Battlemaster gear easy to get in 1.2?

Tattoonny

Hi guys,

Quick question, I keep seeing 'Don't worry battlemaster gear will be ridiculously easy to get in 1.2'

Question is why is this, are they removing the valor caps on it and reducing the cost?

serious question not trolling, just curious could not find the answer in my limited time i have on game.

Hi guys,

Quick question, I keep seeing 'Don't worry battlemaster gear will be ridiculously easy to get in 1.2'

Question is why is this, are they removing the valor caps on it and reducing the cost?

serious question not trolling, just curious could not find the answer in my limited time i have on game.

BM commendations were deprecated in favor of the current WZ commendations. There is also no longer a valor req on BM gear, nor on the rated gear(which uses rated WZ comms).

The commendation cap is going up to 2k, and each piece of BM gear costs between 800 and 1800 WZ comms, depending on the piece.

At least this is what it was like a few days ago on the PTS.

Edited by CauldronBorn

what hes saying in short is that BM gear will be about as easy to get as centurion gear is now, give or take

BM gear after 1.2 = around 500-2000 wz comms

centurion gear now = about 2 bags = 400 wz coms and 400 merc comms = 1800 wz comms

math is off but its in the ballpark

what hes saying in short is that BM gear will be about as easy to get as centurion gear is now, give or take

BM gear after 1.2 = around 500-2000 wz comms

centurion gear now = about 2 bags = 400 wz coms and 400 merc comms = 1800 wz comms

math is off but its in the ballpark

So 2000 w coms and you have the whole set?

1 Battlemaster token costs 1000 Mercenary tokens and 1000 warzone tokens

10 mercenary tokens cost 30 warzone tokens

so, 1 battlemaster token essentially costs you 4000 warzone coms

The battlemaster pieces range in cost from 1 battlemaster token to 3 battlemaster tokens. So each piece costs between 4000 and 12,000 warzone coms. I would hardly say that's easy to get. Especially considering you're only going to be pulling in between 70-100 coms per match now. I'm not sure how it is for others, but I've noticed a decline of about 20-30% in the coms per match I've been getting since 1.1.5

No dont hoard merc comms, they will be useless once 1.2 hits because bw is screwing anyone who saved them up with the new system.

Buy champ bags 200/200 at a time until you have the set and/or 1.2 hits. If you max champ gear and are at 1000 wz comms, either dont pvp til 1.2 or spend the extra on wz stims. Dont waste your time with merc comms unless you think you can hit valour 60 and 1000/1000 before 1.2 to buy a bm token.

The battlemaster pieces range in cost from 1 battlemaster token to 3 battlemaster tokens. So each piece costs between 4000 and 12,000 warzone coms. I would hardly say that's easy to get. Especially considering you're only going to be pulling in between 70-100 coms per match now. I'm not sure how it is for others, but I've noticed a decline of about 20-30% in the coms per match I've been getting since 1.1.5

Most I've gotten in a match post 1.15 is 101 Commendations I average 70-90 which i was averaging prior to 1.15 and a little bit more on losses than i was previously. this of course assuming i get 4 Medals per match. I haven't noticed any decline if anything i've noticed a slight boost.

I saw a screenshot today from 1.2 that showed BM gear costing only WZ commendations, no bm tokens:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/438-1-2-pvp-war-hero-gear-requirements-old-commendations.html

it appears bm tokens, along with the others, can be used for lockboxes and crafting material.

So, although I could be misinterpreting what I see, bm gear will be easier to get. although it looks as though there is not set bonus, but again I could be totally wrong.

That's right now; this thread is about the upcoming changes in the 1.2 patch. Right now a weapon costs 12,000 Warzone comms to buy the 3 tokens -- after 1.2 they will no longer cost tokens and instead be directly purchasable for about 1700 tokens. I'd say that's a HUGE difference and they will be MUCH easier to get compared to right now. Also, no valor requirement at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.