Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

This pretty much. I'm a little sad that my guildmates are in and I'm not. (August 1st preorder here)

I know I don't have a right to it blah blah blah, but if they couldn't even get past July pre orders on day 1...

Don't worry about it. I noticed you've registered in 2008 as well. That means you have waited for three years. You can wait one more week, no problem :) Just think back at those times you wished the game was just around the corner, well, now it is! Stay positive!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Blizzard could have made this, obviously Bioware has no clue about what to do with an MMO. This Pre Launch thing could have been a great idea, but instead has become a total nightmare. Look at all the angry people filling this thread. They could all have been made happy by just letting more people in; or in some cases just giving the people that preordered a guesstimate of when they will be allowed in. You don't have to over complicate this Bioware, just give the people what they want.

Preordered 08/04-

wow, all these idiots scheduling their lives around this video game. just wow.

Whoa man, ain't nothing wrong with that. I preordered right away, then quit my job the next day. Since then I've been suckling off the government teet waiting for today.

No a gift was 1 million preorder money sitting in biowares bank acount.I have never been given a gift on a string that i have to chase to get.

So whats this gift you gave bio. You purchased the game (no gift there), you get 1st month play (no gift there), launch day is 20th and anything before is free, early access so no gift there....

Sending them a book token is a gift...

This has got to be the dumbest launch I have ever heard of. I was all on board the staggered stuff, it made sense.. and was looking like it was working fine this morning.

Now though you guys stop at lunchtime?!?!? Please explain to me how that makes any sense. You slowly staggered in groups once every two hours or so and then just stop until tommorow? I could buy into that if you were spacing them out every 4 or 5 hours... but this is a load of crap. Unless something broke, everything should be running smoothly and the every couple hour schedule should be kept going. I fail to see any reason to stop now... one way or another your gonna have all these people on your servers at once... Why antagonize your soon to be paying customers by further delaying it. What will make 8am tommorow so different then 3:30pm today?

If I cancel my preorder (I'm giving them another day to sort this stuff out) then it's to prove a point. The communication of all this was terrible. Telling people extremely late that it would be staggered, never giving us a general date for our waves, etc.

The whole thing seems very haphazard. And Origin has been up and down for the past several hours on top of all that.

If I cancel my preorder, it will be to say "I like your game, but your release was ****. I'm not afraid to put my money where my mouth is. You do something this stupid again and I'm gone, no matter how much I like your game."

They didn't tell people about this too late at all. Bioware even mentioned Early Access would be staggered based on a first come first serve basis on the redemption of your pre-order code on the first day you were able to pre-order the game, namely the 21st of July.

And they can't even give you a general date for the waves because they can't know for certain beforehand if they can actually let you in around that time or even on that day.

But, um, Bioware? Yeah, that whole, 'no EU servers are up' thing? Poor form folks. Get on it. They paid just like we did on this side of the pond.

I've seen this multiple times over the two threads.

There are 39 or 40 EU servers online right now. They are listed as NA, but, they are up.

Hope that helps. :)

THAT SAID, it would be nice if they would just continue to let people in as long as things are moving forward and all. I don't see what they gain from not doing it, but obviously there's a reason.

My only thoughts on this and I agree with you; is that they are not only not wanting to overload the server but also are seeing how stable said servers are until they let more people in tomorrow. I am expecting an increase in volume per wave/ per day.

After boasting your servers were coping with 750000 people during the beta you let a trickle of players into your servers and stop after only 9hours of waves. You've let barely 200k in - each server (which you happily boasted about) can handle 80-100k.

Complete joke of a system.

The worst thing is the constant cryptic BS messages your company has posted on twatter and other mediums teasing that lots would get in.. You've failed to delivery epically.

You managed to let in 6 days of pre-order, you've now killed any sort of game economy and given a select "elitist" few a massive headstart and advantage irrespective of server.

Bunch of ***** your company.