Operative enforcer PvP set bonus = awful

senojones

(2) Increases the duration of Infiltrate or Smuggle by 5 seconds and Evasion or Dodge by 1 second.

(4) Increases max energy by 5.

Could we please get some real thought in re-designing this set? How about something that actually has an impact on abilities used often in PvP? You could literally take away the bonus on this set and it would have no change to the effectiveness of the class in any PvP situation, that should be enough reason to change it.

Any of these abilities listed below would benefit greatly in PvP:

Hidden Strike

Backstab

Shiv

Tactical Advantage

Acid Blade

Laceration

Sever Tendon

Stim Boost

Shield Probe

Cloaking Screen

Sneak

Distraction

Adrenaline Probe

Corrosive Dart

Flash Bang

And if you're going to give us some sort of energy set bonus, how about extra energy regeneration instead?

PLEASE consider doing this before 1.2 comes out, it shouldn't be a difficult task to accomplish and deserves some attention.

Edited by senojones

They really hate you guys.

What do they have against ops/scoundrels ? lol

They seem weak now, I can't imagine what they'll be like in 1.2, I barely see any as it is.

They do a lot of damage pre-50 and can kill you in a stun, but that's no reason to nerf a class based on sub max level performance.

Edited by KhealThar

The energy bonus is even poorly thought out. Currently, the regeneration tiers are set by percentage not hard coded numbers. Thus the extra 5 energy does essentially nothing, yet it is on almost every set for Operatives. Edited by KyoMamoru

The energy bonus is even poorly thought out. Currently, the regeneration tiers are set by percentage not hard coded numbers. Thus the extra 5 energy does essentially nothing, yet it is on almost every set for Operatives.

Agreed, there are much better ways to give a bonus to energy in PvP:

+1 energy regeneration (passive)

+1 energy regeneration to Stim Boost

reduced energy cost on Shiv/Hidden Strike/Acid Blade/Laceration/Corrosive Dart

Edited by senojones

I don't play a sniper, but I feel for you. I'm War Hero and have yet to be even slightly hampered by a sniper just once. I mean sure, occasinally they'll sneak the killing blow, but nothing any other spec couldn't do. There's just walkovers, like little bugs one ignores or slaps away. It's sad. Give them a 33% DPS increase from cover or something.

The imperial agent set bonus's in general are just awful, for both snipers and operatives.
Field Tech 2 piece is very nice (extra tick on Flyby/Orbital). The rest, eh. Edited by flem

Some ideas I thought of with the list of abilities/skills above ( for either 2 or 4 pc ):

- Reduces the energy cost of Backstab, Shiv and Laceration by 5.

- Increases the damage of Backstab, Shiv and Laceration by 5%.

- Increases the chance of Collateral Strike by 50%

- Increases the maximum stack of Tactical Advantage by 1.

- Increases the damage bonus of Tactical Advantage by 1%.

- Increases the armor penetration bonus of Acid Blade by 5%.

- Acid Blade no longer requires energy.

- Increases the range of Sever Tendon and Distraction by 5 meters.

- Reduces the cooldown of Sever Tendon and Distraction by 2 seconds.

- Stim Boost no longer consumes a Tactical Advantage.

- Flash Bang removes all hostile damage effects.

Some of these might work and some might not, but they all at least have an effect on the overall common gameplay of a concealment Operative in PvP.

Some ideas I thought of with the list of abilities/skills above ( for either 2 or 4 pc ):

- Reduces the energy cost of Backstab, Shiv and Laceration by 5.

- Increases the damage of Backstab, Shiv and Laceration by 5%.

- Increases the chance of Collateral Strike by 50%

- Increases the maximum stack of Tactical Advantage by 1.

- Increases the damage bonus of Tactical Advantage by 1%.

- Increases the armor penetration bonus of Acid Blade by 5%.

- Acid Blade no longer requires energy.

- Increases the range of Sever Tendon and Distraction by 5 meters.

- Reduces the cooldown of Sever Tendon and Distraction by 2 seconds.

- Stim Boost no longer consumes a Tactical Advantage.

- Flash Bang removes all hostile damage effects.

Some of these might work and some might not, but they all at least have an effect on the overall common gameplay of a concealment Operative in PvP.

The flashbang idea is awesome and that should even be a talent in the skill tree i must say

• 11 months later...
Still is awful, the pve bonus is way better to use for pvp and the new pve bonus at level 55 in 2.0 be even harder to get if your a solo pug type of player since you can only get arkanian tokens through operations (not flashpoints anymore as well since elite comms are removed to purchase arkanian gear on PTS) and everyone in the group needing on the tokens will make you have no chance of getting them if your pugging in groupfinder. Forced to find a guild to group with just to get the set bonuses.