No XP earned when I throw enemies down a cliff?

Lord_Ravenhurst

Yesterday I spent some time on Hoth again in seach for a Datacron.

I came accross some Elite Wampa, which I threw down a cliff with "Overload" and it disappeared in the depths of Hoth.

I did killings via overload several times throughout the game, throwing enemies over a bridge or ledge, but realized that I never earned XP for killing enemies this way, is this intended or a bug?

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Yesterday I spent some time on Hoth again in seach for a Datacron.

I came accross some Elite Wampa, which I threw down a cliff with "Overload" and it disappeard in the depths of Hoth.

I did this via overload several times throughout the game, but realized that I never earned XP for killing enemies this way, is this intended or a bug?

You don't get XP, because you didn't kill them. The sudden stop at the end of their fall killed them.

You do, however, get credit for a kill toward a quest objective when you do this.

Edited by monkgryphon

You don't get XP, because you didn't kill them. The sudden stop at the end of their fall killed them.

You do, however, get credit for a kill toward a quest objective when you do this.

ok, I see... so "my smart move" of luring enemies to a ledge to finish them of like this gets no immediate reward. :confused:

ok, I see... so "my smart move" of luring enemies to a ledge to finish them of like this gets no immediate reward. :confused:

Not really. However, I know I felt very satisfied pushing one of the elite Gammoreans into the Sarlacc Pit on The Long Goodbye.

You used to get xp for doing that but i've noticed over the past few days on a new alt i don't get it anymore. Perhaps it was changed in one of the previous patches. Edited by Kabaal

Immediate? No. But like mentioned above me, it is VERY satisfying making mobs fall to their doom. Also, it is good in a pinch when there is a gold you may not want to fight and you can make him go away with a quick nudge over an edge.

Then I could say that you didn't kill them, your saber, bullet, blaster bolt, lightning, piece of rubbish, bleed, grenade, orbital strike etc did.

Look at it this way , in either scenario you have something to complain about.

If you knock them off the bridge but dont get XP , you get to complain that you dont get XP.

If you knock them off the bridge and receive XP, you get to complain about exploits , easymode leveling blah blah blah.

Gratz

Then I could say that you didn't kill them, your saber, bullet, blaster bolt, lightning, piece of rubbish, bleed, grenade, orbital strike etc did.

haha, true...

Well I think it should be rewarded, one should even get extra XP for "smart kills", not "nothing" IMHO. There are not many options for variety kills anyway.

The only reward you get is hearing the npc going WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! all the way down as it falls or the occasional i can see my house from here from the npc lol

It's also possible that they took out the xp gain because not every class has a 'push off cliff' button, depends on class and spec.

Pushing npcs off cliffs is pure funsies though :D

You know what I also miss: Medals for certain kills like it is present in most console games.

Get a medal or item for 100 enemies pushed of a cliff. Or 1000 electrocutes :D

Go ahead and argue this. I really don't feel the need to. I just came up with a possibility.

*Brings in real life stupidity* (Yeah, I hate when people try to bring RL into an MMO convo, so I'll do it just this once)....

In real life, if I stab someone, I certainly get the credit (runs from the cops)...

In real life if I push someone off a cliff, the police would be eager to give me the credit too :p

Just sayin'

Also, don't you hate when you push them off and they don't die? so your companion has to chase them to the bottom, kill them, then bring a train of Everquest proportions back to you to finish off:P

Also, don't you hate when you push them off and they don't die? so your companion has to chase them to the bottom, kill them, then bring a train of Everquest proportions back to you to finish off:P

That's kind of fun in its own right. Shove an npc off a ledge/cliff/whatever and see just how many mobs it can aggro and bring to you. Best way I found to make sure the enemy dies if I do the shoving game is to injure them and then shove. Unless it's a place like Coruscant where it doesn't matter if you have a full health bar when going bye-bye.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.