Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Alderaan Warzone: If you're Losing DON"T CAP!

Ch_Zero

If winning or losing actually mattered I would be more reluctant to accept defeat. Also if the warzones were better designed to make comebacks more realistic.

I'm used to games where death hurts, I'm used to survival at all costs and above all else - but I just don't care in games where death is inconsequential and real loss is nonexistent. It doesn't matter how many millions of games of voidstar the we win or lose - it'll still be there next time as inconsequential as ever, so I just don't care at all. But you can bet if I dropped all of my stuff and winning or losing that warzone had some meaningful impact I'd never give up, but don't delude yourself it doesn't matter at all. So get off the high horse and accept nothing matters in this game by design.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then give me your in game name show me u have balls... i will 100% sure drop every time i see you so you will start mini in 7 perhaps if someone wont take my place and u most probably loose anyway and you will waste even more time till you will understand what a looser mentality it is and most probably just give up and leave the game

^_^ i am waiting for the name of every and each one that support this lame attitude

My in-game name is swtor_player_01. You can find us all over the place, because this reasoning is all over the place. I'd be willing to bet that half the people in the game pack it in once the loss is guaranteed, and the only reason they continue "fighting" is to gain medals, not to continue trying to win. So just look around, you'll find the people you are looking to drop from.

Oh, and if you really want to see my balls, I can post a picture, but lets do that on another forum, ok?

If winning or losing actually mattered I would be more reluctant to accept defeat. Also if the warzones were better designed to make comebacks more realistic.

I'm used to games where death hurts, I'm used to survival at all costs and above all else - but I just don't care in games where death is inconsequential and real loss is nonexistent. It doesn't matter how many millions of games of voidstar the we win or lose - it'll still be there next time as inconsequential as ever, so I just don't care at all. But you can bet if I dropped all of my stuff and winning or losing that warzone had some meaningful impact I'd never give up, but don't delude yourself it doesn't matter at all. So get off the high horse and accept nothing matters in this game by design.

100% agree. I'm the type of player who will give it all if there is value in the acts. I've played many PvP games over my lifetime, and the ones that have valid rewards for continuing to fight through all odds were fun, but they had value. SWTOR doesn't. I absolutely love games where you are penalized for dying, or playing poorly. EQ was one of my favorites when you could loot 1 item off your opponent if you got the KB. That added value to killing, as well as value to survival. That was fun and rewarding. I wish there were more games with that type of system.

i dont care if im losoing, if im going to lose, im going to make sure i put up a fight and didnt bend over like some dog.

Why? Do you think anyone cares that you do? Do you think it portrays your RL character in any form or fashion? Please help me understand why it would matter?

Knowing when to call it properly comes with experience.

And No! there is not always hope, hope is a lie.

There is only knowledge.

Through Knowledge i gain gear, through gear and knowledge i gain victory.

Sometimes your team is missing some of these elements.

So if you say there is always a chance, Well no there isn't i know this from experience.

And from reading this thread i can kind of gauge experience and intelligence.

Well at least I now know when we seem to be losing how easily the enemy seem to outnumber us, it's because they are, since half me team are crying at the back cos they can't win the way the want. If you beat me I want you to remember it, and I guaranteee there are teams out there that do. I have been losing and with others beside me we have made teams fight to get the full win. I don't care if you got through one door more than me, you're not getting to the end without a fight. As for Huttball i didn't know there was a maximum score, but even if my teams useless I'm still gonna do damage. I'm still gonna stop them.

So stop crying, pick up you weapon and at least have the option to say YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE OTHER GUY

Edited by Marlon

I have mixed feelings. If you are losing to the point that your score is half of your enemy's, it makes no sense to continue because without 3-capping, you literally cannot win the game. It's mathematically impossible.

On the other hand, I really hate "quitting".

Civil War is one of those WZ where there is a point of no return. Even in Huttball (yech) you can be down 4-0 and pull off a win. If you are down 220-450 in CW, there is almost no possibility of a win. It's simply not numerically possible without at least a minute of 3 cap.

I have won before when it was 150-550. It Can happen, and it does happen.

I have won before when it was 150-550. It Can happen, and it does happen.

I have too, but it doesn't happen often enough to consider trying every time. Just because you can make a half-court shot 1 out of 100 times doesn't mean the coach is going to tell you to go for it every time. And in my opinion (and others), those come from the brink scenarios don't create enough of a feeling of monumental victory to consider trying every time. Heck, nowadays, no victory celebration lasts beyond 5 minutes after in these type of games anyways. Instead, it's just on to the next, even if you pull out a tough victory. These type of games dumb down our acts and help us create an apathy to failure. If you die, it doesn't matter because you'll be back in the action in less than 20 seconds. If you lose a wz in the first 4 minutes, it's ok because there will be a next game very soon.

Most games I get into there are 4-5 on one side and 7-8 players on the other. So who ever has the most people wins. I don't know what Bioware thinks they are going to do to fix this but I'm not holding my breath.

Most of the time I just hang out at the one node we do control to get my D-medals. PVP is a massive waste of time right now for most people. But I'm a sorc so I can farm 5 medals without ever getting into combat so it's not that bad for me.

I've had the daily to win 3 matches for over a week. I've had the weekly for a month. It's an hour Que to join a game that is already lost or you have so few people you might as well have already lost.

Bioware wonders why people are canceling like this is a sinking ship... Gee... I wonder if it's the COMPLETE LACK of player driven content?

Edited by Coyotecalls

Beyond that some of us are not losers and will always be trying.

Quoted for truth. Suck it up and defend your three cap. If you can, you win at the same speed anyway. If you can't, it was a fluke and you didn't deserve that kind of speed in the first place.

The point of the PvP match is to attack and kill other players. I do not PvP for rewards or titles or gear, I PvP with the sole intention to attack and kill other player characters.

My general mentality is that if I must lose; my enemy's victory will be expensive and bloody.

NONE of the Warzones REQUIRE you to ever kill anybody. If you are playing every Warzone with a "kill on sight" mentality, you are a terrible awful player.

Won another Alderaan today after the "point of no return". A brief span of 3-cap and some long, heavy 2-cap defense and boom, 10 point win.

Good thing OP and his defenders weren't there to sit on left the whole time after things got hairy.

Edited by flem

This will not happen in rated WZ's. If they keep a stat for desertion most will be too embarrassed to do this behavior. Especially when they start to realize who the real bad is on their team. Also, most people in vent can't say the words, "hey we lost lets give up" without realizing how sad that sounds. Edited by richardya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.