Jugger....NOT.

schrankage

Got War Hero on my Jugg today. Mostly battle master. Most DPS in a match I've ever gotten is 250k. Assassins routinely get 400k, sometimes 500k and I've seen 750k. And they're tanks.... so why can't a Juggernaut get that? I don't understand why an Assassin can tank and dish out the damage so well ... and CLOAK... and Juggs can get 250k damage IF they've got a pocket healer and all the best gear... COME ON.

Yes, I have one high damage move .. a smash bomb. I have to build up to it. And if, as usually happens, I hit smash right when I get knocked away, my only high damage special did abosolutely nothing... but restart the timer, and I just lost my 4 stacks of shockwave I have to build up.

I'm starting to wonder if BIOWARE purposefully nerfed Juggs because so many players said they were going to play them before launch. All I know is, Juggs are not feared on the battlefield. (IM TALKING PVP, THAT'S ALL I DO) Sages/Sorcs... yea, they're considered a threat. Smugglers/Operatives.. can really own your face..., Mercs can dish out damage and heal... Juggs meh... they die rather quickly without a healer.... and they don't hit that hard...

Buff Juggs.

Edited by schrankage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because for somereason, game designers decided DPS Juggs should be copied after DPS warrior in vanilla WoW. Sadly lot of players think the same.

LFM 1DPS HM, pst class.... reply back as 'Assasin' get group invite, reply 'Jugg'.. 'we don't need a tank', reply 'DPS Jugg'... silence.

Assassins routinely get 400k, sometimes 500k and I've seen 750k. And they're tanks..

Never seen a tankspecced assassins dish out 400k in a standard length warzone, and I am pretty certain the sins you saw reach 500,000 damage and beyond, are definately not playing tank...

Never seen a tankspecced assassins dish out 400k in a standard length warzone, and I am pretty certain the sins you saw reach 500,000 damage and beyond, are definately not playing tank...

Well, you're wrong. They play a hybrid spec. They can do that much damage and still carry the huttball from spawn point to goal line with minimal effort. Part of the reason is many of their damage specials are RANGED... so that automatically means they're going to get more off than a full melee because they don't have to spend their time getting within 4m of their target.

I have.....including 100.000 protection in the same game.

Rage Juggernauts should be able to keep up with their damage, but they still have cloaking, pulls, Speed and various other tricks up their sleeves.

Yes, Assassins are op.

There was just a pic of a juggernaut doing almost a million dps. Even I've managed 500k in mostly columi gear with a few champ pieces. Juggs are fine at the moment, just not sure about next patch.

And also, I'd have a juggernaut carrying ball any day over an assassin.

Edited by Boissi

Its a Jugg problem not a Assassin problem, I run Powertech and routinely hit 400-500k dmg in a Hybrid spec. Perhaps with the changes from 1.2 you Juggernaut players will see an increase in damage.

Though on a side note you'll find Jugs and Powertechs will generally survive significantly longer then there tank assassin counterparts.

Edited by Sith_Lord_Revan

As far as I am aware, Assassins/Shadows DPS better than Juggernauts/Guardians.

And Juggernauts/Guardians tank better than Assassins/Shadows.

One is going to better at something than the other, realistically, this is the way it should be.

The issue with juggs is not the damage on the screen at the end of the wz.

Honestly in full tionese (read, no expertise) I can get around 300+ reliably. The problem is we're easily kited, have poor defensive cool downs, and the only dps spec that works well in wz has a ridiculously long set up time (which is getting nerfed for some reason in 1.2). Juggs are just easily countered by anyone who knows how our class operates (anyone with a clue).

Its similar to mercs right now, the damage is fine but they're just so easily rendered ineffective when people pay attention to them. Fortunately most people in WZs do not know what they're doing, however juggs are going to be in a sad sorry state when people start taking rated WZs seriously. The only way a jugg can shine is to wade into group battles and try to go under the radar until your burst is set up.

As long as nobody pays attention to you, rage is great. But who wants to play a spec that only can thrive if the enemy isn't paying attention?

THATS why juggs need help, its not the damage.

Now vengeance on the other hand, has very poor damage and will struggle to hit the 300 mark outside of voidstar turtles. Vengeance needs some serious buffs right now; I personally think making shatter independent of sunder would be a huge step in the right direction (but thats another topic). Rage however just needs to have this upcoming nerf redacted, and be given some more personal utility and survivability.

You're a Rage juggernaut that cannot break 300k damage. Obvious L2P issue here.

As Rage, you can break 300k dmg and 50k prot in most warzones by playing decently.

This is what you should be expecting without any heals. 400-500k w/100k+ prot with a healer.

Tanks classes always feel entitled to it all. It's really disgusting. The OP is quoting ridiculous damage numbers of other classes and crying that he cant hit 900k! Amazing.

He's citing a class in tank spec doing abnormally large numbers while the same is not true for our tank spec. Pay attention to the arguments.

IMO OP is a bad Rage Jugg.. man as much as I hate to invoke Bananaface and his damn screen shots but.. where are you Banana we need your stupid screen shot. lol

The dude broke 7k he has a ton of screens of him breaking 5 -6k on a regular basis.

Now IMO screens and all that pre 1.2 is meaningless because PvP doesn't matter atm. But after it will.

Edited by WarSiren

Tanks classes always feel entitled to it all. It's really disgusting. The OP is quoting ridiculous damage numbers of other classes and crying that he cant hit 900k! Amazing.

Um what the hell are you talking about. He's saying one tank Specced jug has Dps nowhere near the DPS of a tank specced Assassin. How is that about entitlement? It's about equality. Assassins do a great job tanking, sometimes better than Jugs, but they also easily out dps jugs as well.

And how are Jugs a "Tank class" if Assassins are not? Jugs and Assassins both have 1 Tank tree and 2 Damage trees. We both have the OPTION to tank, just like a Merc has the OPTION to heal. A Merc isn't a "Healing Class", It's a DPS and Healing class, Jugs and Sins are DPS and Tanking classes. Get real.

Now vengeance on the other hand, has very poor damage and will struggle to hit the 300 mark outside of voidstar turtles. Vengeance needs some serious buffs right now; I personally think making shatter independent of sunder would be a huge step in the right direction (but thats another topic). Rage however just needs to have this upcoming nerf redacted, and be given some more personal utility and survivability.

I have to disagree, having played as a Vengeance Juggernaut for the past 3 months in the 50 WZs almost daily.

I'm Raeder on Port Nowhere btw.

I routinely hit 300k damage, and my personal best was 450k with 75k protection just by using taunts.

I usually play solo, but when I have a healer you should fear me.

Most Juggs don't know the trick to Endure Pain, which is why they are squishy.

The nerf to Rage, and the Crash nerf in 1.2 is stupid, but what are you gonna do? I will be leveling up a Marauder soon, but will stick with my Juggernaut.

Serious guys, anyone have more details about this nerf?

Im kind worry, rage spec here.

At a minimum they're replacing Force Alacrity (which reduces the CDs of Force abilities, ie, Scream and Smash) with Overpower which will instead give a chance to refund Rage on Vicious Slash crits. I never knew Bioware were also comedians.

Edited by Taybul