Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

if servers getting merged Id like mine Thana Vesh to merge with The Constant. I have friends there that i didnt know they were playn this game till few weeks ago that we talked, after we are all War Heroes with Full Battle Master gear. That or Let my account transfer... I would pay up to 5 bucks, I just want to play with my friends and dont be penalized by the Legacy Program... Lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now there are 100+ 50's logged in right now Republic and Empire side on your server perhaps the issue lies with you?

On 3/1 they came out and said they were having issues and that transfers for Asian/pacific players wouldn't be until the end of April with the rest to follow sometime later. So seeing that they are having issues with transfers what makes you or anyone here think that mergers are going to be easier to implement?

Unsubbing is making it worse because it TAKES AWAY RESOURCES. When subs go down budgets are cut which usually means the cuts are from the bottom, you know the people that actually DO STUFF. Every unsub due to impatience is another nail in the game.

100 max people in Fleet at server population peek, 10 people in high level planets like Voss and Corellia and all that for the 4th-5th largest server. Nope, no problems at all...

And if you want to throw away 100+ euros/whatever that you spent the previous months to build a 50lvl character and reroll on another server be my guest; its your money. I prefer not to be victim of a company that ignores paying customers 3 months now(check first post's date), cancel my subscription and *maybe* return if the problem is fixed.

Edited by Neldorel

Everyone? Everyone???

Hyperbole and exaggeration there.

ah yes sorry, forgot about the 2 people that were wandering around Hoth last time i played...

but seriously i hope you are intelligent enough to not read everything quite so literally.

ah yes sorry, forgot about the 2 people that were wandering around Hoth last time i played...

but seriously i hope you are intelligent enough to not read everything quite so literally.

So we should just disregard what you say all together, because nothing you say is not a hyper exaggeration of the truth?

You are a classic example why this "problem" of yours can't be taken to seriously.

100 max people in Fleet at server population peek, 10 people in high level planets like Voss and Corellia and all that for the 4th-5th largest server. Nope, no problems at all...

And if you want to throw away 100+ euros/whatever that you spent the previous months to build a 50lvl character and reroll on another server be my guest; its your money. I prefer not to be victim of a company that ignores paying customers 3 months now(check first post's date), cancel my subscription and *maybe* return if the problem is fixed.

I just logged onto my server in prime time and there were 8 players in fleet, 3 of which were lvl 50. I've done some of the zones 4-5 times already including beta. Doing them again would be like work which is not what I like to spend my limited free time doing. I am done with this game.

I just logged onto my server in prime time and there were 8 players in fleet, 3 of which were lvl 50. I've done some of the zones 4-5 times already including beta. Doing them again would be like work which is not what I like to spend my limited free time doing. I am done with this game.

Such a low population in primetime? Holy, that's pretty bad.

Imagine how bad it is for people who play in off-peak hours.

BW should just merge everything into 10 servers and be done with it.

Who cares what it looks like.

It's like taking a shotgun blast to the liver. You're dead anyways, no point prolonging further agony by trying to administor medical care.

Such a low population in primetime? Holy, that's pretty bad.

Imagine how bad it is for people who play in off-peak hours.

BW should just merge everything into 10 servers and be done with it.

Who cares what it looks like.

It's like taking a shotgun blast to the liver. You're dead anyways, no point prolonging further agony by trying to administor medical care.

I think most people are ok during Prime time, just the window is so short and afterwards the MMORPGness of the game comes into question

Hello everyone,

This thread has been recreated because the previous version has exceeded our post threshold of 1,000 posts. Please continue to use this thread for any discussion related to whether or not there will be Server Merges.

A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Don't make spam posts like "first," "in before the lock," or "bump."
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

so you can post this but cant give a anwser ?

instead of whining just unsub already they are not gonna bring any merging or transfer anytime soon.

Whining really works, if enough people complain about something and unsub to go with it, the issue will be resolved if it's legitimate. Saw it happen countless times in WoW, bring on the complain wagon!

instead of whining just unsub already they are not gonna bring any merging or transfer anytime soon.

How is it whining? People playing on a ridiculously low pop server are simply not enjoying the game as is. Difficult to find groups, long WZ ques, etc. etc. Re-rolling is not a fair suggestion for most either as many have pointed out.

No, Bioware should be smart enough to recognize the problem and address it. Or they are going to keep losing subs, which will lead to even lower pop servers, and so on.

Whining really works, if enough people complain about something and unsub to go with it, the issue will be resolved if it's legitimate. Saw it happen countless times in WoW, bring on the complain wagon!

I believe over in WoW "complain wagon" = wambulance ;)

Yes, you are right. Thier forums are so full of rage and tears.

*edited for bad grammar* :(

Edited by Kfab

its definitely obvious that the populations have dropped. its much worse on other servers. i do hope that Bioware is looking to do this sooner then later.. Most MMos wait until the last minute to do this, to no avail. please dont drop the ball on this guys. plan for the near future!

Low server populations is a massive problem and is starting to get out of hand. I love the game but Im slowly losing interest because of the time it takes to get any group content going within my limited play times. This could potentilly kill the game if left unresolved. 1.2 and transfer need to come soon or bioware are in trouble.

Don't wanna unsub, I just want the chance to transfer to a more populated server.

I'm loving the game, and hope to play it for years to come.

But seeing as my server's no longer able to even get WZ running I'm finding it harder to log in each day in the hope of something happening....

A. Its not whining, its criticism of a game which they paid money for, We have a right to ***** and moan about what we dont like anyway we please. Got a problem with that? Too Bad.

B. People are already unsubbing, heck in peak hours i only see 5-8 heavy servers rest are standard or light. I think that is a sign people are unsubbing considering a month ago we would have 20-30 heavy servers.

C. If Bioware does not listen, this game will end up like Warhammer.

Are we going to get any feedback to this issue?

Been waiting for long enough with over 2000 posts & a company that cant be bothered to even inform the paying customers.

My sub has ended now & I see little point in renewing as the ignorance from bioware shows such a low amount of respect for the people paying the bills.

hope for u peps that do stay it doesnt get any worse but doubt it