Merc DPS Does Not Need an Interrupt - A Statment

Ciry

quite right you dont. bodyguards do though, or rather stun, just for solo leveling stuff. gonna throw it out again, as the healer class most similar to the companion ones, we ought to get a channeled stun akin to theirs (carbon stream, dancing girl etc.) and should totally be a boba fett style rope bind thing. im pretty sure that bw is just baiting me with the infected mercenary's in kaon using 'constrict', which has the same premise/analogue. Edited by LilTsar

Just FYI.

I hope if they give merc an interrupt they put it at the top of the Bodyguard tree LOL.

the need for an interrupt comes from pve not pvp

this is a pve game with a thin veneer of pvp... anyone that thinks different probably did most of their pvp in WOW

On what planet does it make sense that for everyone else, Interrupt is a base class ability; while Mercs/Commandos are the only ACs without one?

Mercs/Mandos need an int bc EVERYONE else has it. NO other reason. Alternatively, take it away from any other AC with a healing tree.

quite right you dont. bodyguards do though, or rather stun, just for solo leveling stuff. gonna throw it out again, as the healer class most similar to the companion ones, we ought to get a channeled stun akin to theirs (carbon stream, dancing girl etc.) and should totally be a boba fett style rope bind thing. im pretty sure that bw is just baiting me with the infected mercenary's in kaon using 'constrict', which has the same premise/analogue.

Uhm, Concussion Missile? Electrodart?

nah we need an escape mechanism
Quoted for truth

I agree.

*cough* Go to the thread in my signature and suggest your ideas for an escape mechanism. *cough*

Edited by Ehlin

Does it make sense that the only ranged class with heavy armor is Merc? Does it make sense that the warrior class gets heavy armor as a tank AC, and med armor as the AC, but BH gets heavy armor for both and inquis gets light armor for both?

You don't need anything else, class is balanced as it is.

On what planet does it make sense that for everyone else, Interrupt is a base class ability; while Mercs/Commandos are the only ACs without one?

Mercs/Mandos need an int bc EVERYONE else has it. NO other reason. Alternatively, take it away from any other AC with a healing tree.

and PT/Vanguard & mara/sent are the only 2 classes without a single knock back that means your quote"the only ACs without one?", "bc EVERYONE else has it. NO other reason."

Edited by iDraxter

I'm just surprised that BW missed the obvious and didn't make Concussion Missile something more along the lines of Carbonite Freeze. Would make perfect sense for the type of ability it is. How cool would it be if the animation showed a huge venting of carbonite at the target who is then encased in a block of Carbonite?

• 3 weeks later...

Let's go through these one by one:

Uhm, Concussion Missile? Electrodart?

As someone else stated, this is crowd control. All classes have at least 3 or 4 of these. Giving a ranged class only 2 one-minute CD abilities like this severely gimps their effectiveness in groups.

the devs acually got a point, if we did have a interupt, anny caster whould just die to fast, its not that casters are hard as it is now!!

we nead a better sheild OR an escape, but escaping are for weiners.

In what universe is that true? All healers have at least 3 different heals they can hit plus escape/defensive abilities. Giving Mercs a moderate CD interrupt and expecting sages and scoundrels to drop likes flies because of it is ridiculousness bordering on insanity. No, our shield is fine at reducing damage and we can spec for additional utility / less CD on it. An escape option would be nice but it doesn't compare to the lack of an interrupt for utility within a group or in PvP.

Does it make sense that the only ranged class with heavy armor is Merc? Does it make sense that the warrior class gets heavy armor as a tank AC, and med armor as the AC, but BH gets heavy armor for both and inquis gets light armor for both?

You don't need anything else, class is balanced as it is.

Yeah, sure, heavy armor makes us balanced. Why not? It's not like there's anything else to take into account. /sarcasm Look, all tank classes have heavy armor but assassins and they can hit dark charge for a massive AC boost. Their lack of it soloing or PvP in non-Darkness spec is mitigated by their stealth, escape, and CC abilities; also they can dump 2 points in a lvl 1 Deception talent. As far as ranged goes, the only one without at least medium armor is sorcerers. Solution: give sorcerers and AC buff ability of some sort and stop using it as an excuse to deny a basic tenant of all other ACs to Mercs.

Stop asking for something that another class has. It leads to homogenization, and homogenization is one of the huge reasons WoW started its downfall in WoTLK.

We don't need homogenization here.

This is not about balance to the point of homogenization, it's about utility being denied to a class for no apparent reason. It's like forgetting to give a tank extra threat or a taunt ability. Farfetched comparison you say? Only just recently with 1.2 did BW fix the problem with Mercs not having a battle rez, for crying out loud. Saying we're all gonna end up the exact same class is classic slippery slope fallacy. You have only to look at the prior posts in this thread to get ample evidence of how the classes are nowhere near identical. Example: look at our healing spec abilities and then looks at sorcs or operatives and tell me our healing is really that similar, I dare you.

and PT/Vanguard & mara/sent are the only 2 classes without a single knock back that means your quote"the only ACs without one?", "bc EVERYONE else has it. NO other reason."

No, Marauders are only a melee class with a charge abilitiy on top of better mobility by default, 4-5 different PvE CC abilities, party buffs, enemy debuffing, a semi-escape ability, and a stun. As for PTs, they get an AoE stun, Grapple, and taunts/Guard in addition to an interrupt.

mercenary does not need an interrupt. end of discussion.

I'm too lazy to stop my dps rotation to interrupt a boss anyway

I actually do not have a valid retort for this. Kudos sir, your skills at logic and debate are clearly beyond my ken.