Community Q&A: March 23rd 2012

CourtneyWoods

They're all saved to my HDD for emails and submissions to fansites and game blogs/websites. These are crude first drafts for idea syntheses.

I suggest you read one. Or as many as you want. Reading isn't that hard once you get used to it. ;)

Also I get plenty of PMs and thread replies to long winded posts--sometimes it's right away sometimes it's 10/20 pages down the line.

Edited by Shampoo

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know if the item checking when hovering will be changed at all to simplify things?

For example... If I have my companion in my character screen when checking equipment... when I hover over items in my bag can it show the stats of the item equipped by my companion? It's annoying having to go back and forth etc.

Cheers

Is there any plans to tone down the astronomical amount of CC in PvP? Some matches feel as you are in some form of CC 90% of the time, break out ability is on way too long of a CD for the amount of CC being spammed and you could easily be stunned through an entire full resolve bar for by the time it empties it self you can be stun/cc'd all over again. This desperately needs to be addressed.

Hurray another pointless Q&A. I mean FFS why do you even bother anymore?

I think questions like "Why is my Lightsaber Green?" would be better. At least you'd have a solid answer. "Because you have a green crystal."

People (like myself) who are unsubbed and not going to rejoin the game until the server population issue is addressed?

Well, I think the best question for the next Q&A is "Why are the people who unsubscribed still able to post their QQ on the forum?" :D

And so, the question about population problems were not relevant enought to be answered ??

Let me know what your metrics say about number of subscribers after today...

There is a forum with 89 pages and about 95% of the posts are a request for server mergs or the opportunity to switch. Why does bioware not answer this and get on it. People want to play a mmo and thats why they are telling bioware about it. I guess they will just keep loosing subs. I know if it does not happens soon my guild and i are going back to the mmo not to be named.

P.S. Forgot the 30% of post in this thread are also about a server merg.....mabey if i ignore it ....it might go away?????? mabey.........mabey?

Edited by Valfurium

Holonet timeline?

For reals?

Seemed like there were multiple server population questions on every page of the Q&A thread...

Oh my bad. I missed an offical response to that. I tried searching and checking out the dev tracker and some twitter avenues but it's eluding me.

Any chance at a link?

Here is the answer from one of the previous Q&A:

MrGerbz: What kind of measures will you take to improve the community, population, and faction balance of each server?

Daniel Erickson: Faction balance is always a concern and something we watch carefully across all servers. It’s also something you can never fully account for programmatically as it is different on each server. We have many servers where the differences are small enough to be negligible and then others where either the Empire or the Republic has a huge numbers advantage. The Legacy System will take some first steps towards incentivizing players to look at what the other side has to offer and we will continue watching the most extreme servers to see if additional steps are needed.

Edited by Jedlosson

I would like to know if the item checking when hovering will be changed at all to simplify things?

For example... If I have my companion in my character screen when checking equipment... when I hover over items in my bag can it show the stats of the item equipped by my companion? It's annoying having to go back and forth etc.

Cheers

There is an option to turn on companion compare. It will display both you and your companion when you hover over an item. Is this what you are looking for?

When will tanking companions be buffed? Currently they are quite squishy especially for non healer classes.

Khem needs love.

Xalek needs more love and his shield ratings fixed.

Dude ..they are not real tanks for fp's and heroics. they are meant to help u out in missions which they do in spades.. with proper cc and a lightning shield on him he can do any mission in the game.

I can sympathise with BW to an extent on the server merge/transfer issue. They clearly didn't plan for needing to do this - which showed inexperience and lack of foresight - so now they're in trouble.

They're trying to devise ways of making it happen, but then they'll have to deal with things like all of the name clashes, legacy name clashes, guild name clashes etc. Then you have to work out what happens when one player moves characters from 2 servers to a single new server - in particular the legacy stuff gets sticky there. These are not necessarily easy things to design and implement... especially when losing character details can be an outcome. And there's doubtless some negotations that have to go on with their server farm outsourcer etc...

So I sympathise with the difficulties and can understand that they say "We're working on it".

But... well, this is one of those things where the problem might go away by itself - when enough people simply give up and leave the game. They may bet on people coming back to the game, when they finally do implement mergers/transfers... but they may well lose that bet. Your initial base of customers is incredibly important in building the health of an MMO and if you lose too many of them, you'll find that it's difficult to recover and pull them back - almost whatever you do.

If I were BW, I'd have pulled as many resources off everything else to make sure that server mergers/transfers are available as soon as possible. This problem won't just affect this quarter- or half-year, it will affect the entire future of the game.

X

The community being ignored so much is really a slap in the face. My sub ends in 20 days, if until then theres no near solution to the server population issue I will cancel and doubt I will ever come back.

