Arenas yet?

Izola

Then go back to WoW please. I hated Arena and it ruins the game of PVE for Arena only.

PVP should be fun and Arena makes PVP a job or your lifes work. But not fun at all. More like study for a test.

That is competitive player, son. How does arena ruin PVE? Are you so ignorant that some players don't like to PVE, and prefer PVP?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol nope, the game caters to people like me, its why I always win in WZ's. I actually take the time to learn other classes and research how to counter them. You should go play Mario.

the real pro's play duck hunt man

all the noobs play mario

get on my level

Edited by CrunkShizzle

They don't even have ranked warzones and cross server yet. They won't add arenas for awhile if they even do. It would be a lot better if they did, but there's no way they are going to add them anytime soon.

bioware cant even balance the pvp they have now.so why put in rated warzones

Edited by CrunkShizzle

PVE is for casual players, they have the same mindset as pvpers only they want to get there glory from clearing an easy scripted fight. you can literally click, key turn, use 3 abilities and still be succesful at pve.

PVE is for casual players.

Wrong. Players can be hardcore PVE. Not stopping until they are server first to down a nightmare raid etc.

Just like players can be hardcore PVP. Not stopping until they are the among the best on the server.

Wrong. Players can be hardcore PVE. Not stopping until they are server first to down a nightmare raid etc.

Just like players can be hardcore PVP. Not stopping until they are the among the best on the server.

want to know a secret, the best PvE'rs are usually harcore PvP'ers. I would put money on a competitive pvp team being capable of beating all PVE content faster then the most hardcore pve'rs

want to know a secret, the best PvE'rs are usually harcore PvP'ers. I would put money on a competitive pvp team being capable of beating all PVE content faster then the most hardcore pve'rs

IF you have time to do both hardcore that is great. What I'm saying is most people who work 5 day weeks dedicate most of their time to either one or the other. Every guild I have been has followed this example. I'm NOT saying the guild is DEFINED as a pvp or pve guild, but the players inside will usually devote MOST of their game time to either pvp or pve.

I am not saying, as you suggest, that PVP'rs wouldn't absolutely smash PVE content. I agree with you on that. The point is they either can't be bothered, don't have the time, or just would rather spend their game time doing what they love - PVP.

That statement is so ignorant.. I don't even know why I bother to reply.

Hundreds of players all going at once? Yeah that is awesome to test your skills.

Arena is a place COMPETITIVE players LOVE to go. They are matched up in an even environment where skill increase is bound to happen the more you play. You are forced to learn EVERY class and EVERY skill just to compete. It is such a technical game of knowing when certain abilities are going to occur and come off cooldown, being constantly aware of your surroundings and synchronizing playstyles with your team that players like yourself that simply cannot learn or cannot be bothered to learn such match deciding factors you CRY. You CRY that it is too much, or you won't enjoy it because of imbalance etc. The truth is, GOOD players will always reign supreme in such environments. Not because they are an OP class or combination. But. Because. They. Are. Good. Players.

Arena opens up the game to ALL competitive players, and if done right can be a great step forward.

Possible, but the use of macros made Arenas a fkn joke. Anyone with the right team comp and a little practice could go a long ways with the right macros.

So many ANTI Arena people,

I promise when they come out I WON'T be one of those that picks on you for being BAD cuz of your rating.

We all know this is the only REAL reason you don't want it!

Got to love saying that "those who don't want Arenas is because they are bad at them"

Never played WoW, so don't know or care how good bad I am at them. For PvP I played WWII online, Planetside and DaoC.

Personally Id prefer they devote design/dev time to making ilum open world PvP worth participating in than another mini warzone that, as others stated will turn SWtOR into a FoTM/constant tweaking instead of focus on other issues.

So no, Id prefer no Arenas. If you want to 2v2 go to Tatooine and beat on each other there. Job done.

Possible, but the use of macros made Arenas a fkn joke. Anyone with the right team comp and a little practice could go a long ways with the right macros.

Not seeing how macros made arenas a joke. Using arena 1,2,3 and focus macros or macros to dispel a teammate 1,2,3 just enhanced gameplay imo

Not seeing how macros made arenas a joke. Using arena 1,2,3 and focus macros or macros to dispel a teammate 1,2,3 just enhanced gameplay imo

Because it took player skill out and anyone was able to compile multiple abilities into a single macro. Completely opposite of what one would assume PLAYER SKILL equates to. Example would be /mouseover... no need to tab target anymore (skill) simply mouse over and wala!! I personally think macros made it to easy and less skill was actually required. If I had better macros than you I was at an advantage, plain and simple.

epic battles > arena for baddies

i got to this ridiculous comment before i got sick of reading all the ignorant posts.

for the record arena takes more skill unless your a "pro" who makes his group of only the OP class's.

4 v 4 death matches are a blast and requires serious teamwork.

warzones are fun, but they dont stay fun after you play for a few months.

with ilum out of the picture its play warzones or pve.

can you figure out what happens when people get bored of warzones and dont like to pve?

who says you have to get special stuff for playing arena? who says it has to be ranked? why cant you que for arena to earn credits and que for warzones to earn commendations? think outside the box people^^

Because it took player skill out and anyone was able to compile multiple abilities into a single macro. Completely opposite of what one would assume PLAYER SKILL equates to. Example would be /mouseover... no need to tab target anymore (skill) simply mouse over and wala!! I personally think macros made it to easy and less skill was actually required. If I had better macros than you I was at an advantage, plain and simple.

I can sorta see what you're saying about tab, but I see player skill coming from speed and reaction plus awareness mostly. I still think arena 1,2,3 makes you faster and some could say more binds make it harder, when you start making macros that sheep off those binds for example, it gets more complex than simply using tab to pick up your targets.

Mouseover macros are a bad example. I wouldn't recommend using them in arena when you can just bind your player frames and tab is more effective even than clicking. They're only really good in PvE and BGs where you can't bind your whole raid group. But if you mean that some players had an easier time just using mouseover macros, because they couldn't handle playing with tab (for some reason) or were clicking, yeah I can see your point.

Just put in one Call of Duty warzone and take it out of the random queue (let people specifically queue up for it) to make all the deathmatch kiddies happy. The average quality of player in the objective warzones will immediately improve. Addition by subtraction.

I would LOVE this