos/screenshots and then thinking they were deleted later.

-Timelord