New class: vampire!

Agemnon

I know what you are thinking: but... vampires aren't very Star Warsy! Well, here me out, since I thought of a plausible way they could work out. I'll start with their game mechanic stuff such as moves (and their imp mirror the vampire hunter):

1. Can buff a party member's attack x3 for 10 seconds.

2. Has long distance attacks that throws a deep red energy ball or a beam. These attacks go 40 meters.

3. A skill where none of their skills require energy or force or needs to cool down for 6 seconds, this skill itself will be on a 3 minute cool down.

4. A utility skill that reduces armor rating by 90% for 10 seconds.

Now, onto one of their advanced classes:

1. Will have a tanking, healing, and DPS spec.

2. Speed demon: has an ability that doubles one's movement speed, which halves the GCD

3. Healing spec's top ability: Like the sage healer's, but AoE healing is dependent upon draining hostiles' HP.

4. Tank spec has an ability that triples armor for 1 minute. This will make the vampire sparkle and his skin will glow white.

5. Darkness fright (close ranged AoE crowd control, all specs): holds the target in place for 10 seconds.

11. Force fright: blinds the target for 8 seconds, damage does not dispell effect.

12. Bloodthirsty (all specs): Boosts critical and surge and makes all attacks impossible to counter for 10 seconds. Would not share cool down with relics. Accompanied by a graphic of the character's eyes glowing red and showing fangs.

13. Sinking fangs (all specs): a close ranged HP draining ability.

14. Psychic drain: Long ranged draining ability.

15. Blood Rain (DPS spec final ability): Activates an ability for 10 seconds that automatically follows its target, which cannot be interrupted or countered. On a 5 minute cool down. The caster alternates between pelting the opponent with force attacks and flying bicycle kicks, which uses the force to aid in the kicks' speed and intensity. The ability ends with the character sinking their fangs into the opponent's neck.

And all specs have stealth, wear light armor, and equips a lightsaber and vibroknife.

Plotwise:

It is known that vampires cannot be near the sun, so we can apply this rule to other stars. The vampire character takes a certain medicine to enable him/her to survive during daytime cycles. You don't actually need to supply your character with it, as it's assumed that he/she takes it during the times you don't see your character. I mean, we assume our characters bathe even though we don't actually see them doing so. However, during a certain class quest you'd have to retrieve it again after imperials steal it. During another a fellow vampire in the same clan as you was out during the daylight, when all of a sudden he bursts into flames! It turns out that he was given a fake version of this medicine by corrupt interests, and you must avenge him.

Also, your character would be known as one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy, and this is frequently mentioned across quests.

Star Wars it up by calling your vampire an Anzati instead.

Behind the scenes

In The Essential Guide to Characters, it is stated that Anzati only consumed a victim's luck, and that a victim could survive.[12] This, however, is contradicted by almost every other source where an Anzat appears in.[3] Nonetheless, the The New Essential Guide to Alien Species does state that the Anzati had a range of names for their meals, among them "Soup", "Luck", and "Sea of Memory".[1]

Anzati appear to have been based on vampires - mythological undead monsters who subsist on and create other vampires through feeding on the blood of the living - and this is even referred to in their "snot vampire" moniker and the "myth" that their victims also became Anzati. They retain many of the typical characteristics of vampires in fantasy depictions: they feed on the "life force" of sentient beings, have incredible longevity, no pulse, irresistible powers over lesser beings, heightened senses, incredible strength and stamina, and are frequently intellectual and cultured despite their ******* inclinations, with the exception that feeding does not make a victim become Anzat in turn.

As you can see, Star Wars lore has already firmly placed the Anzat as Star Wars answer to Vampires so theres no need to try & add real stupid blood drinking, sparkly skinned pansy ones in also.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

Sounds kinda like champions online.

I duno man, I am for improvments and new playable races, but am about zombied and vamped out:rolleyes:

Yeah, Twilight can do that =( I hope I established that the vampire would be animated via the Force (how else in the Star Wars universe?) and they could be either light or dark side. Although it's hard to be lightside when you need blood to survive they could still opt not to drink blood while the quest giver you spare donates willingly and sends it through the mail (not as an actual inventory in game item but implied they'd have some in a bag anyway)

New classes (need mirrors obviously) need to be:

Republic - Jedi Beast Handler

Description: Jedi attuned to nature can call upon and control it and its beasts using the force

Skill Samples: Summon Vine Cat, Eruption, Vine trap, Summon Adolescent Rancor

Imperial - Sith Engineer

Description: Sith proficient in both engineering and the force can create various machines imbued with dark energy, capable of torture and destruction.