Too bad Bioware, the first month was good, and the game is excellent, but you missed to make something out of it. Now we get emotes and races, stuff that no one really needs, instead of real issues being adressed. I thought with EA in the back you might do better, they should have the MMO experience.

my sub just ended and i really don't think i'll resub just for one more ops and legacy system which in my opinion is boring and brings nothing new into the game. my character's going to be a father? really? who cares? i've got a realy life guys.. but ok, i bet your character will feel special. if it was implemented from day one, as it should be maybe i'd check it out, but seriously, your plans to get your subs back in april (since everyone's sub ends right about now or at the end of march) is so transparent and sad. i may resub actualy to see that ops, but probably i'll just watch it on youtube.. like your mass effect 3 DLC which you so generously give away.. for 15 bucks haha!

I'm sooooooooooooo mad :mad: that there isn't no Mandalorian title.

But really though, I'd honestly like to know/be informed about how difficult/why there's only 3, soon to be 4 tiny pvp maps to be played. Are they just difficult to implement or something? I was thinking there would be at LEAST a half a dozen at launch, but have been stuck with 3 relatively simple matches/maps.

Not being a debbie downer or trollface, just genuinely curious

i saw something about healing nerfs and end game balancing.

but that doesn't fit into your specific needs or wants so its not really relevant i guess huh. :rolleyes:

i feel so sorry for bioware having to put up with some of the most pretentious entitled players. just go back to WOW already will you.

Well, you should cut some players a break. You were a newbbei at one time. And stop whining about complaints players make. If you don't like it you can go back to WOW too!!!

:mad:

Pzljug: When are you guys going to finish the Timeline on the Holonet?

I hereby confirm that this was a VERY VERY important question!

The Holonet! On the website! It's everybody's biggest concern nowadays! o.O

sigh,no server pop fixes,no engine fix acknowledgment.I know you guys know that hacks are in the game asked a CS.good thing I unsubbed may 15 can not come fast enough so far I am playing skyrim with mods that has a magicka saber so skyrim will be my new swtor.

I just dont understand Y they dont fix the server issue. Its not that complicated....If they want to transfer they may have to change their name.....understandable. Im not resubbing you lost my sub and the 19 of my guild mates this month.......gl bioware we will not come back cause we are heading over to MOP and D3. have fun.

BTW this was their answer....the first two paragraphs are the only that matter but its a lil something...they are working on it??????? how long?

"Hello everyone. I can absolutely understand the frustrations expressed here, and I appreciate that for the most part, you're being constructive in your comments. Here's a little more insight into the situation.

The character transfer system is being actively worked on by the development team. It's a large, complex project, made more complicated by the Legacy System - and it has to work perfectly. As always, it is not the only task the team as a whole is undertaking, but it's a priority. It has not been deliberately delayed, nor is it being 'held back' for any reason. As you know, the first stage of the system will be a one-off, optional transfer for those who are based in the regions defined in our FAQ. At some point after that, we'll bring a more fully-featured character transfer system online for all to use.

I can understand the frustration of those of you who have been playing on the US servers and waiting for transfers. We know your enthusiasm and excitement for the game - you wouldn't have taken the steps you did to get the game earlier than the official launch if you weren't enthusiastic. We're working as hard as we can to get the system in place. If we could have brought it online earlier, we would have. However, priorities post-launch had to be directed towards the game itself. The team's been working flat-out to improve the game, including bug fixes and additional content.

When we announced our launch territories last year we knew many more fans were excited to play The Old Republic. That's why we moved quickly to launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore, with more territories being lined up for future launches. Our primary focus when launching in any new territory has to be to reach more players. Ultimately, that's best for the continuing success of the game. We want everyone who wishes to play on the new servers to be able to do so, hence character transfer being offered. With that said, in this case we felt it was important to get the game into the hands of new players as soon as possible. That, combined with our post-launch development priorities, meant that character transfer did not make our launch date for these territories.

The development team remains committed to delivering a robust character transfer system for all, with our first priority being for Asia-Pacific players. If we can bring the system to you earlier than expected, we will, but for now we’re aiming towards late April.

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]"

Edited by Valfurium

Who on earth asks / picks these questions?

They're completely irrelevant and not a single one seems to be a pressing community issue.

Amen.

The short answer is, the Devs pick the ones that are easiest, most convenient, least embarassing for them to answer.

I know that sounds cynical but hey, that's just business.

will there be more weapon choice's for merc. we have only have blaster choice, i have seen a couple bounty hunter (smuggler story) who had a blaster rifle. I would go for blaster rifle if have to choice out 2 blaster \ blaster rifle.

Merc are master of tech and gun i belief so give us a option to equip a blaster rifle so we can choose out of loot from raid etc

:wea_09: - - - -- - - - - - for Merc's