Skill Samples: Create Probe/Interrogation droid, Launch Mine Droid, Launch Stun Droid, Create Mini Walker

Description: Jedi attuned to nature can call upon and control it and its beasts using the force

Imperial - Sith Engineer

Description: Sith proficient in both engineering and the force can create various machines imbued with dark energy, capable of torture and destruction.

Skill Samples: Create Probe/Interrogation droid, Launch Mine Droid, Launch Stun Droid, Create Mini Walker

Hmmmm well interesting, but nothing on his vampires ....lol

Like it tho

Imperial - Sith Engineer

Sounds cool. I think both having an ability similar to "Army of the Dead" would be nice. And if some pets/droids tanked or healed too.

I know what you are thinking: but... vampires aren't very Star Warsy! Well, here me out, since I thought of a plausible way they could work out. I'll start with their game mechanic stuff such as moves (and their imp mirror the vampire hunter):

1. Can buff a party member's attack x3 for 10 seconds.

2. Has long distance attacks that throws a deep red energy ball or a beam. These attacks go 40 meters.

3. A skill where none of their skills require energy or force or needs to cool down for 6 seconds, this skill itself will be on a 3 minute cool down.

4. A utility skill that reduces armor rating by 90% for 10 seconds.

Now, onto one of their advanced classes:

1. Will have a tanking, healing, and DPS spec.

2. Speed demon: has an ability that doubles one's movement speed, which halves the GCD

3. Healing spec's top ability: Like the sage healer's, but AoE healing is dependent upon draining hostiles' HP.

4. Tank spec has an ability that triples armor for 1 minute. This will make the vampire sparkle and his skin will glow white.

5. Darkness fright (close ranged AoE crowd control, all specs): holds the target in place for 10 seconds.

11. Force fright: blinds the target for 8 seconds, damage does not dispell effect.

12. Bloodthirsty (all specs): Boosts critical and surge and makes all attacks impossible to counter for 10 seconds. Would not share cool down with relics. Accompanied by a graphic of the character's eyes glowing red and showing fangs.

13. Sinking fangs (all specs): a close ranged HP draining ability.

14. Psychic drain: Long ranged draining ability.

15. Blood Rain (DPS spec final ability): Activates an ability for 10 seconds that automatically follows its target, which cannot be interrupted or countered. On a 5 minute cool down. The caster alternates between pelting the opponent with force attacks and flying bicycle kicks, which uses the force to aid in the kicks' speed and intensity. The ability ends with the character sinking their fangs into the opponent's neck.

And all specs have stealth, wear light armor, and equips a lightsaber and vibroknife.

Plotwise:

It is known that vampires cannot be near the sun, so we can apply this rule to other stars. The vampire character takes a certain medicine to enable him/her to survive during daytime cycles. You don't actually need to supply your character with it, as it's assumed that he/she takes it during the times you don't see your character. I mean, we assume our characters bathe even though we don't actually see them doing so. However, during a certain class quest you'd have to retrieve it again after imperials steal it. During another a fellow vampire in the same clan as you was out during the daylight, when all of a sudden he bursts into flames! It turns out that he was given a fake version of this medicine by corrupt interests, and you must avenge him.

Also, your character would be known as one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy, and this is frequently mentioned across quests.

Stick to twilight...

Imperial - Sith Engineer

I LIKE THIS ^ makes so much sense and sounds fun id roll one.:cool:

Imperial - Sith Engineer

I love this idea

Your idea doesn't sadden me--what saddens me is people using reference as vampires to Twilight instead of real Vampire movies.

Actually, I think his ideas are what cause people to think about Twilight rather than anything else.

C'mon....a 90% armour reduction for 10 seconds????

You can't seriously maintain that that's not a ridiculous idea.

• 2 months later...

*sigh* Sorry OP, but I read this and I just shake my head. However this is not the most outrageous Idea I have ever heard, but it's up there. In the future, if you're going to make a class suggestion try and do something feasible, something fitting and star-wars-original.

My firm, resolute and resolved response is a resounding No.

About the person that suggested the Engineer and the Beast Master.

Engineer: Sorry, No. Given the plot and the already existing classes, you simply CANNOT combine Sith power and the techy imperial military spectrums. It just doesn't work.

Beast Master: I also will have to give a No to this one. I like the idea of summoning creatures to fight by your side, but again this prospect is simply not reasonable for SWTOR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.